• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

its almost unfair

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
The Cats will have the best tight end in the FCS in Beau Sandland 6' 6" 260lb transfer from U of Miami. Was one of the top FBS tight end recruits in the country his senior year in HS in California. The guy is a freak. Big and fast.

The best tight end in the FCS who hasn't played a down of FCS football yet....wow impressive. He must be a lot like Garrett Marino, who was also the best defensive end to ever play for the Cats and play FCS football, too. That one worked out very well for you. The circle jerk you guys had around that guy was priceless. What did he end up with...one tackle? Don't make such idiotic statememts when this guy hasn't played a down of FCS football.

No not FCS but played a lot of downs of FBS football at Univ. of Miami. He is a good student and has already been enrolled and with the team for a two semesters now. Everyone knew that Marino was a gamble academic wise. He wasn't talent wise. Sandland is an entirely different story.

So why did he leave Miami?

#######################---DRUGS ----------------------------------

EXCUSE 2 ---------------------TO HOT ----------

Umista said:

He is from California. Did not like Miami. He was playing behind another guy. His parents have a house in Montana. He loves it our here and decided to transfer. No problems in his past. Good student and has been on the team since last fall. Hard worker in the weight room. Colter Nuanez is the one that said he will be the best tight end in the FCS.

Before I buy into the Cats being a contender, I need to see they have no worse than an average defense (ditto most of the BSC for that).

I am glad Cat fans are optimistic. I just don't get why it is alright for GRIZ fans to be optimistic, yet Cat fans can't be? The more optimistic they are, the funner it is to beat them next season. By all means, encourage the optimism.

Htowngriz said:
IroneagleXP said:
Bjorn...i said I don't think it's an issue to talk about other teams on your own forum. ..i just find it interesting that the Cats are a regular topic here yet so many grizz fans profess that the Cats are envious and preoccupied with the grizz, yet the cat forum lacks any topics related to grizz football.

Really?

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35492" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35645" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35643" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good point. Since its inception, Wombat Nation has been obsessed about the Griz, and it gets worse with each passing year. That's a good example of the fact that they deny it, even as it occurs. That's called "denial" right?

It is now at the level of a pathology that it is fascinating to read the highs and lows, the swoons and the retributions over there, "about the Griz." The really annoying thing is, at the start of each season, there is a bizarre but inevitable elevation of season prospects into "this will be THE year," based usually on goat entrails, accompanied by chest thumping of a kind that characterizes large primates normally otherwise inarticulate.

Egriz has its share, but always tempered by what generally appears to be a more analytical viewpoint that just is not seen among the Wombat tribe.

bigsky33 said:
Umista said:

He is from California. Did not like Miami. He was playing behind another guy. His parents have a house in Montana. He loves it our here and decided to transfer. No problems in his past. Good student and has been on the team since last fall. Hard worker in the weight room. Colter Nuanez is the one that said he will be the best tight end in the FCS.

Probably a nice player. But I'm not ready to anoint a guy with 9 career catches, who never got beyond third on Miami's depth chart after transferring from a JC as the Next Coming of Tony Gonzales.

Oh, and he was a non-qualifier out of HS, so evidently he won't be building any rockets soon.

Htowngriz said:
IroneagleXP said:
Bjorn...i said I don't think it's an issue to talk about other teams on your own forum. ..i just find it interesting that the Cats are a regular topic here yet so many grizz fans profess that the Cats are envious and preoccupied with the grizz, yet the cat forum lacks any topics related to grizz football.

Really?

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35492" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35645" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35643" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully the Great "What win against the Griz is the greatest upset in history" thread they have going on over there....but of course, its completely non griz related.

Sandland...sounds like Sandman...Sandman is a childrens bed time fairytale...the Bobcats hopes of winning a championship is a fairytale...we have come full circle...and it alllll makes sense now. When does Mother Ash Goose lay his golden egg? Hopefully hes getting ready for the annual paying of the Pied Griz Piper!

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Sandland...sounds like Sandman...Sandman is a childrens bed time fairytale...the Bobcats hopes of winning a championship is a fairytale...we have come full circle...and it alllll makes sense now. When does Mother Ash Goose lay his golden egg? Hopefully hes getting ready for the annual paying of the Pied Griz Piper!

I have sincerely enjoyed watching Mother Ash Goose laying eggs for years now...

go96griz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I have sincerely enjoyed watching Mother Ash Goose laying eggs for years now...

I think it may be time that Mother Ash Goose be replaced by the Old Woman who lives in a shoe....I heard their new 5 star recruit Rumplestiltskin is going to take them to 4 titles starting this year tho.....hes all about commitment...just don't make him tell you his real name!

I don't think anyone has a clue on how he will do next year, but when their isn't any "real" football for months, it is always fun to think of what could be. As a K.C. Royals, Detroit Lions, Sacramento Kings, Phoenix Coyotes, MSU Bobcats fan....that is all I normally have. The kid does look like a beast, but I look like a tough guy, and I cry like a bitch all the time.

SACCAT66 said:
I don't think anyone has a clue on how he will do next year, but when their isn't any "real" football for months, it is always fun to think of what could be. As a K.C. Royals, Detroit Lions, Sacramento Kings, Phoenix Coyotes, MSU Bobcats fan....that is all I normally have. The kid does look like a beast, but I look like a tough guy, and I cry like a bitch all the time.

Holy hell man...how do you even stomach wathing sports anymore with those teams..haha...but hey KC gave you a ride last year.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:

Holy hell man...how do you even stomach wathing sports anymore with those teams..haha...but hey KC gave you a ride last year.

At least nobody can honestly call him a bandwagon fan. I feel the pain though. I am a Philadelphia Eagles fan.

bigsky33 said:
G-BEARS said:
bigsky33 said:
The Cats will have the best tight end in the FCS in Beau Sandland 6' 6" 260lb transfer from U of Miami. Was one of the top FBS tight end recruits in the country his senior year in HS in California. The guy is a freak. Big and fast.

I remember hearing the same things about that Texas safety transfer you guys had that never amounted to anything... I'll believe it when I see it.

If you were at the Cats first scrimmage on Saturday, you would have seen him in action. He is dominant. Looks like a wide receiver running routes. Your average size DB is going to have a hard time tackling this guy. He has been with the team since last fall.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBgu7GtFhGY[/youtube]

mtgrizrule said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:

At least nobody can honestly call him a bandwagon fan. I feel the pain though. I am a Philadelphia Eagles fan.

Funny story...I went on a "VIP" tour of the Royals stadium in 2008 (my aunt works in the front office) and at the end of the tour, they give you a gift bag with a bunch of swag in it. We got a 2006 opening day program, a bobble head of a guy that got traded 3 years earlier, and a Kansas City Chiefs hat.

AllWeatherFan said:
Props to LTCF for having a sense of humor.

24c5e6b88e24f51352cc7c0e33e5ab8a.jpg

Back