• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSN Sports picks Wentz to be No. 2 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
grizghost said:
go96griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
Gigantic bust in the NFL is my prediction. Unless they try to make him a pure pocket passer and take away his running. Then he'll be a Gary Kubiak type player.....best clipboard holder in the NFL.

Leading the NFL in passing TD’s, every single passing statistic on third down, has his team in first place in the NFC and best record in the NFL, and is currently a front runner for MVP.

Great prediction dude!

Not to mention Wentz has been an incredible role model with his volunteering. He is also an incredible leader. He possesses the skills and the intangibles to be a franchise quarterback for the next 10+ years, assuming no major injuries. Philadelphia loves this dude!

wentz is becoming a rock star in Philly...l have family and friends in the area and there already talking
superbowl..I don't watch NFL anymore but break protocol when wentz plays..the kid is talented, stable
and is a born winner..something the NFL needs these days!

The loss of Jason Peters is a huge blow to that team. I’ve thought the Eagles O-line, interior specifically, have been shaky at best all year, so this is going to be damaging.

With that being said, I’m not sure the NFL has seen a QB with these kind of intangibles in a very long time. Maybe Luck, but I think Wentz has a superior arm. The only QB I’ve seen in year two with his pre snap ability is Peyton Manning.

2011BisonAlumni said:
grizghost said:
go96griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Leading the NFL in passing TD’s, every single passing statistic on third down, has his team in first place in the NFC and best record in the NFL, and is currently a front runner for MVP.

Great prediction dude!

Not to mention Wentz has been an incredible role model with his volunteering. He is also an incredible leader. He possesses the skills and the intangibles to be a franchise quarterback for the next 10+ years, assuming no major injuries. Philadelphia loves this dude!

wentz is becoming a rock star in Philly...l have family and friends in the area and there already talking
superbowl..I don't watch NFL anymore but break protocol when wentz plays..the kid is talented, stable
and is a born winner..something the NFL needs these days!

The loss of Jason Peters is a huge blow to that team. I’ve thought the Eagles O-line, interior specifically, have been shaky at best all year, so this is going to be damaging.

With that being said, I’m not sure the NFL has seen a QB with these kind of intangibles in a very long time. Maybe Luck, but I think Wentz has a superior arm. The only QB I’ve seen in year two with his pre snap ability is Peyton Manning.
Maybe give HC some credit. Installing offense that Carson is familiar with and giving him freedom to change plays. Carson is special not taking anything away from the guy.

2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
Gigantic bust in the NFL is my prediction. Unless they try to make him a pure pocket passer and take away his running. Then he'll be a Gary Kubiak type player.....best clipboard holder in the NFL.

Great prediction dude!

Wasn't it tho? :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:

Great prediction dude!

You should be a consultant for the Griz and assist with recruiting.

2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:

Great prediction dude!

You don't need to be an asswipe about it. I was very hard on e-grizzers for their predictions about Wentz, mostly because they were made out of jealousy and resentment, instead of common sense.

That said, there is never a crystal ball on draft prospects, and there is no way you could have predicted the level of success he has had thus far. It's pretty easy to come back now and say I told ya so.

2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:

Great prediction dude!

Well, I would but I can't take the massive pay cut. :thumb:

Raider said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Great prediction dude!

You don't need to be an asswipe about it. I was very hard on e-grizzers for their predictions about Wentz, mostly because they were made out of jealousy and resentment, instead of common sense.

That said, there is never a crystal ball on draft prospects, and there is no way you could have predicted the level of success he has had thus far. It's pretty easy to come back now and say I told ya so.

I apologize for that.

I don’t think you could have easily predicted this level of success, but yes you were correct in the fact that a huge majority of this board had predictions almost entirely based out of jealousy.

AZGrizFan said:

This thread is a hoot to read!

2011BisonAlumni said:
Raider said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:

I apologize for that.

I don’t think you could have easily predicted this level of success, but yes you were correct in the fact that a huge majority of this board had predictions almost entirely based out of jealousy.

Mine was based on nothing of the sort, but solely on the fact that most QB's taken in the top 5 are busts statistically compared to what they're paid. For every Peyton Manning there's 5 JaMarcus Russell's...glad Carson wasn't Jamarcus. :thumb:

2011BisonAlumni said:
Raider said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:

I apologize for that.

Eagles got out to a fast start last year too.....lets not give them all the awards just yet.

AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Raider said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

I apologize for that.

Mine was based on nothing of the sort, but solely on the fact that most QB's taken in the top 5 are busts statistically compared to what they're paid. For every Peyton Manning there's 5 JaMarcus Russell's...glad Carson wasn't Jamarcus. :thumb:

No one of your biggest arguments was that he couldn’t throw the ball and they would take away his ability to run, which was why he was so successful in college.

Not sure even then how you could make that assessment given the fact that elite arm talent and ability to read defenses was why he was as highly coveted as he was.

The busts you referenced are all easy to see coming out of college. Either lack of maturity/off the field issues are glaring before the draft or they didn’t play in a system in college where you could easily say they would be a good NFL QB. There are actually very few Round 1 busts who have no glaring off the field red flags, who come from pro style offenses and who have every physical measurable tool.

2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Raider said:

I apologize for that.

No one of your biggest arguments was that he couldn’t throw the ball and they would take away his ability to run, which was why he was so successful in college.

Not sure even then how you could make that assessment given the fact that elite arm talent and ability to read defenses was why he was as highly coveted as he was.

The busts you referenced are all easy to see coming out of college. Either lack of maturity/off the field issues are glaring before the draft or they didn’t play in a system in college where you could easily say they would be a good NFL QB. There are actually very few Round 1 busts who have no glaring off the field red flags, who come from pro style offenses and who have every physical measurable tool.
You need to take a course in reading comprehension. In ONE post I said he wasn't that great of a passer. I made at least 30 posts in this thread, I don't think that makes it one of my "biggest arguments". My BIG argument was the fact that the chances of him being a bust went up the further up the draft board he went. And as I restated a moment ago, there's ample evidence to prove the point. I ALSO stated, multiple times, that I hoped I was wrong and that he was successful, for ALL of FCS's sake....so there's that.

And if those busts are so easy to see, why do the trained, highly paid professionals miss so frequently?

In other news, I remember when some people were being meanies on the Sam Houston board about Trumaine Johnson and how he wouldn't be a great NFL corner. Has anyone gone over to that board to dig up those threads? No?

Oh. Weird.

CDAGRIZ said:
In other news, I remember when some people were being meanies on the Sam Houston board about Trumaine Johnson and how he wouldn't be a great NFL corner. Has anyone gone over to that board to dig up those threads? No?

Oh. Weird.

Do it.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Oh. Weird.

Do it.

I can't go full douche like that.

I felt Wentz had the physical ability to be successful in the NFL and more importantly the character and mental ability and I still think I was right. I could not have and would not have bet on it. He is doing well and I hope he continues to do so. It is early in his career and I dont think we can say where he will be in overall success but he is starting well. Probably one of Alpha's better evals of a player

Calm down holy fuck. He's a 2nd year QB with a great team/coach around him.

He woulda been a bust if he went to Cleveland.

He's been playing great so far but QB play is so so so reliant on where you're at. AKA Alex Smith and EVERY Patriot QB

Eriul said:
Calm down holy f***. He's a 2nd year QB with a great team/coach around him.

He woulda been a bust if he went to Cleveland.

He's been playing great so far but QB play is so so so reliant on where you're at. AKA Alex Smith and EVERY Patriot QB

Meh I don’t know. Their offensive line has been below average all year and now will really struggle with the loss of Peters. I still think they struggle with their running game. I’ll give you Ertz being a great TE and decent receivers. Biggest difference from last year as the Eagles had statistically the worst receiving core in football. Something like 8 dropped TD passes last year.

Agree it is early, but he is making plays that very few QB’s have ever been physically been able to make.

As far as being a bust in Cleveland......Tom Brady could walk into Cleveland and would be a bust. ANY QB would be a bust there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back