• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana vs North Dakota State on ESPN (2015)

IdaGriz01 said:
gohorns7 said:
College GameDay is not going to be there. It's the first college game of the year and the only game that weekend, I know. But they aren't going to bring GameDay when they will have no other games to talk about on what is normally like a 2 or 3 hour show.
I agree.

Still, let's not underestimate their ability to blather on about future games, the pre-season FBS polls, who's in the running for the Heisman, etc. etc. Why, I'll bet they could talk all of 20 minutes about the Griz and NDSU in the process. :D

I heard that they were planning on bringing Gameday to Missoula for the game but there was a recent sudden spike in negative emails from Griz fans to the ESPN Ombudsman that they decided to bag it...

Just kidding, Ida!

signedbewildered said:
I'm not sure what to think yet. A lot of hype leading up to this game and the week before will be unbearable.

We will kick off with a lot of confidence. Hopefully when the game is over we have even more.

Lots of hype except in the 98% of the country that doesn't know FCS exists. That's ok, it's great for us and NDSU (50% of all FCS fan bases?). I like the chances of Stitt leading UM back to success, but it's unrealistic to think he's going to win this one in his first outing. Happy to be wrong (again). :roll:

It is nice to have Stitt be able to see more Bison footage this year. May help plan for our next game.

srgrizizen said:
signedbewildered said:
I'm not sure what to think yet. A lot of hype leading up to this game and the week before will be unbearable.

We will kick off with a lot of confidence. Hopefully when the game is over we have even more.

Lots of hype except in the 98% of the country that doesn't know FCS exists. That's ok, it's great for us and NDSU (50% of all FCS fan bases?). I like the chances of Stitt leading UM back to success, but it's unrealistic to think he's going to win this one in his first outing. Happy to be wrong (again). :roll:

Hardly unrealistic. Even astute fans know what NDSU is all about. They run power, with a G scheme...pulling the guard so the center can downblock. It's big boy football. On the other side of the ball, they like to run the Tampa 2 defense...with two deep safeties and drop their middle linebacker deep down the middle of the field.

I could go on, but it would be pointless here, and now.

Regardless, coach Stitt knows his Stitt :!: UM's abilitity or non-ability to beat NDSU won't lie in their head coach, it will lie in the kids in pads. They need (especially the OL) to live in the weight room, otherwise NDSU will manhandle them again.

gohorns7 said:
College GameDay is not going to be there. It's the first college game of the year and the only game that weekend, I know. But they aren't going to bring GameDay when they will have no other games to talk about on what is normally like a 2 or 3 hour show.

Have to disagree. They will have the entire season to ponder and the preseason #1 etc. They have more then enough information to not talk about the FCS for 4 hours

putter said:
gohorns7 said:

Have to disagree. They will have the entire season to ponder and the preseason #1 etc. They have more then enough information to not talk about the FCS for 4 hours

I agree. They would have more than enough to cover. It would be great if Game Day were to make it to Missoula.

Ursa Major said:
IdaGriz01 said:
gohorns7 said:
I agree.

Still, let's not underestimate their ability to blather on about future games, the pre-season FBS polls, who's in the running for the Heisman, etc. etc. Why, I'll bet they could talk all of 20 minutes about the Griz and NDSU in the process. :D
I heard that they were planning on bringing Gameday to Missoula for the game but there was a recent sudden spike in negative emails from Griz fans to the ESPN Ombudsman that they decided to bag it...

Just kidding, Ida!
And you could be right. But apparently they've already retired the ombudsman. And, given they probably didn't want to hear some of what he said, it would not surprise me if they didn't replace him.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

putter said:
gohorns7 said:
Have to disagree. They will have the entire season to ponder and the preseason #1 etc. They have more then enough information to not talk about the FCS for 4 hours.
Yep. See my earlier comment ... but I like your turn of phrase way better. :lol:

westnodak93bison said:
How many tickets will be available for NDSU fans?

Nicholson.gif

putter said:
gohorns7 said:

Exactly! They could use the time to have a FBS season preview show.

fencer24 said:
My bad. Joe lost to Hofstra.
That Hofstra game was painful to watch. And as I recall, people were calling for Joe's head after that game. I'm kinda glad the administration didn't just listen to the masses and can him after one game...

srgrizizen said:
signedbewildered said:

Although 98% of the country may not know FCS exists, I can guarantee that more than half know that NDSU and Montana do.

j-cats80 said:
From what I've heard the game day to missoula is already a done deal. Wonder who corso will pick?

Corso and ESPN get off on NDSU, bunch of dbags...pretty sure the NDSU AD is letting the College Gameday crew bang his wife....who do you think they'll pick?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
j-cats80 said:
From what I've heard the game day to missoula is already a done deal. Wonder who corso will pick?

Corso and ESPN get off on NDSU, bunch of dbags...pretty sure the NDSU AD is letting the College Gameday crew bang his wife....who do you think they'll pick?

Come on man. What is with your constant hate of NDSU? We rarely play you, we don't really recruit against you, and have had about a 0% impact on your programs success or failure throughout the last 11 plus years (NDSU D1 era). NDSU has had a lot of success and has accomplished some pretty significant things, five consecutive victories over FBS opponents, three consecutive national championships and now a 4th straight appearance in the NC game. It is a unique rare story that ESPN thought would be great to showcase, and was proven correct due to the fact that the NDSU Gameday appearances were among the highest each year in TV ratings and were probably top 5 all time in regards to fan turnout.

I respect the hell out of UM for their accomplishments in the FCS, fan support, and overall class of the fan base. I am really looking forward to being in Missoula to watch the two best programs in the FCS go at it again. You just need to let go of your hate and be a good sport like 99% of the other Griz fans out there.

A nice Bison Alum coming to Msla? You will probably be sitting in the NW area designated for opposing teams fan group. You will enjoy listening to the North End Zone Crazies as they are true to their name in "loud". Toss in the "crazy" for extra sound as the scream at almost anything. You will enjoy Missoula and the entire game time experience. Many on Egriz will tell you the locations to stay and eat and drink and everything else.

Finally, I must admit we also respect the hell out of the Bison program and will enjoy the game, win lose or draw!

Umista said:
A nice Bison Alum coming to Msla? You will probably be sitting in the NW area designated for opposing teams fan group. You will enjoy listening to the North End Zone Crazies as they are true to their name in "loud". Toss in the "crazy" for extra sound as the scream at almost anything. You will enjoy Missoula and the entire game time experience. Many on Egriz will tell you the locations to stay and eat and drink and everything else.

Finally, I must admit we also respect the hell out of the Bison program and will enjoy the game, win lose or draw!

Our two programs are very similar in terms of fan support, Gameday atmosphere, tradition, etc. 99% of our fans are great people who are always respectful of other programs who win and support their teams. There are a few morons like Lakesbison who just ruin it.

Looking forward to Missoula and getting some fly fishing in on top of the game. Such a unique and great college town.

IMHO, I think BadlandsGrizz fan hates NDSU mainly out of the fact he elects to live in little Saudi Arabia, also known as Western North Dakota.

2011BisonAlumni said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
j-cats80 said:

Come on man. What is with your constant hate of NDSU? We rarely play you, we don't really recruit against you, and have had about a 0% impact on your programs success or failure throughout the last 11 plus years (NDSU D1 era). NDSU has had a lot of success and has accomplished some pretty significant things, five consecutive victories over FBS opponents, three consecutive national championships and now a 4th straight appearance in the NC game. It is a unique rare story that ESPN thought would be great to showcase, and was proven correct due to the fact that the NDSU Gameday appearances were among the highest each year in TV ratings and were probably top 5 all time in regards to fan turnout.

I respect the hell out of UM for their accomplishments in the FCS, fan support, and overall class of the fan base. I am really looking forward to being in Missoula to watch the two best programs in the FCS go at it again. You just need to let go of your hate and be a good sport like 99% of the other Griz fans out there.

Haha I don't hate NDSU at all, If the Griz aren't in contention I root for NDSU...I'm just saying the truth brotha! But you are correct..Watford City is not quite a destination spot for vacationers yet...hahaha

2011BisonAlumni said:
Umista said:

Our two programs are very similar in terms of fan support, Gameday atmosphere, tradition, etc. 99% of our fans are great people who are always respectful of other programs who win and support their teams. There are a few morons like Lakesbison who just ruin it.

Looking forward to Missoula and getting some fly fishing in on top of the game. Such a unique and great college town.

IMHO, I think BadlandsGrizz fan hates NDSU mainly out of the fact he elects to live in little Saudi Arabia, also known as Western North Dakota.

According to the last two NDSU games I watched, no. Not even close.

Latest posts

Back