• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Missoula Rises is giving Griz Nation a chance to submit some questions

GGNez said:
AZGrizFan said:
GGNez said:
I understand, Ringneck. And, similar to your point, one could parse through all of these threads and "prove" that Grizzly Football fans are clueless and apathetic about sexual abuse/assault, that they think women are inferior and belong in the kitchen and that if they speak to women at work, they are likely to lose their homes in a lawsuit.

The extremes on both sides have become the vocal majority. It's Davey vs Goliath. (Just kidding, I thought that was punny)

But, Alpha v Davey is the epitome of what is wrong with the community on this issue. You see "them" as you described above, many of "them" see "us" as Alpha and others like him. Most on either side would not elect either of them as a representative.

Yet only one of them is at the Forum. Mmmm hmmm....

Really, AZ? You want him on the m-f'ing forum? Jesus. Get real.

:lol: :lol:

No. I DON’T want HER on the forum. Again...legitimization of a false narrative....and all that.

AZGrizFan said:
GGNez said:
AZGrizFan said:
GGNez said:
I understand, Ringneck. And, similar to your point, one could parse through all of these threads and "prove" that Grizzly Football fans are clueless and apathetic about sexual abuse/assault, that they think women are inferior and belong in the kitchen and that if they speak to women at work, they are likely to lose their homes in a lawsuit.

The extremes on both sides have become the vocal majority. It's Davey vs Goliath. (Just kidding, I thought that was punny)

But, Alpha v Davey is the epitome of what is wrong with the community on this issue. You see "them" as you described above, many of "them" see "us" as Alpha and others like him. Most on either side would not elect either of them as a representative.

Yet only one of them is at the Forum. Mmmm hmmm....

Really, AZ? You want him on the m-f'ing forum? Jesus. Get real.

:lol: :lol:

No. I DON’T want HER on the forum. Again...legitimization of a false narrative....and all that.

Jesus Christ, Az....just when I thought we were all....non-hatey and shit....fuck.....

I vote for AlphaGriz on the forum. If you are going to look at one extreme, you need the other.

ordigger said:
I vote for AlphaGriz on the forum. If you are going to look at one extreme, you need the other.

SHUT...

UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, welcome back you Ore-diggin' mother-f'er!!!

"Tackling a Culture of Sexism" The title implies that there is such @ U of M.
Is this actual, implied or non-existent? Just curious to hear opinions.

AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Will anyone ask Davey's about the dishonesty of altering the book cover?

I'm intending to bring up the point that I disagreed with the use of the book cover for the petition. The book did not once mention Hauck (I checked) and that the use of that photo caused misconceptions and some real damage to the discussion as a whole. I also plan to point out that through twitter I civilly discussed with Lisa Davey my disagreement and we had a respectful conversation about it, each sharing our opinions on it.

That doesn't answer his question. Specifically, IN PUBLIC, will someone question her on her inappropriate use of and altering of a book cover that had ZERO to do with Bobby Hauck? Will someone publically ask her if she will admit to fabrication of lies about Bobby Hauck and his responsibility for and tacit approval of sexual harassment by and preferential treatment for football team members? Specifically, has she changed her position regarding Bobby Hauck's level of responsibility for the current climate (in her mind, not backed up by actual facts) on campus...the supposed "rape culture" that exists?

So, SPECIFICALLY, BRINT: Will you convince Democrats to become Republicans and Republicans to become Democrats??? Will you convince Feminists to become subservient housewives and convince Mysoginysts to become domestic violence spokespeople?? Will you convince dogs to become cats and cats to become dogs????

Anything less??? F*CK YOU, you COMMIE BASTARD!!!

blackfoot griz said:
"Tackling a Culture of Sexism" The title implies that there is such @ U of M.
Is this actual, implied or non-existent? Just curious to hear opinions.

Because it is perceived to exist by those in Lisa Davey’s corner, it is a thing. Whether or not that “thing” is reality is a whole new question.

GGNez said:
AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Will anyone ask Davey's about the dishonesty of altering the book cover?

I'm intending to bring up the point that I disagreed with the use of the book cover for the petition. The book did not once mention Hauck (I checked) and that the use of that photo caused misconceptions and some real damage to the discussion as a whole. I also plan to point out that through twitter I civilly discussed with Lisa Davey my disagreement and we had a respectful conversation about it, each sharing our opinions on it.

That doesn't answer his question. Specifically, IN PUBLIC, will someone question her on her inappropriate use of and altering of a book cover that had ZERO to do with Bobby Hauck? Will someone publically ask her if she will admit to fabrication of lies about Bobby Hauck and his responsibility for and tacit approval of sexual harassment by and preferential treatment for football team members? Specifically, has she changed her position regarding Bobby Hauck's level of responsibility for the current climate (in her mind, not backed up by actual facts) on campus...the supposed "rape culture" that exists?

So, SPECIFICALLY, BRINT: Will you convince Democrats to become Republicans and Republicans to become Democrats??? Will you convince Feminists to become subservient housewives and convince Mysoginysts to become domestic violence spokespeople?? Will you convince dogs to become cats and cats to become dogs????

subzero temps + gin make GG too cussy and argumentative

ramvgHo.png

Many of the "memes" are false, although it interesting to see people enthusiastically endorse the participation of one set of wack-jobs, while decrying the participation of a different set.

Some facts. Colleges are not "cesspools" of sexual assault, the age-group is. Further, on the statistical data available, MSU has long ranked within the top 60 "riskiest" campuses in the United States, while UM has ranked among the 10% least risky. Overall, campuses tend to be safer for females within the age group, but a higher risk for males of the same age group.

From the published data:

11.2% of all students experience rape or sexual assault through physical force, violence, or incapacitation (among all graduate and undergraduate students).

Among graduate and professional students, 8.8% of females and 2.2% of males experience rape or sexual assault through physical force, violence, or incapacitation.

Among undergraduate students, 23.1% of females and 5.4% of males experience rape or sexual assault through physical force, violence, or incapacitation.

4.2% of students have experienced stalking since entering college.

Student or not, college-age adults are at high risk for sexual violence compared to the population as a whole.

Female college-aged students (18-24) are 20% less likely than non-students of the same age to be a victim of rape or sexual assault.

Male college-aged students (18-24), however, are 78% more likely than non-students of the same age to be a victim of rape or sexual assault.

Data from:

David Cantor, Bonnie Fisher, Susan Chibnall, Reanna Townsend, et. al. Association of American Universities (AAU), Report on the AAU Campus Climate Survey on Sexual Assault and Sexual Misconduct (September 21, 2015).

Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, Rape and Sexual Victimization Among College-Aged Females, 1995-2013 (2014).

michaelsol said:
Many of the "memes" are false, although it interesting to see people enthusiastically endorse the participation of one set of wack-jobs, while decrying the participation of a different set.

Some facts. Colleges are not "cesspools" of sexual assault, the age-group is. Further, on the statistical data available, MSU has long ranked within the top 60 "riskiest" campuses in the United States, while UM has ranked among the 10% least risky. Overall, campuses tend to be safer for females within the age group, but a higher risk for males of the same age group.

From the published data:

11.2% of all students experience rape or sexual assault through physical force, violence, or incapacitation (among all graduate and undergraduate students).

Among graduate and professional students, 8.8% of females and 2.2% of males experience rape or sexual assault through physical force, violence, or incapacitation.

Among undergraduate students, 23.1% of females and 5.4% of males experience rape or sexual assault through physical force, violence, or incapacitation.

4.2% of students have experienced stalking since entering college.

Student or not, college-age adults are at high risk for sexual violence compared to the population as a whole.

Female college-aged students (18-24) are 20% less likely than non-students of the same age to be a victim of rape or sexual assault.

Male college-aged students (18-24), however, are 78% more likely than non-students of the same age to be a victim of rape or sexual assault.

Data from:

David Cantor, Bonnie Fisher, Susan Chibnall, Reanna Townsend, et. al. Association of American Universities (AAU), Report on the AAU Campus Climate Survey on Sexual Assault and Sexual Misconduct (September 21, 2015).

Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, Rape and Sexual Victimization Among College-Aged Females, 1995-2013 (2014).

Seriously! You are going to introduce statistics and reasoned arguments? lol

I read that toxic masculinity is basically anything that hurts men. The "man up" culture, so to speak.

So, if a bunch of men want to have a parade/forum about how they aren't really getting a fair shake in today's social climate, the women who don't support the parade/forum must support toxic masculinity.

GGNez said:
GGNez said:
AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

ramvgHo.png

Seriously. :| :| :|

My post had nothing to do with politics. :stfu:

Whatever happened to those wonderful days of romantic seduction of the sexes? The wily ways of women luring innocent men into their web of love! The pursuit of idealistic, lustful men after the woman of their dreams? All respectful and consensual, of course! So many times the seduction of us menfolk to their ways should reveal many more "successes" than men. (Must be a study on that somewhere). In today's definition of toxic masculinity, I would be fearful if young again that the fairer sex would be unapproachable.

Glendivegriz said:
Seriously! You are going to introduce statistics and reasoned arguments? lol
Well, it is kind of buried in the data but three statistical facts stand out:

1) College students are safer in their campus environments than the same age group generally;
2) Female college students are safer than the same age group generally;
3) Male college students are substantially at greater risk than the same age group generally.

The genuine "bad news" is for male college students. Who is speaking for them? Missoula Rises?

RABIDAWG said:
Whatever happened to those wonderful days of romantic seduction of the sexes? The wily ways of women luring innocent men into their web of love! The pursuit of idealistic, lustful men after the woman of their dreams? All respectful and consensual, of course! So many times the seduction of us menfolk to their ways should reveal many more "successes" than men. (Must be a study on that somewhere). In today's definition of toxic masculinity, I would be fearful if young again that the fairer sex would be unapproachable.
The fairer sex will always be approachable if you have the ability and charm.

Spanky said:
RABIDAWG said:
The fairer sex will always be approachable if you have the ability and charm.

I must have had.....glad I'm married to my golden gal! ;)

AZGrizFan said:
GGNez said:
GGNez said:
AZGrizFan said:

ramvgHo.png

Seriously. :| :| :|

My post had nothing to do with politics. :stfu:

I know, man. Kicked myself right out of the game.

Sorry.

Back