• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana vs North Dakota State on ESPN (2015)

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Umista said:
A nice Bison Alum coming to Msla? You will probably be sitting in the NW area designated for opposing teams fan group. You will enjoy listening to the North End Zone Crazies as they are true to their name in "loud". Toss in the "crazy" for extra sound as the scream at almost anything. You will enjoy Missoula and the entire game time experience. Many on Egriz will tell you the locations to stay and eat and drink and everything else.

Finally, I must admit we also respect the hell out of the Bison program and will enjoy the game, win lose or draw!

Our two programs are very similar in terms of fan support, Gameday atmosphere, tradition, etc. 99% of our fans are great people who are always respectful of other programs who win and support their teams. There are a few morons like Lakesbison who just ruin it.

Looking forward to Missoula and getting some fly fishing in on top of the game. Such a unique and great college town.

IMHO, I think BadlandsGrizz fan hates NDSU mainly out of the fact he elects to live in little Saudi Arabia, also known as Western North Dakota.

According to the last two NDSU games I watched, no. Not even close.

Okay I guess. You can have your opinion. I have been to Washington Grizzly for two games. I am guessing you have not been to the Fargodome to watch a game or tailgated outside.

I will say one thing that is for sure. The atmosphere in the Fargodome was a heck of a lot better than WaGriz these past two weekends :)

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Umista said:
A nice Bison Alum coming to Msla? You will probably be sitting in the NW area designated for opposing teams fan group. You will enjoy listening to the North End Zone Crazies as they are true to their name in "loud". Toss in the "crazy" for extra sound as the scream at almost anything. You will enjoy Missoula and the entire game time experience. Many on Egriz will tell you the locations to stay and eat and drink and everything else.

Finally, I must admit we also respect the hell out of the Bison program and will enjoy the game, win lose or draw!

Our two programs are very similar in terms of fan support, Gameday atmosphere, tradition, etc. 99% of our fans are great people who are always respectful of other programs who win and support their teams. There are a few morons like Lakesbison who just ruin it.

Looking forward to Missoula and getting some fly fishing in on top of the game. Such a unique and great college town.

IMHO, I think BadlandsGrizz fan hates NDSU mainly out of the fact he elects to live in little Saudi Arabia, also known as Western North Dakota.

Okay I guess. You can have your opinion. I have been to Washington Grizzly for two games. I am guessing you have not been to the Fargodome to watch a game or tailgated outside.

Hahaha! No . . . I suppose I haven't been to Fargo, North Dakota lately. Just wasn't on the list this year, haha! In all seriousness, I was just basing it off of the fact that your gym looked very tame on TV compared to WA-GRIZ. Announcers didn't even have to raise their voices. I sure it's a really great time though.

This right here is 60 seconds of proof that Washington-Grizzly Stadium is by far the best in the FCS! :cool:

ESPN:
"We've been to some pretty cool places, but this has got to be the tops"
"Reminds me of Autzen Stadium... "

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2cmAVadiQ4[/youtube]

I'm sure the Fargodome is a fun atmosphere, but it can't beat WGS. :thumb:

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Umista said:

I will say one thing that is for sure. The atmosphere in the Fargodome was a heck of a lot better than WaGriz these past two weekends :)

I've been to 2 games in the Fargodome this year. One was the Montana game. I can say it is a different type of loud...Fargodome is more like banging a wrench on a metal pipe loud where Washington Grizzly is more like an army of 100k charging across a field loud.

...as far as tailgating, its a wash...It is cool how at the dome all the tailgates are just in one parking lot, but in Missoula you get more people and IMO I like the nice grassy knoll and shade from trees and the river atmosphere, but they are both very fun.

Fargodome has a better interaction between their student section and band for example there student section does certain cheers for a certain song the band plays...but WAGRIZ student section is much more rowdy. I think the different sections in the Fargodome are probably to blame for that with the student section being divided and split

Biggest difference is that they don't allow you to go outside and drink at halftime in the Fargodome so you feel hung-over by the 3rd quarter, while at WAGRIZ the crowd gets a reboot at halftime.

Both the fields are very similar to the sidelines and how the crowd is right on top of you. For a player you feel a little more suffocated at WAGRIZ though because there are more fans and they're a little more on top of you.

The video boards in the Fargodome are COMPLETE SHIT, I mean really you cant see replays and they have 4 of them. The Griz jumbo tron is the best I've seen in the FCS and apparently were getting it updated. Ultimately both are great game day experiences but I have to give the slight edge to WAGRIZ.

Good rundown. Maybe WA-GRIZ translates better to TV or something because the NDSU gym didn't even look like it belonged on the same planet in terms of atmosphere. Kind of reminiscent of a Spokane Shock game or indoor soccer.

One advantage of WA-Griz is you can wear any color shirt you like, you don't have to wear a yellow shirt in this section and a green one in that section. I kinda like that there isn't a section mom telling what color shirt I have to wear.

Grizbeer said:
One advantage of WA-Griz is you can wear any color shirt you like, you don't have to wear a yellow shirt in this section and a green one in that section. I kinda like that there isn't a section mom telling what color shirt I have to wear.

There are certain logistical and economic issues that come into play with that, Gbeer. The clothing industry only turns out so many 5X T-shirts in any given color...

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Hahaha! No . . . I suppose I haven't been to Fargo, North Dakota lately. Just wasn't on the list this year, haha! In all seriousness, I was just basing it off of the fact that your gym looked very tame on TV compared to WA-GRIZ. Announcers didn't even have to raise their voices. I sure it's a really great time though.

Just so you realize, the announcers are in a glass booth at NDSU that is sound proof if I am not mistaken. ESPN also utilizes sound dampening technology to make announcers better understood. Watched the 2011 Georgia Southern semi live and could not hear right for a few days afterwards. Watched the 2012 Georgia Southern game, which by all accounts was much louder, and TV couldn't do it justice.

WaGriz is awesome no doubt, but to say they aren't comparable is a joke. WaGriz is more enjoyable for me due to the scenery, but I think the Fargodome has a better tailgating scene and is louder.

No point in arguing though. They are currently the two best FCS Gameday experiences by far.

Yeah, I'm not really talking only about noise. Game day experience. The gym just doesn't look very rowdy on TV at all. WA-GRIZ usually does. The tailgates outside the gym might get wild and crazy, I'll definitely give you that. When North Dakotans get around food, watch the fuck out.

Ursa Major said:
Grizbeer said:

There are certain logistical and economic issues that come into play with that, Gbeer. The clothing industry only turns out so many 5X T-shirts in any given color...
makes sense - I assumed it had something to do with what color mustard they served at the concession stand closest to each section, but minimum lot sizes makes more sense than green mustard.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Just so you realize, the announcers are in a glass booth at NDSU that is sound proof if I am not mistaken. ESPN also utilizes sound dampening technology to make announcers better understood. Watched the 2011 Georgia Southern semi live and could not hear right for a few days afterwards. Watched the 2012 Georgia Southern game, which by all accounts was much louder, and TV couldn't do it justice.

WaGriz is awesome no doubt, but to say they aren't comparable is a joke. WaGriz is more enjoyable for me due to the scenery, but I think the Fargodome has a better tailgating scene and is louder.

No point in arguing though. They are currently the two best FCS Gameday experiences by far.

Again they're unmistakably two different types of loud. The Fargodome hurts your ears...just noise off metal and ductwork...lots of echo.....WAGRIZ is a smothering loud...where FD is an annoying loud! Both are equally affective....and again CDA the railings in the student section really divide up the student section which I think looks dump and kills the rowdiness...you will never have a scene like the above posted video of the WAGRIZ student section in the Fargodome.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Again they're unmistakably two different types of loud. The Fargodome hurts your ears...just noise off metal and ductwork...lots of echo.....WAGRIZ is a smothering loud...where FD is an annoying loud! Both are equally affective....and again CDA the railings in the student section really divide up the student section which I think looks dump and kills the rowdiness...you will never have a scene like the above posted video of the WAGRIZ student section in the Fargodome.

I think that is a pretty good assessment. NDSU games are a unique atmosphere inside of the Fargodome.

The Fargodome is very disciplined as well. When NDSU is playing offense, you could hear a mouse fart in that place. I remember being at WaGriz the first time in 2003 and UM was on offense. Fans were yelling and cheering pretty loud....never could figure that one out.

Gameday atmosphere at both places is almost identical afterwards though. Nearly identical home win percentage for both programs. Pretty neat that NDSU has never lost a playoff game inside the Fargodome.

This is a pointless argument though. Just a gigantic wiener measuring contest. Really looking forward to the game and maybe meeting some of you guys. Will be nice that ESPN gets to highlight two premiere programs in the FCS and not convince the non FCS viewership that they are watching a high school game, like they do when they watch EWU play.

2011BisonAlumni said:
I remember being at WaGriz the first time in 2003 and UM was on offense. Fans were yelling and cheering pretty loud....never could figure that one out.

i'll help you figure it out: you were sitting with your fellow nodaks.

westnodak93bison said:
How many tickets will be available for NDSU fans?

Would the contract have dictated how many tickets each team would get? IDK, just asking.

Also, I supposedly have two tickets from a Griz season ticket holder, and will be coming to game from eastern Nodak. Really, really looking forward to experiencing your tailgate and game atmospheres.

Yes, I am an NDSU fan, but have always had major respect for the Griz!! The Cats, on the other hand, can s*ck it!!

argh! said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
I remember being at WaGriz the first time in 2003 and UM was on offense. Fans were yelling and cheering pretty loud....never could figure that one out.

Wrong. Sat in the Montana section really close to the students.

2011BisonAlumni said:
argh! said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Wrong. Sat in the Montana section really close to the students.

Well there's your answer. You were sitting by a bunch of drunk students.

CAS4127 said:
westnodak93bison said:

Would the contract have dictated how many tickets each team would get? IDK, just asking.

Also, I supposedly have two tickets from a Griz season ticket holder, and will be coming to game from eastern Nodak. Really, really looking forward to experiencing your tailgate and game atmospheres.

Yes, I am an NDSU fan, but have always had major respect for the Griz!! The Cats, on the other hand, can s*ck it!!

You are welcome here any time after a post like that! Hope you have a great time in Missoula.

jbear said:
CAS4127 said:
westnodak93bison said:

You are welcome here any time after a post like that! Hope you have a great time in Missoula.

Yep those Montana State mouth breathers can be assured they will never get a game with NDSU again. I really wish they would have beat SDSU so we could have smoked their pansy asses. Little brother school just like UND.

2011BisonAlumni said:
jbear said:
CAS4127 said:
westnodak93bison said:

Yep those Montana State mouth breathers can be assured they will never get a game with NDSU again. I really wish they would have beat SDSU so we could have smoked their pansy asses. Little brother school just like UND.

Well that gets me in the Christmas spirit! :thumb:

I think 4 straight NCs (if they get the 4th) kinda creates an atmosphere any program would like to have, so I wouldn't be smackin 'on the Fargo boys. But on the issue of noise, I saw the decibel meter at the last couple of games in the Fargodome topping at about 100. Has it been measured at WA/Griz? I seem to recall it has, but I can't remember what it was.

Latest posts

Back