• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ndsu and Alabama continue to prove that D wins championships

Well I am in the clear....he initiated our discussion and I surely didn't recruit. I have not told him, but I think he would be better off going elsewhere for a variety of reasons

Ursus1 said:
Well I am in the clear....he initiated our discussion and I surely didn't recruit. I have not told him, but I think he would be better off going elsewhere for a variety of reasons

curious why you would think a kid is better off going somewhere other than UM...

grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:

curious why you would think a kid is better off going somewhere other than UM...

Amount of scholarship money offered to pay for education , degree choices a better fit. Heart says UM, brain says another.

Ursus1 said:
grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:

Amount of scholarship money offered to pay for education , degree choices a better fit. Heart says UM, brain says another.

fair enough...both great reasons...

AZGrizFan said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
How'd Oregon look today?

Great until VA went out.

And they had a bunch of 3&outs, quickly, because that's how they roll, and their defense got tired, and they let an otherwise beaten team back in the game and got beat at the end because their D played like shit in the second half.

The offense first mentality has made that program SOFT, and it killed them last night.

Someone here claimed the QB cupboard @ Oreo wasn't bare when all the fuss over shooter coming in occurred. Clearly it is based on what occurred last night or Pcup wouldn't have been such a priority this winter. TCU could have folded, but decided to make Oreo's backup beat them with his arm, and played well enough on offense in the second half with their backup to do so. Had shooter stayed healthy and in the game, Oreo wins in a rout.

AZGrizFan said:
There's no reason you can't have a "score lots of points" offense AND a dominating defense/defensive line. It's not like they're mutually exclusive.

This absolutely SHOULD be true.

But, teams tend to take on the tendencies of their head coach. Alabama has been defense oriented since Saban arrived. He hired Lane Kiffin to add needed offensive explosiveness. It is working.

TCU has been a defense oriented team for years...added offense.

Any examples of offense oriented teams...successfully adding complimentary defense? Oregon has not managed it well IMO.

Will the Griz?

LongTimeCatFan said:
How'd Oregon look today?

Great until Adams went down....obviously he is the difference for that team. If he had stayed healthy all year, good chance they were one of the final 4.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
There's no reason you can't have a "score lots of points" offense AND a dominating defense/defensive line. It's not like they're mutually exclusive.

But, teams tend to take on the tendencies of their head coach. Alabama has been defense oriented since Saban arrived. He hired Lane Kiffin to add needed offensive explosiveness. It is working.

Any examples of offense oriented teams...successfully adding complimentary defense? Oregon has not managed it well IMO.

Will the Griz?

Well UM has been more of a defensive team for years too. We are just now adding an offense.

get'em_griz said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Will the Griz?

Well UM has been more of a defensive team for years too. We are just now adding an offense.

Awesome if true. But, I believe team will take on Stitt's tendencies...Patterson and Saban are defensive guys.

Buttegrizzle said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
How'd Oregon look today?

:lol: about the same as it will next year at this time if Prukop is The Man. What a ducksaster.

Prukop is absolutely the starter next year. Geez, they're awful at QB without these Big Sky all Americans

LongTimeCatFan said:
Buttegrizzle said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
How'd Oregon look today?

:lol: about the same as it will next year at this time if Prukop is The Man. What a ducksaster.

Prukop is absolutely the starter next year. Geez, they're awful at QB without these Big Sky all Americans

Amazing. How can Oregon not recruit quarterbacks...out of high school? So damn strange to me.

SoldierGriz said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Buttegrizzle said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
How'd Oregon look today?

Amazing. How can Oregon not recruit quarterbacks...out of high school? So damn strange to me.

Better yet, why can't they do a better job developing QB's like EWU and MSU. Neither one of those guys were very good coming out of high school. They got good coaching and put in the extra work to make themselves good.

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:

but that is not what people are getting it....they are questioning the priority that Stitt puts on the defensive side of the ball....

Don Read adjusted while at Missoula; continuing to have exceptionally good offensive production and building better Griz defensive teams in 1994 and 1995. I believe that Stitt will build on what has been successful, and strengthening the weaker areas exposed by teams like NDSU (both games).

LongTimeCatFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Better yet, why can't they do a better job developing QB's like EWU and MSU. Neither one of those guys were very good coming out of high school. They got good coaching and put in the extra work to make themselves good.

With a .500 record against DI teams in his career, Pukrop is the ultimate Bobcat!

LongTimeCatFan said:
Buttegrizzle said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
How'd Oregon look today?

I agree. We saw how bad Oregon was behind Adams...Prukop goes in as the heir apparent.

Back