• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

...impeach the fool...

Go read the Constitution moron. Nothing for impeachment. Geez, do we even teach government in elementary school anymore.

zengriz said:
...ya think...

... :shock: ...

With all your resentment of our President, just who is it you think could/would do a better job after 100 days? After all, every democrat is fighting him tooth and nail, no matter what he does.
What is it you want you aren't getting?

Glendivegriz said:
Go read the Constitution moron. Nothing for impeachment. Geez, do we even teach government in elementary school anymore.

It also doesn't say a fool should be President.

Think David Gergen is a fool?

Trump needs to go.
Sessions needs to go.
Pence needs to go.
Paul Ryan needs to go.

And we're only getting warmed up.

reinell30 said:
zengriz said:
...ya think...

With all your resentment of our President, just who is it you think could/would do a better job after 100 days? After all, every democrat is fighting him tooth and nail, no matter what he does.

I hope this is a joke. If not, what I would like is someone who is competent. I don't care which party he or she is from. Most of the fighting is the blind fighting the world trying to hang on to a view not shared by the majority. People voted for jobs, not the rest of the crap. None of the other things as walls and repealing insurance were even close. When there are no good jobs added he will be down to 35 percent. People will soon see that he is a head job that lied to get elected and only wants to lower his taxes and build his own business. If you think he is for anyone else you are bring fooled.

The sad thing is the people who elected him were blindly led. Is was so similar to Hitler speeches that it was scary to see happen. I am very smart. BELIEVE ME.

[/quote]

Any carbon based life form in the universe would do better ... it would be impossible not to do better. Of course, the Democrats are fighting him ... along with more and more Republicans every day. He's done for, but we need to keep him writhing on the hook until the midterms so we can get rid of this plague.

Glendivegriz said:

If we do, you missed the class. Obstruction of justice is the most current reason. Then there's gross incompetence. Read David Brooks latest piece on his "infantilism."

Fat Bruno said:
Glendivegriz said:

If we do, you missed the class. Obstruction of justice is the most current reason. Then there's gross incompetence. Read David Brooks latest piece on his "infantilism."

Oh please enlighten us? Lol. Do you not understand that if Trump committed a crime, Comey didn't report or investigate which is also Obstruction and makes him accountable for Trumps alleged Obstruction? Whereby, Comey could not be compelled to testify about it because of the 5th amendment. He would have to be given immunity which then would make his testimony less than credible. Furthermore, Comey would have committed Official Misconduct. He would then likely lose his pension and benefits. Beyond that, it's a good story.

reinell30 said:
zengriz said:
...ya think...

30, I'm honestly interested in your reply, here, because I find the argument that Trump's failures are due to Democratic obstructionism fascinating. To most if not all independent thinkers, the debacle that is the first 120 days are due nearly entirely to unforced errors of the president's own doing.

It seems a little far-fetched to me that the Dems are obstructing much when the R's control all 3 branches. The only obstruction they could seemingly muster was against Gorsuch's nomination, and in that instance the R's simply changed the rules, took their ball, and went home. I'm curious what you feel would be different/better if the Dems were not obstructing?

Glendivegriz said:
Fat Bruno said:
Glendivegriz said:

Oh please enlighten us? Lol. Do you not understand that if Trump committed a crime, Comey didn't report or investigate which is also Obstruction and makes him accountable for Trumps alleged Obstruction? Whereby, Comey could not be compelled to testify about it because of the 5th amendment. He would have to be given immunity which then would make his testimony less than credible. Furthermore, Comey would have committed Official Misconduct. He would then likely lose his pension and benefits. Beyond that, it's a good story.

Again, very interested in a reply here, too, because this argument fascinates me. Are you suggesting that Comey was not investigating after Trump's alleged comment to him?

EverettGriz said:
reinell30 said:
zengriz said:
...ya think...

30, I'm honestly interested in your reply, here, because I find the argument that Trump's failures are due to Democratic obstructionism fascinating. To most if not all independent thinkers, the debacle that is the first 120 days are due nearly entirely to unforced errors of the president's own doing.

It seems a little far-fetched to me that the Dems are obstructing much when the R's control all 3 branches. The only obstruction they could seemingly muster was against Gorsuch's nomination, and in that instance the R's simply changed the rules, took their ball, and went home. I'm curious what you feel would be different/better if the Dems were not obstructing?

Trump is not a politician! This is why so many voted for him. Americans are sick of Washington DC politics. Trump is different, he tries to fulfill his promises, but is blocked at every avenue. If not in DC, then by federal judges in states.
It would take to long to spell out everything,

Trump doesn't have his full cabinet yet.
The wall.
Immigration policy.
Tax cuts
Now the health care bill that was proposed sounded to me like a travesty, as bad or worse than what is in place, I am not sure, I haven't read it.
Seems to me to fix health care in this country the politicians need to attack the insurance companies who rip people off daily.
Here are just a few.....

Okay, but those legislative wishes are not being denied by the Dems. In most cases, there hasn't even been legislative action drawn up to move those promises forward. Yes, health care has been ripped. We can argue whether that's correct or not until we're blue, but after seven years of hearing about repealing and replacing with something spectacular, most of us expected more. We didn't expect that 24 million Americans would lose coverage, and that a vote would take place before the OMB gave cost estimates. Regarding unfilled positions, the vast majority of government posts not yet filled do not even require Senate approval.

And you're correct. Trump ran on and won because he's not a politician. But I would argue that that is precisely his problem. He doesn't know how to run the government. You cannot have it both ways: you can't say you don't want a career politician, and then blame the failures when that person doesn't know how to steward the business of government forward on others. Look, I fully expect that Trump will get stonewalled wherever possible by Dems, in part because he's used up so much credibility fighting about shit that doesn't matter (e.g. the size of his Inauguration crowd). But I don't think one can argue that's the problem at this point. The problem is the West Wing is in complete disarray.

EverettGriz said:
Okay, but those legislative wishes are not being denied by the Dems. In most cases, there hasn't even been legislative action drawn up to move those promises forward. Yes, health care has been ripped. We can argue whether that's correct or not until we're blue, but after seven years of hearing about repealing and replacing with something spectacular, most of us expected more. We didn't expect that 24 million Americans would lose coverage, and that a vote would take place before the OMB gave cost estimates. Regarding unfilled positions, the vast majority of government posts not yet filled do not even require Senate approval.

And you're correct. Trump ran on and won because he's not a politician. But I would argue that that is precisely his problem. He doesn't know how to run the government. You cannot have it both ways: you can't say you don't want a career politician, and then blame the failures when that person doesn't know how to steward the business of government forward on others. Look, I fully expect that Trump will get stonewalled wherever possible by Dems, in part because he's used up so much credibility fighting about shit that doesn't matter (e.g. the size of his Inauguration crowd). But I don't think one can argue that's the problem at this point. The problem is the West Wing is in complete disarray.

I am all ears. How do we fix what is wrong? Pointing fingers gets no where. Tell me one person who ran for president for OBama's position that would make this country really work again?
The idea I have would be to remove everyone in DC and start over. Remove all the pensions and retirement benefits first, then shit can the entire government. As long as people like McConnell, McCain, Ryan, Pelosi, Schumer are there, nothing will ever work. (Those are the 1st ones to go)

It's easy to criticize Congressmen and Congresswomen from states in which you cannot vote. Congress is a perfect reflection of the American people, who cannot and will not agree on anything. People want simple answers to complex problems. They elect people who hate government to run government. We get what we deserve. Trump's greatest success will be to teach us not to be suckers for carnival barkers and their sales pitches. Religion and politics don't blend into good policy. The only place you can find good policy is in the center, not in the fringes. I'll take John McCain over Ted Cruz and Mike Pence any day, but I'll take Tip O'Neill over John McCain. Here's an idea. Let's evolve.

30, I would begin with the premise that things really weren't that bad to begin with, and America is already pretty damn great.

As for fixing those things that do need a little fixing, I'm in complete agreement with you and AWF's excellent post. Change has to come from and be rooted in the center. But that won't happen until we vote that way.

EverettGriz said:
Glendivegriz said:
Fat Bruno said:
Glendivegriz said:

Again, very interested in a reply here, too, because this argument fascinates me. Are you suggesting that Comey was not investigating after Trump's alleged comment to him?

Comey under the U.S. code had a duty to immediately report it if he felt it was a crime. Inaction makes him culpable as well. His May 3 testimony under oath states that no one had tried to influence him on the investigation which would also open him up for perjury. This is a big fat nothing if self preservation is an instinct Comey possesses.
It is equally interesting to note that suddenly Pelosi and some of the top Dems. have gotten off the impeachment bandwagon. The special counsel situation is a double edge sword. Being tasked to look into the Russian influence reopens the DNC email and Hillary server mess. Which leads us back to Podesta's relation with Russian banks and Bill's meeting with Loretta Lynch. Questions of why did the DNC refuse the FBI to examine their servers and was Seth Rich really the leaker as Assange has drawn attention to? This may be a situation of careful what you wish for.

Glendivegriz said:
EverettGriz said:
Glendivegriz said:
Fat Bruno said:

Comey under the U.S. code had a duty to immediately report it if he felt it was a crime. Inaction makes him culpable as well. His May 3 testimony under oath states that no one had tried to influence him on the investigation which would also open him up for perjury. This is a big fat nothing if self preservation is an instinct Comey possesses.
It is equally interesting to note that suddenly Pelosi and some of the top Dems. have gotten off the impeachment bandwagon. The special counsel situation is a double edge sword. Being tasked to look into the Russian influence reopens the DNC email and Hillary server mess. Which leads us back to Podesta's relation with Russian banks and Bill's meeting with Loretta Lynch. Questions of why did the DNC refuse the FBI to examine their servers and was Seth Rich really the leaker as Assange has drawn attention to? This may be a situation of careful what you wish for.

You forget Comey didn't allege anything yet. Others have said there were notes. Culpability for what. Are you assuming Trump is guilty.

AllWeatherFan said:
It's easy to criticize Congressmen and Congresswomen from states in which you cannot vote. Congress is a perfect reflection of the American people, who cannot and will not agree on anything. People want simple answers to complex problems. They elect people who hate government to run government. We get what we deserve. Trump's greatest success will be to teach us not to be suckers for carnival barkers and their sales pitches. Religion and politics don't blend into good policy. The only place you can find good policy is in the center, not in the fringes. I'll take John McCain over Ted Cruz and Mike Pence any day, but I'll take Tip O'Neill over John McCain. Here's an idea. Let's evolve.

I greatly appreciate the tone of the conversation by EG, 30 and AWF. Anger and polarization get us no where. Interesting how much we love to hate in contemporary politics. We live in a time that one can be elected and re-elected by simply staying on the fringe and voting an infantile "No" to anything and everything. Legislation by obstruction.

When asked about the start of the Civil War, the historian Shelby Foote said that we failed to do the thing that we have a genius for, which is compromise. Americans like to think of themselves as uncompromising but our true genius lies in compromise. Our entire existence is based upon it.

Back