• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

McDowell back in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come you seem to be the only one on this forum that understands football except for me of course ?
My humbleness keeps me from crowing like a Banty Rooster.🤣
Lording it over everyone is not my style, so I play dumb, another thing I'm great at. Even the best can't tell the difference.👍🤔

Am I crazy for feeling like the NAU game last year was a good thing?

"We can't have a repeat of the NAU game", why not? It's arguably the reason we did so well down the stretch. Do people think if we had won that game with Vidlak and continued course with him, we'd have won the Big Sky and gotten to Frisco? I sure don't.

If we played a harder schedule and opened 2-2, we likely don't get the #2 seed and have to play teams on the road in the playoffs.

I dunno, I feel like the NAU game and the lackluster tune up games were exactly what the team needed to find their identity last year.
IF we'd won the NAU game and stuck with Vidlak, there was an NAU game coming down the pike eventually.

IF we'd won the NAU game and stuck with Vidlak, there was an NAU game coming down the pike eventually.
And by that point, it might be too late to get it corrected with the necessary changes. For example, we win against ISU the next week, and then lose to both UC Davis and Idaho, now we're not the #2 seed anymore.

It's not a strategy I think the staff should actively go after (let's just play teams and figure shit out as we go), but to suggest that if it happens in the future, it will be bad is just weird. We recovered after NAU last year, I trust the staff to figure it out if it happens again.

And by that point, it might be too late to get it corrected with the necessary changes. For example, we win against ISU the next week, and then lose to both UC Davis and Idaho, now we're not the #2 seed anymore.

It's not a strategy I think the staff should actively go after (let's just play teams and figure shit out as we go), but to suggest that if it happens in the future, it will be bad is just weird. We recovered after NAU last year, I trust the staff to figure it out if it happens again.
I agree. NAU was a good wake up call for everyone on the UM side, and changes were made right after that. And NAU turned out to be better than anyone thought. This is how sport works. You learn from your mistakes, make adjustments, and keep moving forward.

I agree. NAU was a good wake up call for everyone on the UM side, and changes were made right after that. And NAU turned out to be better than anyone thought. This is how sport works. You learn from your mistakes, make adjustments, and keep moving forward.
You are right-on. That game sparked and incredible turnaround. The changes worked. Reviewing the film after that game must have been a come to Jesus moment for the coaches and players.

There are a few of us, but the pickings are slim with some of "good posters" who seem to live on here 24/7. This is their life, as pathetic as that is.
You don’t know shit, Lebowski, particularly about FB and everyone already knows it.
Ex. A: you’ve been calling for BH’s head for literally decades now. How’s that been worked out for you?

I was looking at some fall pre-season practice threads, and found this. I had recalled Third saying something like this.

ThirdandLong: "Has Sam looked good in practice? Yes. He throws a nice ball, and seems to be pretty accurate. But, so does Brown in practice. In fact, I would argue the Kris has looked the best of the three QBs in practice.

Even the folks who lauded praise on how well he looked in the spring game should admit that Kris Brown also looked VERY GOOD in the Covid game. In fact, he looked so good that I predicted great things for him as the future UM starting QB. Of course, that has not worked out so far, for reasons that I still don't understand, because Kris has the look of a prototypical stud college QB. Great physical presence, throws a beautiful, catcheable pass, and shows great accuracy in practice."

Hoops: "Brown has not looked better in practice, nor in the scrimmage a week ago. Vidlak can really throw the ball.

I may be wrong but I believe Riley Wilson missed NAU game too. I think he might end up being Big Sky Defensive MVP one of next 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back