• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Justin Roper on Vernon Adams, Montana, and FCS vs FBS

mikegriz said:
mtgrizzly said:
grizband said:
Didn't Swogger get us to the semi-finals?

Yes, he lead us to the semi's against UMASS in 06.

....a fumbled once and threw two interceptions at the coldest Griz game I was ever at

I remembered having to have a little extra anti freeze running thru my veins that night.[emoji4]

'68griz said:
mikegriz said:
mtgrizzly said:
grizband said:
Didn't Swogger get us to the semi-finals?

Yes, he lead us to the semi's against UMASS in 06.

....a fumbled once and threw two interceptions at the coldest Griz game I was ever at
Nope, the coldest one was against Delaware -- and, sadly we lost that one too.

Said coldest I was ever at. Wasn't at Delaware. What was the temp?

EverettGriz said:
For what it's worth, I'm glad he considers himself a duck and not a GRIZ. GRIZ have heart.

I have always thought Roper was the drop down player that was "Griz in Name Only." We have really been lucky to have great drop down players that joined the Griz and embraced the culture. Every now and then we get drop down players that are here just to extend their playing time.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
EverettGriz said:
For what it's worth, I'm glad he considers himself a duck and not a GRIZ. GRIZ have heart.

I have always thought Roper was the drop down player that was "Griz in Name Only." We have really been lucky to have great drop down players that joined the Griz and embraced the culture. Every now and then we get drop down players that are here just to extend their playing time.

Felt like he never fit, was never part of team, now he's confirmed. Funny that someone wanted his comments on VA, who is 2x the QB

AZGrizFan said:
It's speed," Roper said. "It's the speed of every player, not just the secondary and the receivers. Defensive linemen and tacklers are a lot faster at the D-1 level. Linebackers are a lot faster."

I stopped reading right there.

Don't honestly care much what he's got to say after proving himself a complete idiot.

OK, I did read ONE more paragraph:

"Throws you were able to make at Eastern Washington may not translate," Roper said. "It could be the same route, the same type of corner route, but the throw you make is different. I very rarely had any arc or touch on any throw I made at Oregon. Every throw had to be zoomed in there really fast because windows close quickly. When I was at Montana, I had to adjust my throwing style because I was used to windows closing quickly and hitting people right out of their breaks on routes. It didn't really happen like that at Montana."

So THAT explains why he struggled here....everything happened so SLOWLY that big, bad Roper had to adjust his throwing style and slow poop down to the point that he struggled.

What a fudge joke.

He really thought highly of himself

EverettGriz said:
Once a GRIZ always a GRIZ.

Much like renouncing one's citizenship, it takes a lot of effort to give up being considered a Griz. And here he is.

except for this ass clown.

EverettGriz said:
Once a GRIZ always a GRIZ.

except for this ass clown.

And in keeping with the tradition of holiday cheer, I think he should be greeted as such. The ass clown part.

Ps. This was a fun trip through the Wayback machine.

uofmman1122 said:
"I lost the QB battle because Marc Mariani was too slow and the windows were too big" :lol:

Yes, people were TOO wide open, so I needed to launch the ball into the 3rd row instead...

I'm not going to drag on a former Griz. Not the first teamers or the tweeners. Roper returned to South and became the OC for a successful team. Good for him.

I will say that I have watched Furman's 3 best games this season. The team executes well. The atmosphere is terrible. Empty bleachers, quiet fans. Understandably, the teams play flat.

Coach Roper knows what his team is in for Saturday. The Paladins will blow out the speakers on their PA system trying to prepare the team for the game. They'll try best they can to work on false starts, and relentless pressure on the QB, on getting tattooed on every gang tackle.

Coach knows his team can't be ready.

Back