• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jensen

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:
Exactly. Stitt's offense, just like Leach's offense at WSU, can make any QB look ALL-World! So many passes behind the LOS, or short throws designed to gain 3-4 yards as a substitute for a running play. Lots of big passing numbers, but not really defining the prowess of the QB. Jensen was not the savior that so many think he was.

Look, we all know that Bobby Hauck is very good at evaluating talent, and that he loves winning more than anything. Does anyone really think that Hauck would allow a real stud QB to leave the program without getting a fair shake to be the starter? So many comments in this thread suggest that Bobby must have a man-crush on Sneed, just because he recruited him at UNLV. That is total B.S. We have never seen Bobby play favorites or just grant starting status to a player without competing for a starting job. In fact, perhaps to-a-fault, Hauck opens up each position for grabs every season, no matter how good the returning player is from the previous season.

Jensen just was not willing to bust his ass to win the starting job, so he took his ball and went home. Simple as that, and frankly not a huge loss in my opinion.

I agree with much of what you say, but, in terms of talent and potential, my view is that Jensen had more of that than you seem to give him credit for. Nevertheless, if his head wasn't into it, for whatever reason (i.e., bad attitude, not willing to compete for job, or was getting screwed by the coaches), then I agree that his departure is not as significant.

As I said before, BH opened up the position competition when he first came to UM, and that really irked a lot of players. Haven't heard that he went that far this time, but don't know.

I like the new JC QB. He seems to have talent and is willing to compete. This will be good for the team, in terms of the competition and the depth. While I don't know why this QB didn't have more offers, I wonder if he can give Sneed a run for his money.

I agree with all of this...Jensen’s issue was less his performance last year as a RS Frosh and more the way he approached the coaching change and his place on the team....I believe we’re better at QB now than we were at this time last year, so not that worried (anymore) that he’s gone.

That seems like a huge stretch considering how good Phillips was (I admitted at the time I was surprised at how good he was in the games before he got hurt), and then how good Jensen ended up showing as a Freshman. Two proven D1 QBs there. Your two transfers might prove to be just as good in the Big Sky but they haven't proven that yet.

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:
Exactly. Stitt's offense, just like Leach's offense at WSU, can make any QB look ALL-World! So many passes behind the LOS, or short throws designed to gain 3-4 yards as a substitute for a running play. Lots of big passing numbers, but not really defining the prowess of the QB. Jensen was not the savior that so many think he was.

Look, we all know that Bobby Hauck is very good at evaluating talent, and that he loves winning more than anything. Does anyone really think that Hauck would allow a real stud QB to leave the program without getting a fair shake to be the starter? So many comments in this thread suggest that Bobby must have a man-crush on Sneed, just because he recruited him at UNLV. That is total B.S. We have never seen Bobby play favorites or just grant starting status to a player without competing for a starting job. In fact, perhaps to-a-fault, Hauck opens up each position for grabs every season, no matter how good the returning player is from the previous season.

Jensen just was not willing to bust his ass to win the starting job, so he took his ball and went home. Simple as that, and frankly not a huge loss in my opinion.

I agree with much of what you say, but, in terms of talent and potential, my view is that Jensen had more of that than you seem to give him credit for. Nevertheless, if his head wasn't into it, for whatever reason (i.e., bad attitude, not willing to compete for job, or was getting screwed by the coaches), then I agree that his departure is not as significant.

As I said before, BH opened up the position competition when he first came to UM, and that really irked a lot of players. Haven't heard that he went that far this time, but don't know.

I like the new JC QB. He seems to have talent and is willing to compete. This will be good for the team, in terms of the competition and the depth. While I don't know why this QB didn't have more offers, I wonder if he can give Sneed a run for his money.

I agree with all of this...Jensen’s issue was less his performance last year as a RS Frosh and more the way he approached the coaching change and his place on the team....I believe we’re better at QB now than we were at this time last year, so not that worried (anymore) that he’s gone.

That seems like a huge stretch considering how good Phillips was (I admitted at the time I was surprised at how good he was in the games before he got hurt), and then how good Jensen ended up showing as a Freshman. Two proven D1 QBs there. Your two transfers might prove to be just as good in the Big Sky but they haven't proven that yet.

I agree.

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

I agree.

It's interesting how willing some of you are to agree with Cat trolls!

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

I agree.

He wasn't being a troll then. God knows, I've disagreed with PG plenty. My point has never been "agreeing" with Cat trolls; my comment has been about "supporting" Cat trolls. I assume you are able to see the difference. There are Griz trolls too, and sometimes you are in that category.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

I agree.

How is what poorgriz said trolling? Its pretty accurate. They could both be very good at this level and show huge potential...until they prove it we dont know.

signedbewildered said:
4theluvofgriz said:
Favoroso is a much bigger loss than Jensen.

Elaborate.

Certainly. Favoroso was much better at his position and much more critical to providing a pass rush than Jensen was to his position in moving our offense. The Jensen lovers were mesmerized by stupid stats like completion percentage and passing yardage by Jensen. But it was obvious that the system made him look much better than he was.

4theluvofgriz said:
signedbewildered said:
4theluvofgriz said:

Elaborate.

Certainly. Favoroso was much better at his position and much more critical to providing a pass rush than Jensen was to his position in moving our offense. The Jensen lovers were mesmerized by stupid stats like completion percentage and passing yardage by Jensen. But it was obvious that the system made him look much better than he was.

Jensen voted/selected 3rd best freshman in the nation. Favoroso, despite some good stats the last half of the season, doesn't even get an honorable mention by coaches in voting for all-conference teams.

Uh-huh...

4theluvofgriz said:
signedbewildered said:
4theluvofgriz said:

Elaborate.

I hate to say that you're going to eat a lot of crow concerning GJ's abilities but you certainly are.

4theluvofgriz said:
signedbewildered said:
4theluvofgriz said:

Elaborate.

This is just wrong. Favoroso was a loss no doubt, but Hauck recruited 2 DEs in this last class including, Brown and Mamula, who should be ready to play, and will be a beast, if he can stay healthy. And there are 4 other DEs listed on the roster.

And, although Stitt's offense padded QB stats, anyone with eyes could see, Jensen's success came more from his football mind and amazing ability to "spin it" than any system.

daGrizJ said:
4theluvofgriz said:
signedbewildered said:
4theluvofgriz said:

Elaborate.

This is just wrong. Favoroso was a loss no doubt, but Hauck recruited 2 DEs in this last class including, Brown and Mamula, who should be ready to play, and will be a beast, if he can stay healthy. And there are 4 other DEs listed on the roster.

And, although Stitt's offense padded QB stats, anyone with eyes could see, Jensen's success came more from his football mind and amazing ability to "spin it" than any system.

I liked Jensen, and thought he had a very nice season and the potential to become a very good QB. I never thought or noticed that he had an "amazing ability to spin it". I know some people thought he would start last year, but I sure didn't. I thought Phillips was considerably better. Not saying you are wrong; just saying I didn't see that.

PlayerRep said:
Igotgoodsources said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
It seems that PR is saying that it is better who you know than what you know.

No, it is what you know. And, if you happen to know certain people, like coaches, former players, families, etc., you will know a lot more.

Still waiting for your football knowledge and posting credentials. You must have some.

Because, playing football 40 years ago defines credentials.

Did HHH, or you, play football 40 years ago? Didn't know that. Recall that I am asking for the credentials, experience, knowledge of HHH. You understand that, right?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but your only experience, knowledge, or “credentials” is from playing 40 years ago right? Unless I am unaware of the 12 year head coaching gig you had along the way?

Igotgoodsources said:
PlayerRep said:
Igotgoodsources said:
PlayerRep said:
No, it is what you know. And, if you happen to know certain people, like coaches, former players, families, etc., you will know a lot more.

Still waiting for your football knowledge and posting credentials. You must have some.

Did HHH, or you, play football 40 years ago? Didn't know that. Recall that I am asking for the credentials, experience, knowledge of HHH. You understand that, right?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but your only experience, knowledge, or “credentials” is from playing 40 years ago right? Unless I am unaware of the 12 year head coaching gig you had along the way?

No, it's from following football closely longer than you have been alive. From having almost 20 coaches in mine and my wife's families. From knowing coaches, players, etc.,including Griz. From having about 25 family members (including my wife's who played college sports, mostly football. From being much smarter than trolls like yourself.

How does your experience and knowledge match up? What you got? Got any game? Or just a bigmouth troll?

PlayerRep said:
Igotgoodsources said:
PlayerRep said:
Igotgoodsources said:

No, it's from following football closely longer than you have been alive. From having almost 20 coaches in mine and my wife's families. From knowing coaches, players, etc.,including Griz. From having about 25 family members (including my wife's who played college sports, mostly football. From being much smarter than trolls like yourself.

How does your experience and knowledge match up? What you got? Got any game? Or just a bigmouth troll?
Exactly, you have nothing more than your playing days.

BWahlberg said:
4theluvofgriz said:
signedbewildered said:
4theluvofgriz said:

Elaborate.

Jensen voted/selected 3rd best freshman in the nation. Favoroso, despite some good stats the last half of the season, doesn't even get an honorable mention by coaches in voting for all-conference teams.

Uh-huh...

Jensen threw one of the finest deep balls I have ever seen at the college level. End of story!

Igotgoodsources said:
PlayerRep said:
Igotgoodsources said:
PlayerRep said:

Exactly, I have much more than my playing days, and you apparently have absolutely nothing.

No game. Just a big-mouth no-nothing, who is a frequent troll.

PlayerRep said:
Igotgoodsources said:
PlayerRep said:
Igotgoodsources said:

Exactly, I have much more than my playing days, and you apparently have absolutely nothing.

No game. Just a big-mouth no-nothing, who is a frequent troll.
Wrong, your family does and no matter how many times you use the word troll you still have no more than your playing days.

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:

I specifically said “at this time last year” for that very reason. While we ended up having TWO very good QB’s, At this time last year we knew none of that. Neither Phillips nor Jensen looked especially sharp in spring ball and there was some angst here and lots of people who thought Hill was the best option.

AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

I specifically said “at this time last year” for that very reason. While we ended up having TWO very good QB’s, At this time last year we knew none of that. Neither Phillips nor Jensen looked especially sharp in spring ball and there was some angst here and lots of people who thought Hill was the best option.

True Dat :thumb:

Back