• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ Trial

GrizMusician said:
Maybe some of you old farts can answer this... was this the most publicized trial in Montana history?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Henry Plummer and the Vigilantes have over a century of history.

OldtiredGRiz said:
There was no winner in this case. Two young lives have been changed forever and both have suffered immeasurable loss. The fallout from this storm, as we all know, is even much wider and affected many other lives. My heart goes out to Jane Doe; I truly hope she goes on to live a productive, successful and most importantly, happy and loving life. I think the verdict was not only fair and just, but also the only reasonable outcome. Each case in unique and in this particular case, I resolutely agree that no crime was committed. That being said, this is not over. Johnson still faces an oncoming train in many regards and I wish him strength, courage, happiness and love each and every day. I have no qualms about admitting that I am in tears and have been ever since the verdict was announced. I am happy that Jordan was acquitted, but my tears are not all tears of joy. There are many things about the whole situation (the emotional toll on Jane Doe, the U of M kangaroo court, outside influences, a huge expenditure of State/County resources, a huge emotional and financial toll on the Johnson family and the publicity that will follow this case for years, among other things) that just make me feel sad.

Best post of the day. So many mixed emotions.

EverettGriz said:
OldtiredGRiz said:
There was no winner in this case. Two young lives have been changed forever and both have suffered immeasurable loss. The fallout from this storm, as we all know, is even much wider and affected many other lives. My heart goes out to Jane Doe; I truly hope she goes on to live a productive, successful and most importantly, happy and loving life. I think the verdict was not only fair and just, but also the only reasonable outcome. Each case in unique and in this particular case, I resolutely agree that no crime was committed. That being said, this is not over. Johnson still faces an oncoming train in many regards and I wish him strength, courage, happiness and love each and every day. I have no qualms about admitting that I am in tears and have been ever since the verdict was announced. I am happy that Jordan was acquitted, but my tears are not all tears of joy. There are many things about the whole situation (the emotional toll on Jane Doe, the U of M kangaroo court, outside influences, a huge expenditure of State/County resources, a huge emotional and financial toll on the Johnson family and the publicity that will follow this case for years, among other things) that just make me feel sad.

Great post, OTG.

I, too, feel for the woman involved and hope her life is a great one. I have no ill will toward her.

I reserve that for a few other key players who I believed severely damaged two seemingly good people's lives. For that, there is little forgiveness.

These two posts sum up my thoughts. I am really relieved to see most of the post on this board after the verdict today are both supportive and sympathetic instead of negative and malicious. I was expecting a buch of name calling and negative posts on the accuser. Instead it's been posts like these. Makes me proud to be a Griz fan and a UM alumni. Thanks for posting this.

GrizLA said:
GrizMusician said:
Maybe some of you old farts can answer this... was this the most publicized trial in Montana history?

Thanks! I learn something new every day!

GrizMusician said:
GrizLA said:
GrizMusician said:

GrizLA said:
GrizMusician said:
GrizLA said:
GrizMusician said:

Takes me back to my Montana history class...

GrizLA said:
GrizMusician said:
GrizLA said:
GrizMusician said:

Does the Montana Highway Patrol still have 3-7-77 on their arm patches and car doors? There is debate whether those numbers trace back to the vigilante days in the 1860s or came about because of a murder of a man in Helena in the 1870s...off the subject, I know, but sort of interesting.

-
The work study trial in the early 70's under Swarthout f'd up the Griz program for 10 years

OldtiredGRiz said:
GrizLA said:
GrizMusician said:
GrizLA said:

Does the Montana Highway Patrol still have 3-7-77 on their arm patches and car doors? There is debate whether those numbers trace back to the vigilante days in the 1860s or came about because of a murder of a man in Helena in the 1870s...off the subject, I know, but sort of interesting.

Yeah, they still do.

GrizLA said:
GrizMusician said:
GrizLA said:
GrizMusician said:

Harry Fitz's Montana History class at UM? :D

OTG---- yup, 3-7-77 still on the patch of the Highway Patrol in Montana. guess we can still debate where it derived from, but generally accepted to be from the Vigilantes who took over law enforcement when it was corrupted. I will resist any current comparisons to the state's prosecution, though tempted.

nationally !

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/former-university-of-montana-qb-jordan-johnson-acquitted-of-rape-030113" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a question for OTG or 75 or some lawyer. Why did the judge not allow the alternate jurors to hear closing arguments but did allow them in deliberations? What is the reasoning for that?

GrizMusician said:
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plHvOYKwSyU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/youtube]

bump

thanks for the link, kpax had 14sec..lame

Latest posts

Back