• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSN Sports picks Wentz to be No. 2 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the truth be known, I think everyone is a little surprised to see how successful Carson has been so far...I for one love to see it. I am not an Eagle fan, but I am an FCS fan and love what he is achieving thus far. I don't understand how Jeff Fisher can keep Goff on the bench? He will have to play him next year for sure?

reinell30 said:
If the truth be known, I think everyone is a little surprised to see how successful Carson has been so far...I for one love to see it. I am not an Eagle fan, but I am an FCS fan and love what he is achieving thus far. I don't understand how Jeff Fisher can keep Goff on the bench? He will have to play him next year for sure?

Goff looked horrible in the preseason. Zero pocket awareness. They are 2-1 right now so unless they fall out of playoff contention, I don't think you will see Goff play.

2011BisonAlumni said:
reinell30 said:

Goff looked horrible in the preseason. Zero pocket awareness. They are 2-1 right now so unless they fall out of playoff contention, I don't think you will see Goff play.

I don't think he plays either, but I have to ask, how do you justify the number 1 draft choice sitting the bench. I am sure he is getting big bucks from his contract. And he doesn't play this year, will Case Keenum stay another season... will Goff play next year? I think he will have to be given the chance or traded or...

reinell30 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
reinell30 said:

I don't think he plays either, but I have to ask, how do you justify the number 1 draft choice sitting the bench. I am sure he is getting big bucks from his contract. And he doesn't play this year, will Case Keenum stay another season... will Goff play next year? I think he will have to be given the chance or traded or...

Only way you can justify it is if you continue to win games. I'm sure Jeff will finish 8-8 again this year and get a contract extension. I have to feel for Goff a bit. Certainly doesn't look like he landed in the right spot from a developmental standpoint. Wentz is pretty fortunate to be where he is at from a coaching standpoint. Now if he could just get some receivers who can catch the dam ball.....

Wentz is fun to watch. Going to be special career if he keeps getting it done like this.

2011BisonAlumni said:
reinell30 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
reinell30 said:

Only way you can justify it is if you continue to win games. I'm sure Jeff will finish 8-8 again this year and get a contract extension. I have to feel for Goff a bit. Certainly doesn't look like he landed in the right spot from a developmental standpoint. Wentz is pretty fortunate to be where he is at from a coaching standpoint. Now if he could just get some receivers who can catch the dam ball.....

I think the Rams go 10-6 and make the playoffs this season.
Receivers for Wentz? No interceptions thru 3 games in a rookie season is pretty special!

They just shut down the Steelers and scored 34 points in the process, can't complain about that.

Chicago will be after a QB real soon, Cutler sucks and needs to go away. I can see Keenum on his way there...

reinell30 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
reinell30 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Receivers for Wentz? No interceptions thru 3 games in a rookie season is pretty special!

They just shut down the Steelers and scored 34 points in the process, can't complain about that.

Chicago will be after a QB real soon, Cutler sucks and needs to go away. I can see Keenum on his way there...

Eagles are once again near the top in dropped passes. Jordan Matthews is leading the way with 3. There were two horrible dropped TD passes against the Bears and yesterday DGB dropped a 40 yard TD pass.

2011BisonAlumni said:
reinell30 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
reinell30 said:

Eagles are once again near the top in dropped passes. Jordan Matthews is leading the way with 3. There were two horrible dropped TD passes against the Bears and yesterday DGB dropped a 40 yard TD pass.

Agree, that is way too many drops...got to clean it up...especially NFL caliber receivers. Even with those, Carson is looking fantastic!

East Coast writers and fans, per their posted comments, seem to think the big tall guy just fell off a tractor and that the Eagles coaches, including Doug Pederson and Frank Reich, did a My Fair Lady transformation - not realizing that he got his basic schooling at NDSU running the same pro style game he's running in Philly.

As for looking to a higher power, Wentz obviously has benefited from some extraordinary good fortune.
(1) The Rams pass on him (2) The Browns (ugh) pass on him (3) He goes to Philly to ride the pines, but...(4) Teddy Bridgewater goes down forcing the Vikings to pay a king's ransom in draft picks to get Sam Bradford and (5) Wentz becomes the guy on a team that's probably the best fit of the aforementioned three teams.

That's sorta like drawing into a royal flush.

Very glad carson is killing it. I'm a L.A guy, saw Goff play and watched Wentz on T.V and couldn't believe the Rams passed on him. Although the Rams are 2-1 the fans are calling for the heads of the brain trust that picked a spread QB who can't take snap from under center.

ancillary said:
Very glad carson is killing it. I'm a L.A guy, saw Goff play and watched Wentz on T.V and couldn't believe the Rams passed on him. Although the Rams are 2-1 the fans are calling for the heads of the brain trust that picked a spread QB who can't take snap from under center.

It's great for the FCS!

I don't get it. Time and time again you see those spread offense players fail, but they will continue to question the level of competition from the small school guys. All four of the first round QB's picked from the FCS (prior to Wentz being drafted) started in the super bowl. Three of those guys have been the super bowl MVP and the one who lost was the league MVP one year. Of the D2 QB's picked in the first round, Terry Bradshaw was a hall of fame QB. Ken O'Brien was a pretty good QB on some horrible Jets teams, made a few pro bowls and was the AFC player of the year in 1985. Phil Simms was a two time super bowl champion, had multiple pro bowl appearances and was the MVP of the league in 1986. You really can't find any small school guys who have been a complete failure.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Come on it's fun to read through the 9 pages of Wentz failure predictions...

That's a failure. There were Griz fans more confident than some Bison fans that he'd do well.

*edit... I never doubted him. I only ever said he wouldn't be the 1st QB taken.

I am astonished at how good Wentz has played and damn, he surely passes the "eye test". I love it. (and his last loss is still in WaGriz.) What is funny to me is it has only been the last few years that a rookie QB has been even allowed to play. They were usually regulated to the bench for several years. My, how our expecations have changed.

grizcountry420 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
Gigantic bust in the NFL is my prediction. Unless they try to make him a pure pocket passer and take away his running. Then he'll be a Gary Kubiak type player.....best clipboard holder in the NFL.

Boy you look like a genius with this prediction lol.

and you look like the biggest fooking douche bag on this board for digging up a post thats 5 months old. Nice work gravy train!

:clap:
CDA is one of many year round posters here who doesn't know a f.....g thing about the game of football. There were a dozen or so football heads who could see Wentz was very special and a slam dunk disregarding injury. He is managing the NFL arena with the same good habits he learned at previous football levels. The only response you will see from these d-bags is infantile deflections which lift their insecurity in a feeble attempt at comprehending the game of football. Thousands of compiled dog shit posts about clowns and fairies substantiate my comments. Now, with 3 games under the Grizzlies belt one might be able to make accurate and intelligent comments regarding this years squad... :egriz:

rimrockgriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
Gigantic bust in the NFL is my prediction. Unless they try to make him a pure pocket passer and take away his running. Then he'll be a Gary Kubiak type player.....best clipboard holder in the NFL.

and you look like the biggest fooking douche bag on this board for digging up a post thats 5 months old. Nice work gravy train!

CDA is one of many year round posters here who doesn't know a f.....g thing about the game of football.

You've cut me deep. :lol:

CDAGRIZ said:
rimrockgriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

CDA is one of many year round posters here who doesn't know a f.....g thing about the game of football.

Isn't that how it is with the ones you love?: Talk to me about how we lost the game on Saturday. What did you think about the consecutive turnovers inside our own 20? Do you think JLM can take the beating of over 20 touches a game on offense? What do you think about getting Calhoun more touches out of the backfield... :egriz:

rimrockgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
rimrockgriz said:
grizcountry420 said:

Isn't that how it is with the ones you love?: Talk to me about how we lost the game on Saturday. What did you think about the consecutive turnovers inside our own 20? Do you think JLM can take the beating of over 20 touches a game on offense? What do you think about getting Calhoun more touches out of the backfield... :egriz:

Off subject...so what else is new on egriz?

AZGrizFan said:

Leading the NFL in passing TD’s, every single passing statistic on third down, has his team in first place in the NFC and best record in the NFL, and is currently a front runner for MVP.

Great prediction dude!

2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:

Leading the NFL in passing TD’s, every single passing statistic on third down, has his team in first place in the NFC and best record in the NFL, and is currently a front runner for MVP.

Great prediction dude!

Not to mention Wentz has been an incredible role model with his volunteering. He is also an incredible leader. He possesses the skills and the intangibles to be a franchise quarterback for the next 10+ years, assuming no major injuries. Philadelphia loves this dude!

go96griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:

Great prediction dude!

Not to mention Wentz has been an incredible role model with his volunteering. He is also an incredible leader. He possesses the skills and the intangibles to be a franchise quarterback for the next 10+ years, assuming no major injuries. Philadelphia loves this dude!

wentz is becoming a rock star in Philly...l have family and friends in the area and there already talking
superbowl..I don't watch NFL anymore but break protocol when wentz plays..the kid is talented, stable
and is a born winner..something the NFL needs these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back