• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana HS Football Recruits 2015

I mentioned Peoples in December! Glad to see the Grizz saw what he has. Slickcoach not sure about this class A, AA thing you talk about. A 70 yard kick off is a 70 yard kick off no matter what class your in, same with a 40 yard field goal. Go Grizz!

1bigsky said:
I mentioned Peoples in December! Glad to see the Grizz saw what he has. Slickcoach not sure about this class A, AA thing you talk about. A 70 yard kick off is a 70 yard kick off no matter what class your in, same with a 40 yard field goal. Go Grizz!
Ive seen him do it, i was talking on more of the level of consistency

Danny is a great pick up, will be able to contribute right when he gets there. One of the top kickers in the state.
Don’t need to be in a AA school to kick at this level. Some of the best kicker in the state are in class A and B.

1bigsky said:

The kid is a very good all around athlete as well...1st Team All-State QB in the Class A, led his football team to a state championship appearance (he can sling it or run), and a standout shooter on the b-ball team. If he can win the K/P job(s), that would be awesome because the kid is an athlete (not just a typical kicker). Former Helena High star QB/K Dan Carpenter (now All Pro K with the Dolphins) was another athlete/kicker.

The best pure kicker in the state that I have seen is Gabe Peppinger, Junior out of Sentinel. Plays soccer and wrestles also, but is really good. Spends a lot of time at camps working on it too. Would love to see him be a Griz.

slickcoach2 said:
slickcoach2 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Just saw on Butte Sports.com that Danny Peoples, Butte Central, to Griz as Kicker. He also punts and took BC to the A Title game as QB. I mentioned him earlier. Glad to see him a GRIZ!

Would be nice to have ONE guy who kicks off, kicks FG's AND punts....instead of the FOUR we currently have occupying those positions.

very very surprised abt this... . seen him kick all thru hskool, decent solid kicker for hskool at Class A, not sure he has the leg strength & consistentcy to boom to end zone & his range ? Another former kicking recruit a few yrs back from Butte wasBerg, he was alot better in every aspect &something happened to him, thus transferred to Tech... Im not counting Peoples out, hes a hard worker ,

Berg is A QB/kicker at tech. Sometimes it just comes down to who's on the roster. He had a guy named Johnson ahead at QB and that awesome little Canadian kid ahead of him at kicker.

Peoples will work very very hard. I pushed for him a while back because he is just a winner. Deep football roots in that family too. Uncle is on staff at Georgia Southern.

Buttegrizzle said:
slickcoach2 said:
slickcoach2 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Would be nice to have ONE guy who kicks off, kicks FG's AND punts....instead of the FOUR we currently have occupying those positions.

very very surprised abt this... . seen him kick all thru hskool, decent solid kicker for hskool at Class A, not sure he has the leg strength & consistentcy to boom to end zone & his range ? Another former kicking recruit a few yrs back from Butte wasBerg, he was alot better in every aspect &something happened to him, thus transferred to Tech... Im not counting Peoples out, hes a hard worker ,

Berg is A QB/kicker at tech. Sometimes it just comes down to who's on the roster. He had a guy named Johnson ahead at QB and that awesome little Canadian kid ahead of him at kicker.

Peoples will work very very hard. I pushed for him a while back because he is just a winner. Deep football roots in that family too. Uncle is on staff at Georgia Southern.

A lot of people speculated before signing day that Danny Peoples may go to Carroll because his dad was a QB for them.

Looks like its time to put this baby to rest...

And time for this Bear to rest a little...

Thanks for everyone that helped along the way...

IntuitiveGriz said:
This Shrine game selection was a nice suprise when I watched his tape. He plays mean and has a nice frame. Pretty fitting that he plays for Savage.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4079189/highlights/219838380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd like to see him get a preferred walk-on offer from the Griz. O, D or ST.

My FOOTBALL IQ never ceases to amaze. Back in Jan, I highlighted this unknown player, and now he is earning MVP in all-star games:

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/high-school/football/savage-s-ryder-rice-silencing--man-critics-with-all/article_9d513485-ce14-5652-9efd-6136e9a4c295.html

Today's Missoulian had an article on Corvallis' Jayce Gilder, who will be going to EWU this fall as a preferred walk-on. The article mentions that he is giving up a football scholarship to Montana Tech to attend EWU, but it doesn't say anything about either UM or MSU being interested in him. Were either the Cats or Griz interested in him walking on?

br fan said:
Today's Missoulian had an article on Corvallis' Jayce Gilder, who will be going to EWU this fall as a preferred walk-on. The article mentions that he is giving up a football scholarship to Montana Tech to attend EWU, but it doesn't say anything about either UM or MSU being interested in him. Were either the Cats or Griz interested in him walking on?

Boy, that's sounds like just about the worst decision a young fella could make. I hope he comes to his senses at some point.

IntuitiveGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
This Shrine game selection was a nice suprise when I watched his tape. He plays mean and has a nice frame. Pretty fitting that he plays for Savage.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4079189/highlights/219838380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd like to see him get a preferred walk-on offer from the Griz. O, D or ST.

My FOOTBALL IQ never ceases to amaze. Back in Jan, I highlighted this unknown player, and now he is earning MVP in all-star games:

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/high-school/football/savage-s-ryder-rice-silencing--man-critics-with-all/article_9d513485-ce14-5652-9efd-6136e9a4c295.html

Am I wrong in thinking that Pat Foster (former Griz and Rams draft pick) was from Savage?

[youtube]n[/youtube]
Paytonlives said:
Looks like its time to put this baby to rest...

And time for this Bear to rest a little...

Thanks for everyone that helped along the way...

Thanks Peyton!

Latest posts

Back