• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jordan Johnsons case, my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arson Welles said:
I actually agree with this thread to an extent. The amount of press that the JJ allegations received was ridiculous. Arguably, nothing should have been reported until things were official. Now that the things are official, I think that the media is handling it appropriately. The fact that he is a student-athlete doesn't matter anymore. If anyone was charged with rape then it would be reported in the newspapers just like this. Maybe not on the front page, though.

However, I think that the media treats student-athletes unfairly in the sense that they receive front page recognition whenever they break the law. It doesn't happen to other University students, so why is it different for them? In JJ's case, he's charged with a felony, which is probably worthy of the front page given his notoriety within the community. When it's a DUI (Nate Montana) or a misdemeanor (Kemp/Johnson), it shouldn't be on the front page. Unfortunately, that's the price you pay for playing college football at a successful university. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.

I agree with you, but that's just part of the territory when you are a football player. There are a lot of advantages of being a football player, but you're also going to be held to a higher standard then other student. Not fair but that's just the way life works.

If we could just keep all these tramps away from our players, shut down the missoulian and fire all the cops we could keep this winning thing going on for good.

HighLineGRIZ said:
I agree with you, but that's just part of the territory when you are a football player. There are a lot of advantages of being a football player, but you're also going to be held to a higher standard. then other student. Not fair but that's just the way life works

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzdAZ3TjCA[/youtube]

Skookum-Jim said:
If we could just keep all these tramps away from our players, shut down the missoulian and fire all the cops we could keep this winning thing going on for good.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlWgF8dqneg&feature=related[/youtube]

Skookum-Jim said:

Or we if we had coaches and AD's who impressed on players that an ongoing contest of seeing who has the most notches on their belts or allowing themselves to be notches on a bed post does NOT represent "moral character" the university or the team very well. not to mention the community that in large part pays for many of their educations. Worse than that every time they drop their pants outside of a VERY committed and serious relationship they run the risk of serious "hurt and "jail" (and even then.)

CatKiller07 said:
My opinion ? I believe that Missoulas judicial system needs to make some significant changes with how they protect student athletes from false allegations , the kids life is ruined , and what , because of an allegation ? The town has turned into a witch hunt , people love failure more and pointing fingers makes them pathetically feel better about themselves inside , he is a human being as well , he is not guilty until proven so , the media should respect that until proven otherwise , I feel like that part needs to be respected , it is completely unfair and complete speculation, the media does not know more than reports . You want the truth ? Truth is. This has turned into a small town witch hunt , truth is , too many people in Missoula are on a fight for empowerment . Truth is people will not get along unless they are on top. Truth is, these kids life is ruined , his dream of Montana Football is completely shattered. Truth is , that makes some people feel better inside . My advice is for those who do so, look yourself in the mirror ... Who are you ? This post has no relation , but rather a well matured point of view, and trust me , there's a lot of experience coming from this direction.

Ironic.

:coffee: :coffee:

CatKiller07 said:
My opinion ? I believe that Missoulas judicial system needs to make some significant changes with how they protect student athletes from false allegations , the kids life is ruined , and what , because of an allegation ? The town has turned into a witch hunt , people love failure more and pointing fingers makes them pathetically feel better about themselves inside , he is a human being as well , he is not guilty until proven so , the media should respect that until proven otherwise , I feel like that part needs to be respected , it is completely unfair and complete speculation, the media does not know more than reports . You want the truth ? Truth is. This has turned into a small town witch hunt , truth is , too many people in Missoula are on a fight for empowerment . Truth is people will not get along unless they are on top. Truth is, these kids life is ruined , his dream of Montana Football is completely shattered. Truth is , that makes some people feel better inside . My advice is for those who do so, look yourself in the mirror ... Who are you ? This post has no relation , but rather a well matured point of view, and trust me , there's a lot of experience coming from this direction.

AGREED TOTALLY! What bothers me about this case is this. The girl voluntarily drives JJ to her home. She invites him into her bedroom behind closed doors. Her roommate is sitting literally 20 feet away in the next room playing video games. She claims to be raped, but never screams or vocally tells JJ to stop, allowing the girlfriend to call !! for help?????? Please! And this is rape??? He will be acquitted for sure! Yet, lose his college career and more.

Apparently her roommates are guys. One was supposedly only steps away from the bedroom door. The affidavit says JJ was introduced to the roommate when he came over, so he would have known there was a guy just outside the door. Would a scream or shout not have caught the attention of the roommate?

Growler1 said:
CatKiller07 said:

AGREED TOTALLY! What bothers me about this case is this. The girl voluntarily drives JJ to her home. She invites him into her bedroom behind closed doors. Her roommate is sitting literally 20 feet away in the next room playing video games. She claims to be raped, but never screams or vocally tells JJ to stop, allowing the girlfriend to call !! for help?????? Please! And this is rape??? He will be acquitted for sure! Yet, lose his college career and more.

scared people don't think clearly, sunny. i could see someone be overwhelmed by the situation. plus, maybe the male roommate was a greenie-type of clown, who worships football players?

one can dream up all kinds of scenarios - 'good' or 'bad'.

A lot of talk here that it's a foregone conclusion that JJ's dreams, career are over. Doesn't have to be the case if he's acquitted; he still has two years eligibility (somewhere), even if the legal process takes a year. Gets a degree, job, and works on paying off his legal defense fees. Time heals a lot of scars (for both). I think the comments that things are over for JJ are more that things are over for JJ regarding the Griz. Pretty selfish. I would not underestimate JJ's ability to recover.

Washgrizfan1 said:
Apparently her roommates are guys. One was supposedly only steps away from the bedroom door. The affidavit says JJ was introduced to the roommate when he came over, so he would have known there was a guy just outside the door. Would a scream or shout not have caught the attention of the roommate?

What gave it away? The fact that the affidavit stated her roommate was home playing video games solo?

argh! said:
Growler1 said:
CatKiller07 said:

scared people don't think clearly, sunny. i could see someone be overwhelmed by the situation. plus, maybe the male roommate was a greenie-type of clown, who worships football players?

BS, scared people not in their enviroment, will not yell for help etc. She was in her home with a friend 20 feet away. Wake up folks. The only reason JJ is even being charged is because this case received some national exposure thanks to irresponsible reporting. Missoula judicial system is covering their ass. This girl wasnt able to get JJ to give he attention the next day, thus she became a victum. I will bet huge money JJ is acquitted.

SoCalGriz said:
argh! said:
Growler1 said:
CatKiller07 said:

BS, scared people not in their enviroment, will not yell for help etc. She was in her home with a friend 20 feet away. Wake up folks. The only reason JJ is even being charged is because this case received some national exposure thanks to irresponsible reporting. Missoula judicial system is covering their ass. This girl wasnt able to get JJ to give he attention the next day, thus she became a victum. I will bet huge money JJ is acquitted.
Acquitted as in walks away scot-free? I'll bet huge money he does not. I am not saying that he will be convicted of the full up sexual intercourse without consent but he will not walk. The prosecutor has his ducks in a row, the woman had a rape kit done the next day and it was consistent with rape. This is not a he said she said case folks. It will be interesting how it shakes out but he is not going to walk.

SoCal Griz wrote:"This girl wasnt able to get JJ to give he attention the next day, thus she became a victum."

Then explain why there is a reported text, right after the encounter, where she claims to have been raped? Or when she shared it with a friend she picked up from a bar that night. Or why she sought medical care the next day. These will be easily established as fact by the prosecutor. So maybe the easy "jilted lover" or "she's a slut" defenses won't apply here.

I think for many of you the reason you believe JJ is falsely accused is simply based on the fact he was our quarterback. I would bet if another young man in the same situation, with the same information known was presented to many of you, you would break out the hammer and nails and start building the gallows.

I don’t know what happened that night and have read one side of a story. I would hope the JJ is falsely accused crowd on here could come up with better arguments than she was a jilted lover or she was a slut.

As far as the screaming for help, please do some research on it. It will take you 5 minutes. It is not uncommon. It is certainly counterintuitive but when people are in shock they do a lot uncharacteristic things. Trauma informed care/Trauma focused services might be a good place to start.

Ursa Major said:
SoCal Griz wrote:"This girl wasnt able to get JJ to give he attention the next day, thus she became a victum."

Then explain why there is a reported text, right after the encounter, where she claims to have been raped? Or when she shared it with a friend she picked up from a bar that night. Or why she sought medical care the next day. These will be easily established as fact by the prosecutor. So maybe the easy "jilted lover" or "she's a slut" defenses won't apply here.

I think for many of you the reason you believe JJ is falsely accused is simply based on the fact he was our quarterback. I would bet if another young man in the same situation, with the same information known was presented to many of you, you would break out the hammer and nails and start building the gallows.

I don’t know what happened that night and have read one side of a story. I would hope the JJ is falsely accused crowd on here could come up with better arguments than she was a jilted lover or she was a slut.

As far as the screaming for help, please do some research on it. It will take you 5 minutes. It is not uncommon. It is certainly counterintuitive but when people are in shock they do a lot uncharacteristic things. Trauma informed care/Trauma focused services might be a good place to start.

Come on Ursa,

Everyone knows that the gallows are now done pre-fab and you can get them in the hardware section of your local "Witch Hunt" supply store.

profisme said:
Come on Ursa,

Everyone knows that the gallows are now done pre-fab and you can get them in the hardware section of your local "Witch Hunt" supply store.

yes, but only in "Witch Hunt" supply stores in Salem..... & Walkerville...... :thumb:

funny water said:
profisme said:
Come on Ursa,

yes, but only in "Witch Hunt" supply stores in Salem..... & Walkerville...... :thumb:

funny, do they still do those at Pizzers?

Was the Victim also drinking alcohol. Going to be a tough defense when JJ was underage and drinking alcohol so much as not wanting to drive. Underage, under the influence, under the bus.

grizpsych said:
CatKiller07 said:
Sad part is there's not enough people that stand by the truth out there, cowards.

Uh, there are only two people that actually know the truth, and I'm sure that both are going to stick with their stories.

Yup, only two people know what really happened. Even so, isn’t it ironic that both passionately believe (my assumption) their version of what happened is the real truth? Therefore, the truth actually depends on who has the best lawyer and also which side manages to select (or ends up with) the jurors most sympathetic to their case.

Moral of the story ...You can hate lawyers all you want ... but when you really need one ... make sure it’s the best one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back