• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kent Haslam hiring grades

Lol I missed that last sentence of PR's
Yes I had heard that even asked some folks about said poster.

PlayerRep said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Bring forth the haters, but Engstrom AD hire > Cruzado's AD hires.

How would you rate Engstrom's firing of an AD and a head coach?

Are you seriously criticizing Cruzado for being involved in hiring an AD that accepts and quits a few days later? Let's hear what you think she did wrong.
Usually when you have that much egg on your face, something was missed or a gamble was made that didn't pay off.

Paytonlives said:
Gittes406 said:
Paytonlives said:
Came on board in 2012 and has made 3 major coaching hires.

Bob Stitt Football (Football)
Haslam Gets a B-. This is the year we will be able to grade Coach Stitt correctly. Made the playoffs in his first year, but has totally overturned the roster with 40+ new players. Make a run to the Championship and the Grade is a A. Fail to meet UM expectations and he quickly becomes a D.

Travis DeCuire (B-Ball)
A great hire and a Great recruiter. I give Haslam a A- on this Hire. Dont get me wrong, UM is blessed to have DeCuire, but he is still learning and has made a few small coaching mistakes that have cost the Griz a few games. The future is very bright... for as long as he is at UM

Jamie Pinkerton (Softball)
Haslam gets a A+++ on this hire. Pinkerton has taken a program with zero players to playing for a Championship in their second year of existence... I hope Pinkerton falls in love with Missoula and coaches at UM for 20+ years.

Curious, what were the coaching moves DeCuire made that cost the Griz games?

There were a few games that the Griz had a lead late, say less then 1:30 left in the game and did not win. Nevada and Weber come to mind. I believe that coaches have to be really good during that time of the game... But it is a small sample size, so that's why the minus.

Go back and watch the Weber championship game. The two plays Travis drew up out of timeouts were there. It was player error that stopped them from working. Also, against Nevada, the refs cost them that game not DeCuire. Go back and watch that too and watch how different the two teams were officiated in the second half

G406, does all that mean payton made a small penalty error and should be required to sit out for a period?

Back