• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana vs North Dakota State on ESPN (2015)

srgrizizen said:
I think 4 straight NCs (if they get the 4th) kinda creates an atmosphere any program would like to have, so I wouldn't be smackin 'on the Fargo boys. But on the issue of noise, I saw the decibel meter at the last couple of games in the Fargodome topping at about 100. Has it been measured at WA/Griz? I seem to recall it has, but I can't remember what it was.

The decibel level at Washington-Grizzly Stadium last year for the EWU game was recorded at 111.3 decibels, which broke the record for the loudest stadium in the FCS. Some Griz fans have used their own devices and have had readings up to 117.3 decibels.

MsMaroon said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
jbear said:
CAS4127 said:
Would the contract have dictated how many tickets each team would get? IDK, just asking.

Also, I supposedly have two tickets from a Griz season ticket holder, and will be coming to game from eastern Nodak. Really, really looking forward to experiencing your tailgate and game atmospheres.

Yes, I am an NDSU fan, but have always had major respect for the Griz!! The Cats, on the other hand, can s*ck it!!

You are welcome here any time after a post like that! Hope you have a great time in Missoula.

Yep those Montana State mouth breathers can be assured they will never get a game with NDSU again. I really wish they would have beat SDSU so we could have smoked their pansy asses. Little brother school just like UND.

Well that gets me in the Christmas spirit! :thumb:

Isn't the eve of Christmas Eve the traditional beginning of Ms. Maroon's Holiday on Ice celebration? Filled with Christmas spirits the celebration lasts from December 22nd through the end of the last New Year's Day bowl game. **Except back in '07 when you turned really yellow on the 29th of December.

Let the Holiday on Ice Celebration begin:

70d896b07344fc28_whiskey.jpg

get'em_griz said:
srgrizizen said:
I think 4 straight NCs (if they get the 4th) kinda creates an atmosphere any program would like to have, so I wouldn't be smackin 'on the Fargo boys. But on the issue of noise, I saw the decibel meter at the last couple of games in the Fargodome topping at about 100. Has it been measured at WA/Griz? I seem to recall it has, but I can't remember what it was.

The decibel level at Washington-Grizzly Stadium last year for the EWU game was recorded at 111.3 decibels, which broke the record for the loudest stadium in the FCS. Some Griz fans have used their own devices and have had readings up to 117.3 decibels.

If anyone can pull up footage from the UNH and/or SHSU games in 2004, I believe ESPN measured it even louder then. Also, keep in mind that it's an exponential unit of measure. The gym in Fargo can't hold a candle to WA-GRIZ in terms of atmosphere. Never will.

CDAGRIZ said:
get'em_griz said:
srgrizizen said:

If anyone can pull up footage from the UNH and/or SHSU games in 2004, I believe ESPN measured it even louder then. Also, keep in mind that it's an exponential unit of measure. The gym in Fargo can't hold a candle to WA-GRIZ in terms of atmosphere. Never will.

Even louder than App State semis game a couple years back?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
get'em_griz said:
srgrizizen said:

This is where I wish we had decibel readers available for every game so we can compare games to each other.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
get'em_griz said:
srgrizizen said:

Not sure about that.

Isn't the eve of Christmas Eve the traditional beginning of Ms. Maroon's Holiday on Ice celebration? Filled with Christmas spirits the celebration lasts from December 22nd through the end of the last New Year's Day bowl game. **Except back in '07 when you turned really yellow on the 29th of December.

Let the Holiday on Ice Celebration begin:

70d896b07344fc28_whiskey.jpg

Why, how kind of you to remember! Once I get started, I don't. Remember much that is. :party:

griznation23 said:
ESPN and Bison fan base will see a true stadium with true
fans that rep a true "Nation". Go Griz!!!

Right.......NDSU sure wouldn't have anything like that. Some of you just kill me, LOL. Let's see......how many titles does NDSU have? Who is still playing football this season? Hmmm..... :D What is the title count in Missoula? I think the Griz uniforms are in storage right now.....

WYOBISONMAN, Are U planning on visiting Wa Griz on game day? Or are U one of those bison trollers slippin and slidin along on green soft buffalo chips? Big belt buckle and small p----!

get'em_griz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
get'em_griz said:

This is where I wish we had decibel readers available for every game so we can compare games to each other.

I can tell you, I was on the field for the semi-final game against UMASS and it was freaking cold and unbelievably loud! I had a headache by halftime...and it was not the alcohol

Oh my gawd, every thread on here in regards to NDSU turns to this.
Fargodome is louder than wagriz During the 2011 playoffs, the decibel level spiked past 130 decibels several times (Wikipedia fargodome) during coastal/sam there was numerous false starts .
NDSU has 3 soon to be 4 titles how can anyone on here disparage what they've done in the last 4 years? 57-3 record with 2 of those losses by 1.

NDSU will come to wagrizz with senior QB that should be top rated QB in nation.
NDSU will have the entire offense outside of Crockett and 1 OL.
NDSU defense line will be great with a star MLB.

Sorry GAMEDAY will not be there. NDSU fans will get tickets we always do.

Bisonation said:
Fargodome is louder than wagriz During the 2011 playoffs, the decibel level spiked past 130 decibels several times (Wikipedia fargodome) during coastal/sam there was numerous false starts .
NDSU has 3 soon to be 4 titles how can anyone on here disparage what they've done in the last 4 years? 57-3 record with 2 of those losses by 1.

If you are flying out to Missoula don't forget seat-belt extender1

bus_coach_seat_belt_extender_seatbelt_extension.jpg

Yea I did have seconds tonight, I'm up to 5 10 180 I'll keep an eye on that ;)

So griz fans are cheering for NDSU jan 10 so the champs come to town right?

Bisonation said:

Thanks for sharing. It's crazy how unbelievably lame the atmosphere in your gym looks on TV based on the claims of how amazing it is. Maybe it's the gym effect or something. I mean, it's not even really a dome, is it? It's more like an NBA arena, right?

Bisonation said:
I'm gonna leave this right here to quiet you all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIqTcbDq088[/youtube]

Rad. Looks like March Madness or the old Chicago Bulls starting lineups. Where are those weird nets in the end zones they usually use for arena games?

Fargo is just fine, fastest growing area in country with high incomes and oil money being spent and Minnesota has the lake cabins 30 miles away.

It's ok guys, pace yourselves we got like 7 months, I'll cheer my team on to a 4 peat then deal with you all. G'night!

Latest posts

Back