• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana HS Football Recruits 2015

go96griz said:
grizatwork said:
NikeGrizz said:
NikeGrizz said:
Kessler Leonard I hear from GFH is interested in the griz.. played both ways this season for the bison
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1704221/kessler-leonard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
he put up good numbers this season I think the griz coaches should take a look

State champion wrestler too.

I got a chance to see Kessler Leonard in action Saturday at the Rocky Mountain Classic wrestling tourney in Missoula. He was listed at 6' and 175 during the football season which I would guess was pretty accurate. He is competing at 160 pounds this wrestling season. He is very well-built for a tall 160 pounder. He won his championship match pretty easily by taking down his opponent, letting them up, and taking them down again throughout the match. I was impressed by how quick he is. Tough kid, would love to see him play for the griz if he has good speed. Does anybody know how fast Kessler is?

His father mentioned he is hoping to know where he's playing college football in the next week or so.

Sounds like a Griz DB Jake Dallaserra type kid...both Champion 160 lb wrestlers and All-State football players.

This is what a 1st team All-State CMR kid had to say about Leonard:

"He was a good player, for sure," Sexe said of Leonard. "He put a dent in us at crosstown … He kind of carried that team."

Kg92 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Logan Jones is a good player for sure. His size is a negative though. Here is what he ran in the preliminary state meet for the 100 last year. He did not make it into the finals (fastest 10).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are wrong, the state prelims was not his worst race he had all year, far from it. The fact remains he did not run much faster all year previously. That 10.93 was hand timed, and doesn't rhyme with his other hand timed times...

Only the state times are electronic.

I stand corrected...he did have slower times...a lot of these are relative to the speed of the track that day and other athlete's results in that meet and race, though.
My point was - It seems as though you are trying to refute Logan's avg speed and it sounds like you are indicating that he isn't even in the top 10 fastest prep boys in MT. If that is your point, that is absurd, he has shown that he has the speed capability that is only 2nd to Daum.
And, you say "That 10.93 was hand timed...Only the state times are electronic" - where did you get that information?.I don't think I have been to a varsity meet that was not electronic timed.
Other points...
- He is probably the fastest kid to 40-50 yards - explosive - since there is no race of that length, you would only know by watching in person.
- Track speed is a good indicator, but doesn't necessarily translate to football speed...his quick cutting ability is unparalleled, especially in traffic. He is known among teammates and other prep players as "the fastest kid in pads in the state".
- He relishes contact...ideally, he will try to slice through traffic, but will gladly take on a tackler if needed...he is an excellent downfield blocker - he has sprung other runners/receivers for additional yards multiple times and had de-cleated more than a couple would be tacklers.
- He is relentless...he will not give up on additional yards, even after contact, until it is impossible to go any further.

This is just my humble and admittedly biased opinion. You are welcome to your opinion on who would and wouldn't be good fits at this level. I challenge you to watch film on him and find anybody other MT athlete's film that is nearly as impressive in traffic and after contact.

I don't want to paint the wrong picture, I am an ABSOLUTE FAN of Logan Jones! :clap: I think he is incredible, a real talent. No doubt about it. LIke you mention, he is great in traffic and is very quick. You think he is gonna get tackled and the next thing you know you are watching him race to the endzone. He has a lot of heart too. I can't say enough good things about him actually.

All I did was post his track times from the wesbsite http://www.athletic.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. And then I did wonder when I see it says he ran 11.40 to 11.92, and then saw ONE fantastic time of 10.93 mixed in.

Logan Jones has a GREAT four min highlight video.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1502756/highlights/166722375?utm_expid=74649800-42.1FXkhuxuQ_6XCU9i9zeegQ.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hudl.com%2Fathlete%2F1502756%2Fhighlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At the 1:26 mark starts a play where Logan Jones shows his quickness and takes a pass to the house.

On the same play you'll see Dalton Daum, the safety on the opposite side of the field, get on his horse and show his closing speed.

Think Logan would blend in nicely,, any news abt Peoples as prefferred walk on as kicker?? heard this the other day not so sure abt it???

Logan reminds me of a former Griz, from Hawaii, Shalon Baker sp? He would be great in Stitt's offense, quick hitters.

1972 said:
Logan reminds me of a former Griz, from Hawaii, Shalon Baker sp? He would be great in Stitt's offense, quick hitters.

For sure, Shalon was slippery as hell & quicker than a 5 legged cheetah

1972 said:

I think Logan would fit the offense well. Shalon Baker was fun to watch. I think he was from Evergreen Washington not Hawaii.

Triwest said:
1972 said:

I think Logan would fit the offense well. Shalon Baker was fun to watch. I think he was from Evergreen Washington not Hawaii.

Sorry, my bad

Would one of you "Montana Kids Recruited" experts please give us an up date on Montana kids we are getting. Hell, it's only three days until the FINALS.....Some Montana kids were at the latest last chance visit this weekend.

Umista said:
Would one of you "Montana Kids Recruited" experts please give us an up date on Montana kids we are getting. Hell, it's only three days until the FINALS.....Some Montana kids were at the latest last chance visit this weekend.

I will tell you Wednesday night, OK?
I'd love to tell you now what "Inside Sources" know but I've been sworn to secrecy, and the "Experts" are in a confidential closed door conference. Unsure how long the "Experts" will be unavailable as I saw the hotel staff just delivered a case of Whiskey and a new keg of beer into the conference room. :ugeek:

Two players from state champion Glacier HS verballed to the cats, RB Logan Jones and QB Brady McChesney...so did a strong safety/wide reciever from Billings Skyview named Tra'von Strong and a LB transfer from Cincinnati.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Two players from state champion Glacier HS verballed to the cats, RB Logan Jones and QB Brady McChesney...so did a strong safety/wide reciever from Billings Skyview named Tra'von Strong and a LB transfer from Cincinnati.

I think this kid could be a steal for them as a walk-on, he can make all the throws. Wouldn't be surprised to see him take over as starter once Prukop's gone.

Brady is a very good kid and a good player. But look at his hudl vid, look at MSU's full-ride commit Jordan Hoy from Texas, and consider Cramsey's offense, and I just don't see Brady winning the job in Bozeman, ever. Hoy looks like a Prukop clone.

havgrizfan said:
Brady is a very good kid and a good player. But look at his hudl vid, look at MSU's full-ride commit Jordan Hoy from Texas, and consider Cramsey's offense, and I just don't see Brady winning the job in Bozeman, ever. Hoy looks like a Prukop clone.

Just checked Hoy out, kid does look good. If I was betting on it I would probably not put money on McChesney starting in Bozeman ever, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he did at some point. I mean, who would have thought that Shay Smithwick-Hann would have played as much as he did for the Griz. A lot of things can change in a few years, injuries, transers, coaching changes, style of offense. Good walk-on pick up for them, talented kid.

Just saw on Butte Sports.com that Danny Peoples, Butte Central, to Griz as Kicker. He also punts and took BC to the A Title game as QB. I mentioned him earlier. Glad to see him a GRIZ!

Buttegrizzle said:
Just saw on Butte Sports.com that Danny Peoples, Butte Central, to Griz as Kicker. He also punts and took BC to the A Title game as QB. I mentioned him earlier. Glad to see him a GRIZ!

Would be nice to have ONE guy who kicks off, kicks FG's AND punts....instead of the FOUR we currently have occupying those positions.

AZGrizFan said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Would be nice to have ONE guy who kicks off, kicks FG's AND punts....instead of the FOUR we currently have occupying those positions.[/q

slickcoach2 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Would be nice to have ONE guy who kicks off, kicks FG's AND punts....instead of the FOUR we currently have occupying those positions.

very very surprised abt this... . seen him kick all thru hskool, decent solid kicker for hskool at Class A, not sure he has the leg strength & consistentcy to boom to end zone & his range ? Another former kicking recruit a few yrs back from Butte wasBerg, he was alot better in every aspect &something happened to him, thus transferred to Tech... Im not counting Peoples out, hes a hard worker ,

Latest posts

Back