• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jensen

One sided info. Coming from coaching staff is one-sided assessment only. Players know who had an attitude problem and it wasn't the players!

Grandma Griz said:
One sided info. Coming from coaching staff is one-sided assessment only. Players know who had an attitude problem and it wasn't the players!

I know you will ignore this post, but I know a couple players that might not agree with your assessment.

PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:
Exactly. Stitt's offense, just like Leach's offense at WSU, can make any QB look ALL-World! So many passes behind the LOS, or short throws designed to gain 3-4 yards as a substitute for a running play. Lots of big passing numbers, but not really defining the prowess of the QB. Jensen was not the savior that so many think he was.

Look, we all know that Bobby Hauck is very good at evaluating talent, and that he loves winning more than anything. Does anyone really think that Hauck would allow a real stud QB to leave the program without getting a fair shake to be the starter? So many comments in this thread suggest that Bobby must have a man-crush on Sneed, just because he recruited him at UNLV. That is total B.S. We have never seen Bobby play favorites or just grant starting status to a player without competing for a starting job. In fact, perhaps to-a-fault, Hauck opens up each position for grabs every season, no matter how good the returning player is from the previous season.

Jensen just was not willing to bust his ass to win the starting job, so he took his ball and went home. Simple as that, and frankly not a huge loss in my opinion.

I agree with much of what you say, but, in terms of talent and potential, my view is that Jensen had more of that than you seem to give him credit for. Nevertheless, if his head wasn't into it, for whatever reason (i.e., bad attitude, not willing to compete for job, or was getting screwed by the coaches), then I agree that his departure is not as significant.

As I said before, BH opened up the position competition when he first came to UM, and that really irked a lot of players. Haven't heard that he went that far this time, but don't know.

I like the new JC QB. He seems to have talent and is willing to compete. This will be good for the team, in terms of the competition and the depth. While I don't know why this QB didn't have more offers, I wonder if he can give Sneed a run for his money.

I agree with all of this...Jensen’s issue was less his performance last year as a RS Frosh and more the way he approached the coaching change and his place on the team....I believe we’re better at QB now than we were at this time last year, so not that worried (anymore) that he’s gone.

Why are some making such a big deal of this? It is very common for there to be defections, on both sides of the ball, when there is a coaching change. For those blaming the staff, or Hauck, I have to trust his opinion and belief in Sneed. Hauck and our coaches surely know what they want in their qb.

As for Jensen, sometimes a player just doesn't feel it, or for the 1st time becomes uncomfortable with a coach, staff, and/or situation. I am sure, most of us have encountered something similar with a new employee, new boss, and/or new way of doing business. Sometimes you moved onto something new. Other times, you may have stuck it out, and everything turned out just fine.

Chances are likely, Jensen, Hauck, and the staff discussed everything in detail. After the discussion, Jensen decided it would be best to find a more comfortable situation for himself. I doubt if Hauck, the staff, or most teammates have bad feelings toward Jensen. I wish him the best, wherever he finds for his new football and schooling home. I pray, he doesn't comeback to haunt us at another Big Sky school, NDSU, or playoff rivals. I certainly believe, he is talented enough to do just that.

Good luck Gresch, wherever you end up.

mtgrizrule said:
Why are some making such a big deal of this?

people are commenting about this issue because this message board is a forum for commenting about griz football. a "big deal" is in the mind of the beholder.

As some are saying we think that Jensen was a savior. I don’t think so. Yes I am the one that started this thread. He was a freshman that played very well. But you could also see his lack of experience. He has the potential to grow into a great qb. And it would be nice to see what he does in the future.
As far as his leaving the program, let’s chalk it up as it is what it is. Nobody knows the true reason for leaving but him. If he got pushed out that’s on him. He could have turned his emotions into motivation to say fuck it I’ll show them what I am capable of.
If he didn’t mesh with the new staff there is not much anyone can do. You can not force things like that. It’s like working for a company that sells out and new management rolls in there will be turn over.
With that said it’s a new year for griz football. There are going to be struggles and hiccups and set backs. It’s going to be up to players and how they respond. It’s almost time to let the players play and coaches adjust the x and o of the game.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:
Exactly. Stitt's offense, just like Leach's offense at WSU, can make any QB look ALL-World! So many passes behind the LOS, or short throws designed to gain 3-4 yards as a substitute for a running play. Lots of big passing numbers, but not really defining the prowess of the QB. Jensen was not the savior that so many think he was.

Look, we all know that Bobby Hauck is very good at evaluating talent, and that he loves winning more than anything. Does anyone really think that Hauck would allow a real stud QB to leave the program without getting a fair shake to be the starter? So many comments in this thread suggest that Bobby must have a man-crush on Sneed, just because he recruited him at UNLV. That is total B.S. We have never seen Bobby play favorites or just grant starting status to a player without competing for a starting job. In fact, perhaps to-a-fault, Hauck opens up each position for grabs every season, no matter how good the returning player is from the previous season.

Jensen just was not willing to bust his ass to win the starting job, so he took his ball and went home. Simple as that, and frankly not a huge loss in my opinion.

I agree with much of what you say, but, in terms of talent and potential, my view is that Jensen had more of that than you seem to give him credit for. Nevertheless, if his head wasn't into it, for whatever reason (i.e., bad attitude, not willing to compete for job, or was getting screwed by the coaches), then I agree that his departure is not as significant.

As I said before, BH opened up the position competition when he first came to UM, and that really irked a lot of players. Haven't heard that he went that far this time, but don't know.

I like the new JC QB. He seems to have talent and is willing to compete. This will be good for the team, in terms of the competition and the depth. While I don't know why this QB didn't have more offers, I wonder if he can give Sneed a run for his money.

I agree with all of this...Jensen’s issue was less his performance last year as a RS Frosh and more the way he approached the coaching change and his place on the team....I believe we’re better at QB now than we were at this time last year, so not that worried (anymore) that he’s gone.
This. Humphrey has eased my mind about this issue almost completely. Either guy could end up starting, and they both look really good. It sucks we had to lose Gresch, but it’s sounding more and more like he did it to himself. About time we stopped bashing the dude and just move on.

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:

This. Humphrey has eased my mind about this issue almost completely. Either guy could end up starting, and they both look really good. It sucks we had to lose Gresch, but it’s sounding more and more like he did it to himself. About time we stopped bashing the dude and just move on.
Jensen was a good Griz QB who made Stitt look good. He is gone and we wish him the best. As for the Griz, we are two deep with talented athletes at the position.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
The original question was directed at poorgriz. The question has now involved to what does Statler know about football, and what's his knowledge of Griz football? You have more than he does. What's yours?

It's interesting how willing some of you are to support Cat trolls.

I don't know that it's people so much supporting Cat posters, it's more they're tired of your arrogance and constant talking down to anyone that doesn't share your exact point of view.
Sure you have some support and bring some knowledge to the discussion(at times). But you have just as many people that don't agree and are tired of hearing how much better you think you are than everyone else.

It seems that PR is saying that it is better who you know than what you know.

No, it is what you know. And, if you happen to know certain people, like coaches, former players, families, etc., you will know a lot more.

Still waiting for your football knowledge and posting credentials. You must have some.

Because, playing football 40 years ago defines credentials.

Spanky2 said:
uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Jensen was a good Griz QB who made Stitt look good. He is gone and we wish him the best. As for the Griz, we are two deep with talented athletes at the position.

Spanky....he hasn't left yet! I believe he is still enrolled at UM. I also don't believe anyone knows what he is going to do, it is all speculation. All these pages on speculation, amazing!

reinell30 said:
Spanky2 said:
uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Spanky....he hasn't left yet! I believe he is still enrolled at UM. I also don't believe anyone knows what he is going to do, it is all speculation. All these pages on speculation, amazing!

We all know he is gone. But he is still listed in gogriz roster.

So sometimes things lack in updates

Igotgoodsources said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Catsrgrood said:
I don't know that it's people so much supporting Cat posters, it's more they're tired of your arrogance and constant talking down to anyone that doesn't share your exact point of view.
Sure you have some support and bring some knowledge to the discussion(at times). But you have just as many people that don't agree and are tired of hearing how much better you think you are than everyone else.

It seems that PR is saying that it is better who you know than what you know.

No, it is what you know. And, if you happen to know certain people, like coaches, former players, families, etc., you will know a lot more.

Still waiting for your football knowledge and posting credentials. You must have some.

Because, playing football 40 years ago defines credentials.

Did HHH, or you, play football 40 years ago? Didn't know that. Recall that I am asking for the credentials, experience, knowledge of HHH. You understand that, right?

Paytonlives said:
reinell30 said:
Spanky2 said:
uofmman1122 said:

We all know he is gone. But he is still listed in gogriz roster.

So sometimes things lack in updates

Student directory too then. Still there.

signedbewildered said:
SaskGriz said:
signedbewildered said:
4theluvofgriz said:
Favoroso is a much bigger loss than Jensen.

Elaborate.

Isn't it obvious? Jensen 6-2 218, Favoroso 6-3 245, Favoroso is the bigger loss by an inch and almost 30 pounds.

Ganoung is still with us I hope. Talk about a big loss.

That kid is all in and has been for a while
0ef9c7cdcccd9c0da035e3d99bcd9f99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back