• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is #37 cursed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
get'em_griz said:
m79sb.jpg
+1

grizband said:
Big G said:
Why is it dumb? Name one other number that has had that many injuries the last few years, something is going on here and you need to pull your head out of the sand amigo. There is a reason all the 37 players are getting hurt and saying anything less is pure poppycock plain and simple.
What exactly do you believe is happening? Couldn't this just be a string of bad luck? I'm sure other numbers have also seen players injured over the past fifteen years.

I would like to see a list of numbers with more injuries than the 37 number, I don't think you can do it because there is something going on with 37

Griz2k said:
BWahlberg said:
Big G said:
Why are almost all the players who wear the 37 jersey getting hurt? Pitcher, Utterbeck, Bender, Tripp, Kidder all are hurt. Maybe that is why Beerman never got the number he wanted to have an NFL career?

Ok I'll attempt a serious response:

Pitcher hurt his shoulder in the offseason but played I believe

Injury to Utterback? Don't recall one.

Bender was targeted by a head hunting Weber who was out for blood

Tripp was never hurt

Kidder will be back soon

Also Wagenmann, Featherston, Petek, Crebo, Ericson, Hauck, and Paulson had no serious injuries that I recall.

So as it being "cursed" so far just 1 player, Carson Bender, has had a significant injury in it that ended his career. 1 in 12 players.

Tl:Dr - it's not cursed

I thought Utterback had a foot injury or something, no? Regardless, I'm not defending big g in any way shape or form.

A search through the forum pointed out Utterback was 1st team all conference his senior year. His brother was on the team too, maybe it was him who had the injury.

Big G said:
grizband said:
Big G said:
Why is it dumb? Name one other number that has had that many injuries the last few years, something is going on here and you need to pull your head out of the sand amigo. There is a reason all the 37 players are getting hurt and saying anything less is pure poppycock plain and simple.
What exactly do you believe is happening? Couldn't this just be a string of bad luck? I'm sure other numbers have also seen players injured over the past fifteen years.

I would like to see a list of numbers with more injuries than the 37 number, I don't think you can do it because there is something going on with 37
Go back and read Brints post, he already refuted this claim.

BWahlberg said:
Griz2k said:
BWahlberg said:
Big G said:
Why are almost all the players who wear the 37 jersey getting hurt? Pitcher, Utterbeck, Bender, Tripp, Kidder all are hurt. Maybe that is why Beerman never got the number he wanted to have an NFL career?

Ok I'll attempt a serious response:

Pitcher hurt his shoulder in the offseason but played I believe

Injury to Utterback? Don't recall one.

Bender was targeted by a head hunting Weber who was out for blood

Tripp was never hurt

Kidder will be back soon

Also Wagenmann, Featherston, Petek, Crebo, Ericson, Hauck, and Paulson had no serious injuries that I recall.

So as it being "cursed" so far just 1 player, Carson Bender, has had a significant injury in it that ended his career. 1 in 12 players.

Tl:Dr - it's not cursed

I thought Utterback had a foot injury or something, no? Regardless, I'm not defending big g in any way shape or form.

A search through the forum pointed out Utterback was 1st team all conference his senior year. His brother was on the team too, maybe it was him who had the injury.

Utterback broke his foot and missed significant time.

You guys are just being jerks, the jerk store called they are out of you! A lot of players get hurt wearing the 37 jersey maybe its time to retire it and save some injures that may affect the rest of these kids lives.

Big G: "Is Bob Stitt a Bison and Cal Poly fan? He wears a green hat and those are the colors of those teams!!"

:roll:

It's really simple. The #37 is the only number significant enough on this team to remember who wears it and when, therefore it's easy to list names of those players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back