• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

msu at NAU Game Thread

havgrizfan said:
I wasn't able to watch this game, I was at a benefit, and was actually following it on the BN game thread, as well as ESPNcom. I saw on BN something about emails being read during the game from Griz fans? Can anyone elaborate on this. Words that were used to describe the emails were "offensive" and "trolling" What did the actual e-mails say?

Just Griz fans saying they were rooting for NAU, or enjoying watching NAU winning. Nothing offensive. Only trolling if you have delicate feelings.

Inland NW Griz said:
havgrizfan said:
I wasn't able to watch this game, I was at a benefit, and was actually following it on the BN game thread, as well as ESPNcom. I saw on BN something about emails being read during the game from Griz fans? Can anyone elaborate on this. Words that were used to describe the emails were "offensive" and "trolling" What did the actual e-mails say?

Just Griz fans saying they were rooting for NAU, or enjoying watching NAU winning. Nothing offensive. Only trolling if you have delicate feelings.

IMO the NAU announcers are the best and classiest announcers in the BSC. And yes, they have been reading emails for year and they are always respectful of the competition.

Mmont said:
If you look at last season, the Cats did many going for it on fourth down and were successful. They did more than average fake punts that were a success too. Stitt has not done much in that way this year. The Griz defense is what has been really good. The offense has sucked!

This offense is predicated on good QB play. Except for the NDSU game, our QB's have been subpar. In the NDSU game we accomplished a win that couldn't happen even in a Rob Ash wet dream. Oh, and even with so-so QB play so far - and it's reasonable to think it will only get better - we have 0 conference losses. The Scats already have 2...

Mmont said:
If you look at last season, the Cats did many going for it on fourth down and were successful. They did more than average fake punts that were a success too. Stitt has not done much in that way this year. The Griz defense is what has been really good. The offense has sucked!

Under the leadership of Stitt we are 2-0 in conference and we beat....well you know. So how are things working for Risky Business Ron?

I feel a little bad about the comment I made about Cants defense peaking last week. They are likely to have a decent game against East Tennessee State......maybe.

cclarkblues said:
Inland NW Griz said:
havgrizfan said:

IMO the NAU announcers are the best and classiest announcers in the BSC. And yes, they have been reading emails for year and they are always respectful of the competition.

I thought they were good too. The least homerish that i've heard in the conference. The Weber bball guys are horrible!

Grizz Man said:
Mmont said:

This offense is predicated on good QB play. Except for the NDSU game, our QB's have been subpar. In the NDSU game we accomplished a win that couldn't happen even in a Rob Ash wet dream. Oh, and even with so-so QB play so far - and it's reasonable to think it will only get better - we have 0 conference losses. The Scats already have 2...

I think 1.

Some guy I know let me know about the new Good Book. I burned his house down twice, so I'm putting this here:

gQ0YzI.jpg

Edit to credit Ursa.

signedbewildered said:
Grizz Man said:
Mmont said:

I think 1.

Maybe, but they've lost to Eastern WA and NAU. I know our Poly game was pre-conference.

Grizz Man said:
signedbewildered said:
Grizz Man said:
Mmont said:

I think 1.

Maybe, but they've lost to Eastern WA and NAU. I know our Poly game was pre-conference.

EWU wasn't conference game.

Mmont said:
The Cats have one conference loss to nau. EWU was non conference.

So, Ron not only scheduled Fort Benton State and Eastern Tennessee Tech, but also got to avoid playing EWU as a conference game? We're into October and the Cats have a grand total of one DI win. One. How many can Ron drop and still remain playoff eligible?

mcg said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Some guy I know let me know about the new Good Book. I burned his house down twice, so I'm putting this here:

gQ0YzI.jpg

Edit to credit Ursa.

POY

This is all Ursa's work. He posted it in a thread that got 86ed. More eyes needed to see it. I think it's brilliant.

Absolutely brilliant. Everything kitty in 4 photos and 18 words. Genius. Thx Ursa.

“This is not the NFL where you can go to the waiver wire and we have a phrase in our program which is never complain about your personnel and I will never do that,” Ash said. “Our guys try hard and they are good kids, they work hard and they are athletic. We have to be better coaches on technique of playing those plays and make them the best players they can be and we will do that. We are not that far off some of the time. It’s a technique thing of knowing when to look back for the ball and if we keep coaching them and give them situations in practice, I think they will get better. We have to get better.”
:shock:

I've never seen a coach with less confidence in one facet of the game then coach Ron ash has with his defense. I've see coaches squib kick, for example, if they don't trust their kick coverage team. But to make decisions KNOWING your defense won't stop a gnat is just bizarre. And that's why ash faked the FG, went for two, and kept trying insides. He knew that his D wouldn't stop NAU from mArching right down the filed.

I'm sure Ione feels the love.

UMGriz75 said:
“This is not the NFL where you can go to the waiver wire and we have a phrase in our program which is never complain about your personnel and I will never do that,” Ash said. “Our guys try hard and they are good kids, they work hard and they are athletic. We have to be better coaches on technique of playing those plays and make them the best players they can be and we will do that. We are not that far off some of the time. It’s a technique thing of knowing when to look back for the ball and if we keep coaching them and give them situations in practice, I think they will get better. We have to get better.”
:shock:

Bahahaha! That's all he does!

Also I have it on good authority that Ursa is at some out of the way B&B in Oregon, getting some much-needed sex with the GF. Im led to believe that lasted only about 3 minutes, but they Ursa has no internet connection. I'm certain he can add to this thread after fluids and a rerun to civilization.

Latest posts

Back