• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Murray - II

grizpsych said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
This has turned into an utterly fascinating deep-dive into the many-tentacled history of 4B's restaurant. Bravo and thank you to all who've been able to add some small piece to what really is a pretty complicated puzzle! :clap:

My boss at Prime Time would clock on at 2, yell at us, and then sit at the bar and drink a pitcher of beer one glass at a time. He was stabbed by a transient one night when he left work. That happened about two weeks after I quit. :thumb:

It was a mere flesh wound. And I clearly stand behind my management practices.

grizpsych said:
Ursa Major said:
grizpsych said:
alabamagrizzly said:
I cooked at 4B’s for about 10 years and was so bummed when they closed. Glad they were brought back. The BBIT’s and CFS’s were 🎼awesome🎼!!

4bsrecipe.jpg

I would stay away from ordering this with all the cream.
I make it with half and half.

If you go to one cup onion, one cup chopped celery, and 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, and at the end add 4 cups cooked tri-color rotini you will taste Caramel Waffle Cookie tomato basil....

grizpsych said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
This has turned into an utterly fascinating deep-dive into the many-tentacled history of 4B's restaurant. Bravo and thank you to all who've been able to add some small piece to what really is a pretty complicated puzzle! :clap:

My boss at Prime Time would clock on at 2, yell at us, and then sit at the bar and drink a pitcher of beer one glass at a time. He was stabbed by a transient one night when he left work. That happened about two weeks after I quit. :thumb:

I got my first job at the 4B’s in Havre after the waitress called the cops on the fry cook who was in the basement smoking dope with the dishwasher. They were both arrested, which led to a job opening. The waitress had put a ticket up on the wheel and this was not the first time the cook was downstairs getting loaded instead of cooking her order. The manager did not want to lose his cook even though he had been arrested for getting stoned on the job, so the waitress called the headquarters in Missoula and the manager was left with no choice but to fire the dude. Things were a little different in 1978 and it wasn’t just the liver and onions on the menu.

Ursa Major said:
grizpsych said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

The ER doc who sewed you up did a bang up job of stitching. Making a knife wound into a bumblebee was genius.

bgbigdog said:
Ursa Major said:
grizpsych said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

The ER doc who sewed you up did a bang up job of stitching. Making a knife wound into a bumblebee was genius.

I've said it for years, chicks did scars.

Bear Axed said:
wait...wait ....
Back to that Caramel Waffle Cookie thingy.

Hey, one of the benefits of a big nose is a discerning pallet. One of my hobbies is busting recipes. My finest was Windmill batter and bbq sauce for bbq shrimp. Stupidly simple, like most good recipes are.

grizpsych said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

You became a transient in only two weeks?

The only thing that enhances that soup is a good hot sauce. For a tomato based soup like this, I prefer a hot sauce that is heavy in vinegar. Tabasco is the choice for this soup. Lots of cracked pepper as well.

EverettGriz said:
Just so I’m clear: Murray is a non-plumbing elitist from the reservation who puts a random cream into some soup at a 4Bs, and who may have taken a black angus named Lil to prom.

This is clarifying and unifying in a way one seldom sees outside of a USA TODAY full colour pie-chart. Well Done!!!!

Yukon said:
I had to make this soup last night. It was good!

Yeah. It's great! :thumb:

Pro tip: Use Mayonnaise rather than butter to spread on the outside of a grilled cheese sandwich. You will get a much better crust.

At some point we need to discuss Duper Sauce. The one that was made at 93 Stop and Go and then later at Mullan Station.

grizpsych said:
At some point we need to discuss Duper Sauce. The one that was made at 93 Stop and Go and then later at Mullan Station.

We might need a recipe thread in the locker room.

Ursa Major said:
grizpsych said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

Ha! In no way would that ahole ever make that reference.

grizpsych said:
Ursa Major said:
grizpsych said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

Ha! In no way would that ahole ever make that reference.
:thumb:

This thread could not have turned out better. It's good to useful information during the summer doldrums.

Back