• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jensen

You've got NOTHING. Trying to change the subject. :roll: Others accomplishments are meaningless in this discussion, family or otherwise.
At least, you got an opportunity to recite your real accomplishments, again. Like you, I have no college football coaching or hiring experience. I have never played the game. ;) I will now leave you ALONE. :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
You know, I don't remember a whole lot of tears the last time TR left UM . . .

some disdain, but his current biggest supporters retracted their previous comments, or at least tried to do so. i got a really nice condo located in a great spot underneath the orange street bridge for sale. interested(bqm)

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
Almost 20 coaches in my wife's and my family.Three relatives who played for the Griz, including my dad. I played football through college. Had many good coaches. Played for a top 20 D-I team.
Have 3 kids who played college sports, including 1 in football. Nephews played football at UW, U of San Diego, Dartmouth, Air Force Academy (still there), UM, Western. Wife's family, at her level, had 1 cousin play for Griz, and 3 for Carroll. 2d cousin played for U of Minn. Another 2d played for Western Oregon.

We've met a lot of coaches along the way. Saw our familys' coaches get hired and fired. Have one athletic/football stadium in MT named after my father-in-law. A number of family coaches the MT athletic hall of fame.

As I said recently, I have gotten to know all of the UM head coaches since Dennehy. BH and MD will be at my annual party this week, along with multiple assistants.

What's you got with respect to football or coaching experience or credentials? Can't wait for your response.

As for Jensen, the stuff I've posted is 100% correct, part of which was from the inside. How about yours. I know you have a big mouth, but do you have any information or game?

It took all of that to say that you have no college coaching and hiring credentials?

You can't see the experience in hiring in that? Hum, there's a lot there. What you got in terms of hiring, or coaching? Anything?

Okay, let's hear your credentials on college football and UM football. Same with the idiot Statler. Got anything? Or just bags of hot air?

What I read is that you have several relatives with coaching and/or hiring credentials. None of that means you have such. We all know that you played college football, but that was not the question.

The original question was directed at poorgriz. The question has now involved to what does Statler know about football, and what's his knowledge of Griz football? You have more than he does. What's yours?

It's interesting how willing some of you are to support Cat trolls.

HelenaHandBasket said:
sdk.catfish said:
Unread post by Proud Griz Man » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:55 pm

Q - after Stitt was gone, did it matter who the OC was ?
Was Jensen going to work hard for any other OC?

Yes. But not TR after a several incidents that gave him an indication that this was not a good situation for him to be in. Just watch TR's offense later next season after teams get film. Predictable and that will result in more turnovers that we all will not like to see. Jensen - smart kid, smart decision getting out. We can move on until it potentially bites the program in the ass for the next 3 years. If that turns out to be the case I'm sure it will be revisited.

But I am sure he would have stuck it out in Stitt's predictable offense. And you want to talk about turnovers, just watch GJ play against any average to good team last season.

Exactly. Stitt's offense, just like Leach's offense at WSU, can make any QB look ALL-World! So many passes behind the LOS, or short throws designed to gain 3-4 yards as a substitute for a running play. Lots of big passing numbers, but not really defining the prowess of the QB. Jensen was not the savior that so many think he was.

Look, we all know that Bobby Hauck is very good at evaluating talent, and that he loves winning more than anything. Does anyone really think that Hauck would allow a real stud QB to leave the program without getting a fair shake to be the starter? So many comments in this thread suggest that Bobby must have a man-crush on Sneed, just because he recruited him at UNLV. That is total B.S. We have never seen Bobby play favorites or just grant starting status to a player without competing for a starting job. In fact, perhaps to-a-fault, Hauck opens up each position for grabs every season, no matter how good the returning player is from the previous season.

Jensen just was not willing to bust his ass to win the starting job, so he took his ball and went home. Simple as that, and frankly not a huge loss in my opinion.

I appreciate and respect your response Sdk. Some of the feedback trickling out recently indicates that Gresch Jensen didn't really dedicate himself to the new coaching staff and the 2018 improvement process. Your input yields a different perspective.
The Gresch Jensen that I watched in 2017 had shown periodic potential for future greatness, but he had several things to improve on. The early 2017 success (EWU, PSU, ISU) was throwing the long passes and Griz receivers winning the 50/50 match-up situations. It looked like the 2017 opposing teams changed schemes to take that long pass away in October & November. Gresch threw a nice long ball, but was not fully-effective with his short and mid-range passing. Too many 3-and-outs, and too many forced passes towards well-covered receivers. Those are signs of a young and inexperienced redshirt-Freshman quarterback who could learn (Rosenbach has experience and knowledge, played big-time NFL and big-time college and was 7th in Heisman voting) if he was coachable. Just my two cents worth.

sdk.catfish said:
Unread post by Proud Griz Man » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:55 pm

Q - after Stitt was gone, did it matter who the OC was ?
Was Jensen going to work hard for any other OC?

Yes. But not TR after a several incidents that gave him an indication that this was not a good situation for him to be in. Just watch TR's offense later next season after teams get film. Predictable and that will result in more turnovers that we all will not like to see. Jensen - smart kid, smart decision getting out. We can move on until it potentially bites the program in the ass for the next 3 years. If that turns out to be the case I'm sure it will be revisited.

4theluvofgriz said:
Exactly. Stitt's offense, just like Leach's offense at WSU, can make any QB look ALL-World! So many passes behind the LOS, or short throws designed to gain 3-4 yards as a substitute for a running play. Lots of big passing numbers, but not really defining the prowess of the QB. Jensen was not the savior that so many think he was.

Look, we all know that Bobby Hauck is very good at evaluating talent, and that he loves winning more than anything. Does anyone really think that Hauck would allow a real stud QB to leave the program without getting a fair shake to be the starter? So many comments in this thread suggest that Bobby must have a man-crush on Sneed, just because he recruited him at UNLV. That is total B.S. We have never seen Bobby play favorites or just grant starting status to a player without competing for a starting job. In fact, perhaps to-a-fault, Hauck opens up each position for grabs every season, no matter how good the returning player is from the previous season.

Jensen just was not willing to bust his ass to win the starting job, so he took his ball and went home. Simple as that, and frankly not a huge loss in my opinion.

I agree with much of what you say, but, in terms of talent and potential, my view is that Jensen had more of that than you seem to give him credit for. Nevertheless, if his head wasn't into it, for whatever reason (i.e., bad attitude, not willing to compete for job, or was getting screwed by the coaches), then I agree that his departure is not as significant.

As I said before, BH opened up the position competition when he first came to UM, and that really irked a lot of players. Haven't heard that he went that far this time, but don't know.

I like the new JC QB. He seems to have talent and is willing to compete. This will be good for the team, in terms of the competition and the depth. While I don't know why this QB didn't have more offers, I wonder if he can give Sneed a run for his money.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
It took all of that to say that you have no college coaching and hiring credentials?

You can't see the experience in hiring in that? Hum, there's a lot there. What you got in terms of hiring, or coaching? Anything?

Okay, let's hear your credentials on college football and UM football. Same with the idiot Statler. Got anything? Or just bags of hot air?

What I read is that you have several relatives with coaching and/or hiring credentials. None of that means you have such. We all know that you played college football, but that was not the question.

The original question was directed at poorgriz. The question has now involved to what does Statler know about football, and what's his knowledge of Griz football? You have more than he does. What's yours?

I don't know that it's people so much supporting Cat posters, it's more they're tired of your arrogance and constant talking down to anyone that doesn't share your exact point of view.
Sure you have some support and bring some knowledge to the discussion(at times). But you have just as many people that don't agree and are tired of hearing how much better you think you are than everyone else.

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

I don't know that it's people so much supporting Cat posters, it's more they're tired of your arrogance and constant talking down to anyone that doesn't share your exact point of view.
Sure you have some support and bring some knowledge to the discussion(at times). But you have just as many people that don't agree and are tired of hearing how much better you think you are than everyone else.

It seems that PR is saying that it is better who you know than what you know.

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

How I post has nothing to do with whether I agree with posters, or vice versa. If I "talk down" to someone, it's because they are trolls, jerks, have come after me, and/or I have no respect for them. You are on that list. I don't think I'm better than anyone else, but I know I know a lot more about football than people like you, and know much more about UM football. I also find it interesting that when I point out how wrong or dumb some posts are, that people like get hurt/stung and make posts like you just did.

Why don't you bring some meaningful to the board? Your crap and snipping just mucks up the board.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

It seems that PR is saying that it is better who you know than what you know.

No, it is what you know. And, if you happen to know certain people, like coaches, former players, families, etc., you will know a lot more.

Still waiting for your football knowledge and posting credentials. You must have some.

PlayerRep said:
statler & waldorf said:
PlayerRep said:
What are your college coaching and hiring credentials? Just curious about your level of expertise and knowledge in that regard.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, what are YOUR college coaching and hiring credentials, PR? Just curious about your level of expertise and knowledge in that regard. And, what does it have to do with the topic, Jensen? Tell us all about it. :roll: :grenade:

Almost 20 coaches in my wife's and my family.Three relatives who played for the Griz, including my dad. I played football through college. Had many good coaches. Played for a top 20 D-I team.
Have 3 kids who played college sports, including 1 in football. Nephews played football at UW, U of San Diego, Dartmouth, Air Force Academy (still there), UM, Western. Wife's family, at her level, had 1 cousin play for Griz, and 3 for Carroll. 2d cousin played for U of Minn. Another 2d played for Western Oregon.

We've met a lot of coaches along the way. Saw our familys' coaches get hired and fired. Have one athletic/football stadium in MT named after my father-in-law. A number of family coaches the MT athletic hall of fame.

As I said recently, I have gotten to know all of the UM head coaches since Dennehy. BH and MD will be at my annual party this week, along with multiple assistants.

What's you got with respect to football or coaching experience or credentials? Can't wait for your response.

As for Jensen, the stuff I've posted is 100% correct, part of which was from the inside. How about yours. I know you have a big mouth, but do you have any information or game?

None of them played for MSU? Cmon man!!!

4theluvofgriz said:

No of us, including you, will never know that. What’s with all the Jensen bashing anyways? Is BH paying you to post? You seem to Forget that Jensen was a freshman. Most freshmen don’t perform as well as he did. Did he perform perfectly? No, he was a FRESHMAN. But to sit there and say he wasn’t/isn’t a good QB or that he wouldn’t improve as he gets older/more experienced is laughable at best and only shows you’d drop to your knees and praise BH, no matter what he says or does, and chop down anyone who doesn’t fit that narrative.

Fahque said:
4theluvofgriz said:

No of us, including you, will never know that. What’s with all the Jensen bashing anyways? Is BH paying you to post? You seem to Forget that Jensen was a freshman. Most freshmen don’t perform as well as he did. Did he perform perfectly? No, he was a FRESHMAN. But to sit there and say he wasn’t/isn’t a good QB or that he wouldn’t improve as he gets older/more experienced is laughable at best and only shows you’d drop to your knees and praise BH, no matter what he says or does, and chop down anyone who doesn’t fit that narrative.

Blah Blah blah. Cut the drama. Bobby Hauck is a proven winner at UM over 7 years. I have feeling that he knows a lot more about evaluating a QB than you do. Have you played the game? Have you coached the game? I have, and Jensen was not that good. Hell, he wasn't even good enough to beat out Phillips for the starting job last season, But if he impressed you, don't let me piss in your Cheerios.

PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:

I agree with much of what you say, but, in terms of talent and potential, my view is that Jensen had more of that than you seem to give him credit for. Nevertheless, if his head wasn't into it, for whatever reason (i.e., bad attitude, not willing to compete for job, or was getting screwed by the coaches), then I agree that his departure is not as significant.

As I said before, BH opened up the position competition when he first came to UM, and that really irked a lot of players. Haven't heard that he went that far this time, but don't know.

I like the new JC QB. He seems to have talent and is willing to compete. This will be good for the team, in terms of the competition and the depth. While I don't know why this QB didn't have more offers, I wonder if he can give Sneed a run for his money.

You are correct in saying that Bobby opened up every position to competition in his first go-around as coach here. I remember chatting with Tim Bush (God rest his soul) after several fall practices under Hauck. Tim had been an All-Conference D-end the year before, and it irked him that he had to win the starting job the next year. But, like the warrior that Tim was, he manned-up and busted his butt to win the starting job. Jensen needed to do the same, but some don't have the character to face and overcome adversity.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZDoc said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
OK, lets:

Savannah State: 11/15, 3 TD, 1 INT, 1 rushing TD
EWU: 25/49 2TD, 1 INT, 9 rushes for 45 yards net and 1 TD
PSU: 23/38 1 TD, 2 INT
ISU: 23/35 4 TD, 0 INT, 10 rushes for 23 yards & TD
UND: 22/35 3 TD, 2 INT, 6 rushes for 36 yards & a TD
WSU: 21/42 3 TD, 3 INT, 12 rushes for 33 yards & a TD
UNC: 17/25 3TD, 0 INT, 3 rushes, 30 yards & a TD
MSU: 30/49 1 TD, 1 INT, 5 rushes for 35 yards

He had exactly ONE game with more turnovers than TD’s...and that game was a win. You may be glad he left, but there’s no need to make up shit about his performance while on the field.
That is the sum total of his

Go back and watch the games, that will tell you much more than just the numbers. The situational football tells more of the story. I am also not sure why I would be glad, my point is, he was not as good as many are making him out.

He was a freshman with exactly that many passes in his career...good grief

You're right, he was the savior of Griz football. Heaven forbid someone might think he was decent QB, but not a QB that was irreplaceable.

Listen I agree with the last part...everyone is replaceable. Just seemed like your posts were a bit more harsh than that, hence my comment. If that’s not the case, I apologize. I think he’s a better player than many, including on the current roster. But it is what it is, and we move on

4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:

You are correct in saying that Bobby opened up every position to competition in his first go-around as coach here. I remember chatting with Tim Bush (God rest his soul) after several fall practices under Hauck. Tim had been an All-Conference D-end the year before, and it irked him that he had to win the starting job the next year. But, like the warrior that Tim was, he manned-up and busted his butt to win the starting job. Jensen needed to do the same, but some don't have the character to face and overcome adversity.

Cory Proctor was in the same boat. Worked out OK for him...

Back