• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ Trial

EverettGriz said:
OldtiredGRiz said:
There was no winner in this case. Two young lives have been changed forever and both have suffered immeasurable loss. The fallout from this storm, as we all know, is even much wider and affected many other lives. My heart goes out to Jane Doe; I truly hope she goes on to live a productive, successful and most importantly, happy and loving life. I think the verdict was not only fair and just, but also the only reasonable outcome. Each case in unique and in this particular case, I resolutely agree that no crime was committed. That being said, this is not over. Johnson still faces an oncoming train in many regards and I wish him strength, courage, happiness and love each and every day. I have no qualms about admitting that I am in tears and have been ever since the verdict was announced. I am happy that Jordan was acquitted, but my tears are not all tears of joy. There are many things about the whole situation (the emotional toll on Jane Doe, the U of M kangaroo court, outside influences, a huge expenditure of State/County resources, a huge emotional and financial toll on the Johnson family and the publicity that will follow this case for years, among other things) that just make me feel sad.

Plus 2 OTG!! Well written. Perhaps not the end but maybe the beginning of the end?

Great post, OTG.

I, too, feel for the woman involved and hope her life is a great one. I have no ill will toward her.

I reserve that for a few other key players who I believed severely damaged two seemingly good people's lives. For that, there is little forgiveness.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9006061/former-montana-grizzlies-quarterback-jordan-johnson-acquitted-rape?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Special K said:
argh! said:
cclarkblues said:
OldtiredGRiz said:
There was no winner in this case. Two young lives have been changed forever and both have suffered immeasurable loss. The fallout from this storm, as we all know, is even much wider and affected many other lives. My heart goes out to Jane Doe; I truly hope she goes on to live a productive, successful and most importantly, happy and loving life. I think the verdict was not only fair and just, but also the only reasonable outcome. Each case in unique and in this particular case, I resolutely agree that no crime was committed. That being said, this is not over. Johnson still faces an oncoming train in many regards and I wish him strength, courage, happiness and love each and every day. I have no qualms about admitting that I am in tears and have been ever since the verdict was announced. I am happy that Jordan was acquitted, but my tears are not all tears of joy. There are many things about the whole situation (the emotional toll on Jane Doe, the U of M kangaroo court, outside influences, a huge expenditure of State/County resources, a huge emotional and financial toll on the Johnson family and the publicity that will follow this case for years, among other things) that just make me feel sad.

Exactly. If you are praying folk, I hope you save some for both the two involved and their families. If not hopefully you will offer a happy thought for them because it's going to be a long slog back to normalacy.

these are two excellent posts.

You are so politically correct. Do you have to pinch yourself often? :cool:

Did you get tired of drunk tweeting, Stevie?

Special K said:
argh! said:
cclarkblues said:
OldtiredGRiz said:

Exactly. If you are praying folk, I hope you save some for both the two involved and their families. If not hopefully you will offer a happy thought for them because it's going to be a long slog back to normalacy.

Yet another black and white comment from the Right Wing Peanut Section.......no gray in those folks! God Bless America!

NikeGrizz said:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9006061/former-montana-grizzlies-quarterback-jordan-johnson-acquitted-rape?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ltmontana ‏@grzftbl
@espn Found NOT GUILTY http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8930437/jordan-johnson-montana-grizzlies-rape-trial-begin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
View summary Reply Delete Favorite More

:thumb:

Griz2k said:
grizengnr said:
I sure hope he decides to come back and play for the Griz again!

And that is the big question. Will he or won't he? I was told no, but not from someone I would consider a "reliable source". I hope he does and I hope he does damn well!
That stadium would erupt if he does!

GRZFTBL said:
NY Times quick to report.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/03/01/us/ap-us-university-sexual-assault.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have been told from a reliable source that he is deidicated to getting back. He feels he let his teammates down in addition to Pflu and JOD.

argh! said:
i find it sad people think this is something to 'party' about. we'll never know what really happened.
Argh! You're better than that! He is innocent....our system is pretty good.

kemajic said:
GRZFTBL said:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/03/01/us/ap-us-university-sexual-assault.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have been told from a reliable source that he is deidicated to getting back.
I'd be looking at Weber State

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plHvOYKwSyU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/youtube]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GrizLA said:
kemajic said:
GRZFTBL said:

I think the fact we got two more Sheldon recruits this year is a tipoff. The Johnsons have no grudge against the Griz FB program. He is brave enough to put up with the crap expected from the GF crowd.

kemajic said:
GrizLA said:
kemajic said:
GRZFTBL said:

I think the fact we got two more Sheldon recruits this year is a tipoff. The Johnsons have no grudge against the Griz FB program. He is brave enough to put up with the crap expected from the GF crowd.

Kem - i agree.... i think the recruitment of the other Sheldon kids points to his return. But if not, that's fine too and Griz Nation will support him where ever he goes!

kemajic said:
GRZFTBL said:

I have been told from a reliable source that he is deidicated to getting back. He feels he let his teammates down in addition to Pflu and JOD.

I can't imagine JJ won't be back. I suppose Paoli may have to work some persuasion on the university and university system, but I don't see that as a major obstacle. The momentum to allow him to return will be large. The quick not-guilty verdict on a long and important case was a resounding rebuke to the prosecution, and in some respects to the university. The downside for the university, as well as potential additional stress on the accuser if Paoli has to fight and seek redress from the courts, will be significant. If Engstrom tries to fight this, he may create even more issues for his remaining in his job. Johnson has been lifting, and lifting hard, with Steven Pfahler since last fall. He has been hitting the weights with a vengeance, perhaps as a stress reliever. My guess is that he continued to lift at night during the trial. He is very strong. He was throwing in the fall. At times, there were over 15 players in the court room. Coaches, grad assistants, equipment people, trainers. O'Day and Foley lent their support. Pflu would have been there on occasion, but was a potential witness.

Special K said:
argh! said:
cclarkblues said:
OldtiredGRiz said:

:roll:

Maybe some of you old farts can answer this... was this the most publicized trial in Montana history?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back