• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

...impeach the fool...

coyote said:
Glendivegriz said:
EverettGriz said:
Glendivegriz said:
Oh please enlighten us? Lol. Do you not understand that if Trump committed a crime, Comey didn't report or investigate which is also Obstruction and makes him accountable for Trumps alleged Obstruction? Whereby, Comey could not be compelled to testify about it because of the 5th amendment. He would have to be given immunity which then would make his testimony less than credible. Furthermore, Comey would have committed Official Misconduct. He would then likely lose his pension and benefits. Beyond that, it's a good story.

Again, very interested in a reply here, too, because this argument fascinates me. Are you suggesting that Comey was not investigating after Trump's alleged comment to him?

Comey under the U.S. code had a duty to immediately report it if he felt it was a crime. Inaction makes him culpable as well. His May 3 testimony under oath states that no one had tried to influence him on the investigation which would also open him up for perjury. This is a big fat nothing if self preservation is an instinct Comey possesses.
It is equally interesting to note that suddenly Pelosi and some of the top Dems. have gotten off the impeachment bandwagon. The special counsel situation is a double edge sword. Being tasked to look into the Russian influence reopens the DNC email and Hillary server mess. Which leads us back to Podesta's relation with Russian banks and Bill's meeting with Loretta Lynch. Questions of why did the DNC refuse the FBI to examine their servers and was Seth Rich really the leaker as Assange has drawn attention to? This may be a situation of careful what you wish for.

You forget Comey didn't allege anything yet. Others have said there were notes. Culpability for what. Are you assuming Trump is guilty.

No, that assumption is made by the title of the thread. :roll:

Glendivegriz said:
EverettGriz said:
Glendivegriz said:
Fat Bruno said:
If we do, you missed the class. Obstruction of justice is the most current reason. Then there's gross incompetence. Read David Brooks latest piece on his "infantilism."

Oh please enlighten us? Lol. Do you not understand that if Trump committed a crime, Comey didn't report or investigate which is also Obstruction and makes him accountable for Trumps alleged Obstruction? Whereby, Comey could not be compelled to testify about it because of the 5th amendment. He would have to be given immunity which then would make his testimony less than credible. Furthermore, Comey would have committed Official Misconduct. He would then likely lose his pension and benefits. Beyond that, it's a good story.

Again, very interested in a reply here, too, because this argument fascinates me. Are you suggesting that Comey was not investigating after Trump's alleged comment to him?

Comey under the U.S. code had a duty to immediately report it if he felt it was a crime. Inaction makes him culpable as well. His May 3 testimony under oath states that no one had tried to influence him on the investigation which would also open him up for perjury. This is a big fat nothing if self preservation is an instinct Comey possesses.
It is equally interesting to note that suddenly Pelosi and some of the top Dems. have gotten off the impeachment bandwagon. The special counsel situation is a double edge sword. Being tasked to look into the Russian influence reopens the DNC email and Hillary server mess. Which leads us back to Podesta's relation with Russian banks and Bill's meeting with Loretta Lynch. Questions of why did the DNC refuse the FBI to examine their servers and was Seth Rich really the leaker as Assange has drawn attention to? This may be a situation of careful what you wish for.

LOL. What US code is that? He reports to the DOJ. And, they almost never comment on ongoing investigations.

grizpsych said:
Glendivegriz said:
EverettGriz said:
Glendivegriz said:

LOL. What US code is that? He reports to the DOJ. And, they almost never comment on ongoing investigations.

It would be under Crimes in 18 U.S. code. If you need a specific cite, be sure to include your address or credit card information for billing purposes.

Glendivegriz said:
EverettGriz said:
Glendivegriz said:
Fat Bruno said:
If we do, you missed the class. Obstruction of justice is the most current reason. Then there's gross incompetence. Read David Brooks latest piece on his "infantilism."

First two question, and not trying to be a dick because I really do not know the answer: he's the CIA Director; to whom does he report? And if it's to Sessions, is it not possible that he did just that, and that that led to his firing?

And also, it would seem to me that if the code is written as you suggest, law enforcement is in violation of this code on a near constant basis. How often do you hear of stories where law enforcement knew crimes were committed (in some cases even witnessed them), but took no action while they fully investigated, or tried to capture "bigger fish". I don't pretend to understand the role of the CIA Director, but it seems obvious to me that they often don't rush immediately out with the handcuffs during an investigation, even if they're 100% confident that a crime was committed until they know the complete story. I agree he had an obligation to investigate after hearing the alleged statements, but I don't believe his legal responsibilities go deeper than that.

Glendivegriz said:
grizpsych said:
Glendivegriz said:
EverettGriz said:

It would be under Crimes in 18 U.S. code. If you need a specific cite, be sure to include your address or credit card information for billing purposes.
Literally no where in chapter 18. Sad. Low energy.

Legal experts blast "total nonsense" theory that Comey could be subject to legal jeopardy for withholding the memo
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/6bzel5/legal_experts_blast_total_nonsense_theory_that/

Glendivegriz said:
Go read the Constitution moron. Nothing for impeachment. Geez, do we even teach government in elementary school anymore.

...whoa on the name calling dude bitch...
...you will not win a name calling contest with me...
...article II section 4 I believe..treason..perjury..obstruction...

... :argue: ...

Glendivegriz said:
Fat Bruno said:
Glendivegriz said:
Go read the Constitution moron. Nothing for impeachment. Geez, do we even teach government in elementary school anymore.

What?!! Comey was in the process of investigating him ... that's why he fired him. Do you like tying yourself in knots with demented nonsense like this, or are you driven to it by whatever brain dysfunction people must have who voted for Trump?

All I know is that we wouldn't be having these problems if we still had a real man at the FBI like J. Edgar!

hoover1.jpg

I generally avoid these political threads because I prefer my politics be kept to myself and I view from a distance. I also tend to me a GDI (God damned independent) instead of a DEM or GOP guy. I also find that arguments from the left and right are generally self serving in attempts to either get into or keep power and seldom go in depth enough to really solve any problems.

Jeb Bush called Trump the chaos candidate who will be the chaos President. Spot on. He won because he is "not a politician" who had a history as a successful businessman. Well you can be a politician and be a good president. You can be an outsider and be a good president. Trump ran and won on the emotions of voters and had grandiose nationalist ideas without a plan or organization to implement them. He is unorganized, undisciplined, and impulsive. He wants to run the government like his business where the guy in the biggest corner office barks and everyone comes running. The problem is, he is not the boss. He works for us now and more of the popular vote voted against him than for him. Common sense dictates that you come in a bit more humble and act presidential in order to start the work of the people. It is not in his DNA.

Yes dems obstruct him, but they are in the minority and they serve the PEOPLE who elected them who likely did not vote for Trump. That is how this works. Our founding fathers designed a systems of checks and balances. It is an adversarial system designed to resist the whims of a tyrannical madman. (think english royalty, not Trump, but go where you want to) If the Dems are obstructing Trump, they are better than most people think, because they are in the minority and have no political power right now. Think the GOP house and senate with the Obama White House.

In short. Impeachment is drastic and should not be used as a political tool. Speculate all you want, but I hate using the that term without even an investigation in place. Due process is a great thing. Let's let it run it's course.

[/quote]

It sounds like you've been listening to Alex Jones and Roger Stone. This is the biggest pack of convoluted wishful "thinking" and pathetic, self delusory horseshit I've heard lately. This has nothing to do with Hillary's emails and if they want to look into those other issues, who cares? Trump is the only fish they're after or that anyone cares about. If they want to pester Podesta they're welcome to it. As REPUBLICAN Lindsey Graham said today, this is now a criminal investigation in regard to Trump, not just a political one. We really don't care if they end up bringing posthumous charges against every president back to Washington ... but Trump is president now and the only one who really has to worry ... well, along with half his staff.

grizatwork said:
I generally avoid these political threads because I prefer my politics be kept to myself and I view from a distance. I also tend to me a GDI (God damned independent) instead of a DEM or GOP guy. I also find that arguments from the left and right are generally self serving in attempts to either get into or keep power and seldom go in depth enough to really solve any problems.

Jeb Bush called Trump the chaos candidate who will be the chaos President. Spot on. He won because he is "not a politician" who had a history as a successful businessman. Well you can be a politician and be a good president. You can be an outsider and be a good president. Trump ran and won on the emotions of voters and had grandiose nationalist ideas without a plan or organization to implement them. He is unorganized, undisciplined, and impulsive. He wants to run the government like his business where the guy in the biggest corner office barks and everyone comes running. The problem is, he is not the boss. He works for us now and more of the popular vote voted against him than for him. Common sense dictates that you come in a bit more humble and act presidential in order to start the work of the people. It is not in his DNA.

Yes dems obstruct him, but they are in the minority and they serve the PEOPLE who elected them who likely did not vote for Trump. That is how this works. Our founding fathers designed a systems of checks and balances. It is an adversarial system designed to resist the whims of a tyrannical madman. (think english royalty, not Trump, but go where you want to) If the Dems are obstructing Trump, they are better than most people think, because they are in the minority and have no political power right now. Think the GOP house and senate with the Obama White House.

In short. Impeachment is drastic and should not be used as a political tool. Speculate all you want, but I hate using the that term without even an investigation in place. Due process is a great thing. Let's let it run it's course.

Good post but expecting "common sense" in Washington DC in this day and age? Not happening......

CV Griz Fan said:
grizatwork said:

Good post but expecting "common sense" in Washington DC in this day and age? Not happening......

Which is the general reason I don't talk politics with anyone. True believers act out of emotions and no argument and reasoning is going to change that. People seek out "news" sources to verify what they already believe, not to enlighten or enrich their knowledge base. Fake news comes from the right and the left. I don't even tell my wife how I vote.

EverettGriz said:
Glendivegriz said:
EverettGriz said:
Glendivegriz said:

First two question, and not trying to be a dick because I really do not know the answer: he's the CIA Director; to whom does he report? And if it's to Sessions, is it not possible that he did just that, and that that led to his firing?

And also, it would seem to me that if the code is written as you suggest, law enforcement is in violation of this code on a near constant basis. How often do you hear of stories where law enforcement knew crimes were committed (in some cases even witnessed them), but took no action while they fully investigated, or tried to capture "bigger fish". I don't pretend to understand the role of the CIA Director, but it seems obvious to me that they often don't rush immediately out with the handcuffs during an investigation, even if they're 100% confident that a crime was committed until they know the complete story. I agree he had an obligation to investigate after hearing the alleged statements, but I don't believe his legal responsibilities go deeper than that.

Comey was Director of FBI not CIA. He reports to the Attorney General. Sessions is recused so he would report to Rosenstein. If the Director had knowledge of the President committing a crime, it would be kind of huge. Yes, he would report immediately. However, you are ignoring the fact of his testimony under oath of no influence. Furthermore, there is testimony of Rosenstein and underlings at FBI that say no influence. Nothing here then.
Now, we have Diane Feinstein telling Wolf Blitzer yesterday that she is unaware of any collusion and nothing has been presented. Ironically, Maxine Watters has also stated there is no evidence she is aware of even though she keeps yelling Impeachment. So we have a special counsel based on unnamed sources in newspaper articles that fail to even verify a second source. Huge waste of money and energy at this point.
Finally, Comey did lay out a prima facie case against HRC and then pulled back. He also said no prosecution which is not his call. It was Lynch's. He also gave testimony that Lynch was compromised in the HRC investigation but did not ask for her recusal. Finally, he has testified that Lynch pressured him and he apparently abided by the pressure not to push forward. This was obstruction of justice by his own admission. So we do know crimes have been committed and Obstruction, just not by Trump at this point. This isn't opinion but facts. Mueller has a broad brush. This very well may blow up in the Democrats face.

So, Glendive ... wouldn't it be easier to start facing facts now, and let yourself down easy? Your hopes for a blowback destroying the Democrats is most poignant, and I sense a dangerous fragility in your mentality which may yet take you from us before your time.

Fat Bruno said:
So, Glendive ... wouldn't it be easier to start facing facts now, and let yourself down easy? Your hopes for a blowback destroying the Democrats is most poignant, and I sense a dangerous fragility in your mentality which may yet take you from us before your time.

I think Tucker/Hannity might be in the same "mental state"....

Look like the Trumperhhoids bin demorolize. Meanwhile, even Fox is circling the toilet and Melania has joined the resistance in her own cruel way.

Fat Bruno said:
Look like the Trumperhhoids bin demorolize. Meanwhile, even Fox is circling the toilet and Melania has joined the resistance in her own cruel way.

giphy.gif

Eastern European women don't play. No Ticky, No Laundry (read: pussy).

Today, in the Trump Follies, we have our protagonist blurting out sensitive information to his fellow monster, Pres. Duterte, regarding the deployment of nuclear subs, “the best in the world,” near N. Korea. He temporarily confused his auditors by referring to Kim as “a madman with nuclear weapons.” Several of the dignitaries thought for a moment that he must be referring to himself.

Back