• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

McDowell back in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day, Big cliff was a huge reason the Griz got to the national championship. There’s no denying that or arguing it. Without him, the Griz, do not make it that far. So if he wants to come back…if he is humble, if he realizes his mistake, if he mans up to the team and asks for their apology and blessing, and the team is all for it, then I am too

At the end of the day, Big cliff was a huge reason the Griz got to the national championship. There’s no denying that or arguing it. Without him, the Griz, do not make it that far. So if he wants to come back…if he is humble, if he realizes his mistake, if he mans up to the team and asks for their apology and blessing, and the team is all for it, then I am too
This is a balanced take.

Right now we have 5 QBs on the roster, and it will be 6 this coming fall. Does all 6 have full scholarships? I've played football on every level except for professional and 6 QBs seem like a lot. And I understand depth at every position and usually most teams keep 4 QBs in college, maybe 5. Professional teams don't ever keep more than 4. So if Cliff comes back that will be 7 QBs. And when you add more QBs, other ones will tend to leave if they feel like they won't play or are getting passed over. I hope everything works out for the best for the team and individual players who are directly impacted by this. Can't wait to see the Spring game next week. Go GRIZ!!!
Good points. Knowing Bobby's personality, I feel certain that he has moved on from McDowell after he bolted for the portal. We have plenty of QBs to fight for the starting position.

Good points. Knowing Bobby's personality, I feel certain that he has moved on from McDowell after he bolted for the portal. We have plenty of QBs to fight for the starting position.
What do you think of his (correct) point that the addition of superior QBs causes the departure of inferior QBs? If what the coaching staff says is true about fielding the best team one season at a time, I think they’d gladly gain a QB who has turned a season around and led a team to a NC appearance at the risk of “losing” a project prospect who has never taken a snap in a DI game. Maybe that’s just me.

Reading this doesn't make me want him on the Griz.
What do you think of his (correct) point that the addition of superior QBs causes the departure of inferior QBs? If what the coaching staff says is true about fielding the best team one season at a time, I think they’d gladly gain a QB who has turned a season around and led a team to a NC appearance at the risk of “losing” a project prospect who has never taken a snap in a DI game. Maybe that’s just me.
I don't have concern that bringing in "superior" qb's causes departure of "inferior" qb's. My concern is that bringing in potentially good qb's (especially short term ones) can cause younger potentially very good and longer term qb's to depart. And, depending on what has been said to the younger qb's, they may feel mislead and depart. This is probably a unique and special case. I'm good with what Hooked said above.

With Cliff seeming to be doing well at Temple, I can't figure out what he's thinking or what would have caused this.

Can one come back for the summer, and then go to a different school in August?

#2!🤣 As in second time around! If so, he'll have to do a trick David Copperfield couldn't do, namely pull a NC out of his a**! Spotlight is on you, Cliffy!

Claims according to rumors coaches are letting the team vote to see if would be allowed to come back. My personal opinions and "old school" mentality on the matter aside, whatever the players want I'll be okay with.

Now that I see Colter is reporting it, I have heard a rumor from someone who posts on Egriz and from someone who doesn't post on Egriz that it was being left up to the seniors to bring him back or not. They both fed me the rumor separately, and I don't think they know each other at all.

One morning when I was 10, walking to school one morning, a classmate walked alongside. We passed a hornets nest, and this kid decided it would be a good idea to ram a stick through it, and bring it to school. He did so, but he walked alone the rest of the way. Alone, except for a couple hundred pissed off hornets.
You gotta be that kid from long ago, stirring up eGriz. Bzzzz!!!
looks like after a few posts today the story even continues more, maybe on the kid that keeps the other kids thinking :) 🤔

Either way all fun and games but def surprised the cliff coming back talk has gotten this serious

Agreed. It's not his football ability that's the sticking point. Everyone here can agree with that. His actions warrant no special consideration. This isn't MSdUi and the WAAC philosophy. No waiver, Cliffy. You want to play football for another season, walk on at a DII or NAIA program.👎

Does childish name calling for a poster who has a different opinion than you make you feel intelligent? Your post is garbage, as usual, because you can't resist the little personal digs. You have this weird need to be relevant, but fail consistently.
I couldn’t give two shits about your opinion of me or anybody else, but I will call out stupidity when I see it. And when I look at your posts that’s ALL I see.

Do we? Seems like quality teams figured him out down the stretch or that he wasn’t willing to take risks like he did when he was staking his claim to the starting spot earlier in the season.
Like we “figured out the QBs” of those quality teams? All of whom performed BELOW their season average?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back