• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ndsu and Alabama continue to prove that D wins championships

Maxim said:
Alabama and Ndsu have a lot in common in that they both win titles with a domimating defense and solid run game. Biggest keys to their success if having the best defensive and offensive lines in football. They dominate in the trenches. And it's interesting because the title matchups for both are similar both will face the #1 team who scores lots of points because of their dual threat qb. They have both faced high powered offenses in the past but still win because they execute so well. Can the Griz Win titles with just a high powered O? Hasn't worked out for Oregon. That is why we need an upgrade over Gregorak because that d is not dominant enough to win championships and I think Stitt realive that.

Please tell me you realize the offense won those games. Key - was quarterback. Small minded if you do not acknowledge that.

Paytonlives said:
Prokup is no VA... His decision to leave msu was a really bad one.

PrUkOp is no VAJ. I agree, but he's a ton better than Lockie. Lockie can't make decisions and can't make the throws.

So Prukop is no doubt the starter next year. OfaceU is THAT desperate.... Again

LongTimeCatFan said:
Paytonlives said:
Prokup is no VA... His decision to leave msu was a really bad one.

PrUkOp is no VAJ. I agree, but he's a ton better than Lockie. Lockie can't make decisions and can't make the throws.

So Prukop is no doubt the starter next year. OfaceU is THAT desperate.... Again

We shall see... I just dont see it.

Maxim said:
Alabama and Ndsu have a lot in common in that they both win titles with a domimating defense and solid run game. Biggest keys to their success if having the best defensive and offensive lines in football. They dominate in the trenches. And it's interesting because the title matchups for both are similar both will face the #1 team who scores lots of points because of their dual threat qb. They have both faced high powered offenses in the past but still win because they execute so well. Can the Griz Win titles with just a high powered O? Hasn't worked out for Oregon. That is why we need an upgrade over Gregorak because that d is not dominant enough to win championships and I think Stitt realive that.

Not surprising. Did you watched the TCU vs. Oregon game? Oregon would have walked all over TCU had Adams and starting center Matt Hagerty stayed in the game. Oregon's defense got worn down, they played good in the 1st half.

LongTimeCatFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Maxim said:
AZGrizFan said:
Great until VA went out.
Really not their d.

It was 31-0 when VA went out.

Yep, and once the offense became ineffective, the defense tired, then gave up 38 points unanswered.

Ah. So TCU's OFFENSE was ineffective because VA was quarterbacking the DUCKS? That's quite a theory.

And here I thought it was because the Head Coach changed his shirt at halftime.

AZGrizFan said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Maxim said:
Really not their d.

Yep, and once the offense became ineffective, the defense tired, then gave up 38 points unanswered.

Ah. So TCU's OFFENSE was ineffective because VA was quarterbacking the DUCKS? That's quite a theory.

I didn't say that, you did so nice straw man. Use your brain for something besides a hat rack.

LongTimeCatFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
AZGrizFan said:

I didn't say that, you did so nice straw man. Use your brain for something besides a hat rack.

Well as ineffective as TCU's offense was in the first half THEIR defense should have been fucking exhausted. What magically happened?

AZGrizFan said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

Well as ineffective as TCU's offense was in the first half THEIR defense should have been f***[*] exhausted. What magically happened?

TCU is coached by a defensive minded coach. Plus, Lockie couldn't hit his ass with both hands, which helped out TCU defenders. Also, knowing Lockie's tendency to get happy feet in the pocket, TCU brought pressure every down. Oregon finally decided to run a draw play to negate the aggressiveness of TCU, but that's all they had.

Besides that, OfaceU is soft, physically and mentally. Always has been, always will be.

TCU is coached by a defensive minded coach.. who hired the top two offensive coordinators in Texas because he realized that he couldn't win in the Big12 by playing a defensive game, had to switch to offense.. hence the growth of Casey Paschall, Trevone Boykin, and Josh Doctson.

Bronco said:
Listening to the FCS Wedge radio show those are the two teams the new Cat coach said he will be modeling his offense after...power run
Cut Ash down I believe by saying stats are for losers by putting up big offensive numbers and losing the game.
Said he won't think or worry about the Griz until the end of November
The FCS Wedge puts on a good program

Stitt needs to incorporate a solid run game into his spread offense.
It'd be nice for our QB to develop some mobile quickness. Our front 7 need to develop some technique, muscle, and quickness to stop tough running teams.

That NDSU playoff game was a sight for sore eyes; NDSU just kept pounding the ball while our defense was out on the field way too long. Have to factor in time of possession too; if we had a solid run game we can control the clock, just like NDSU.

I'm all for the air raid, fast tempo, etc., but we seriously need to be able to run the ball effectively. For Griz D, we need to stick with our roots and do 4-3 for the teams that hammer the run. Some 5-2 blitzing on some plays if O decides to pass. Stitt (if he hasn't) should watch film of Oregon vs. TCU and look at Matt Lubick's play calling during first half against TCU, he found matchups and capitalized. Oregon was rolling until Adams and Hegarty left the game. I like that just the QB and RB make the decisions, everyone else on offense knows their job.

Chaote was Boise's RB coach; he'll use some concepts from mentor Chris Petersen, but he reminds me of Mick Delaney's coaching (traditional football style).

I'm sure bobcats will use TEs and 2 backs on some plays. They'll use motion with TE to find gaps in our D line to run the ball. That's my guess. We will shut them down.

Can't wait for November 2016! WE ARE MONTANA is going to be rockin'! Bring your ear muffs bobcats!

@Coach Gregorak you are going to get a taste of Montana's noise! :lol:

griz9501 said:
Bronco said:
Listening to the FCS Wedge radio show those are the two teams the new Cat coach said he will be modeling his offense after...power run
Cut Ash down I believe by saying stats are for losers by putting up big offensive numbers and losing the game.

It'd be nice for our QB to develop some mobile quickness. Our front 7 need to develop some technique, muscle, and quickness to stop tough running teams.

That NDSU playoff game was a sight for sore eyes; NDSU just kept pounding the ball while our defense was out on the field way too long. Have to factor in time of possession too; if we had a solid run game we can control the clock, just like NDSU.

I'm all for the air raid, fast tempo, etc., but we seriously need to be able to run the ball effectively. For Griz D, we need to stick with our roots and do 4-3 for the teams that hammer the run. Some 5-2 blitzing on some plays if O decides to pass. Stitt (if he hasn't) should watch film of Oregon vs. TCU and look at Matt Lubick's play calling during first half against TCU, he found matchups and capitalized. Oregon was rolling until Adams and Hegarty left the game. I like that just the QB and RB make the decisions, everyone else on offense knows their job.

Chaote was Boise's RB coach; he'll use some concepts from mentor Chris Petersen, but he reminds me of Mick Delaney's coaching (traditional football style).

I'm sure bobcats will use TEs and 2 backs on some plays. They'll use motion with TE to find gaps in our D line to run the ball. That's my guess. We will shut them down.

Can't wait for November 2016! WE ARE MONTANA is going to be rockin'! Bring your ear muffs bobcats!

This post is on point :thumb:

grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:
Maxim said:

Not sold on Stitt knows that....he hasn't even hired defensive coaches so must not be a big priority......

so does not hiring some defensive position coaches based on your timeline necessarily an indication that defense is not a priority.....

also new d coordinator could have been playing in a bowl this past weekend....who knows the reasons why...I'm sure Stitt will get the right guy..just relax everyone

Ursus1 said:
grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:
grizindabox said:
so does not hiring some defensive position coaches based on your timeline necessarily an indication that defense is not a priority.....

Well it sure isn't a good sign....and if he is moving Semore up, why not release it to show recruits etc. he actually has a plan. It isn't D2! Coaches are being named, promoted now by FBS teams that just finished (or haven't even finished seasons ....Ala Oregon and Lubick) Choate hired an entire staff while still coaching for God's sake.

I think you are making way too much out of it....the priority is recruiting....I am sure that recruits are in the know about what is going on.....adding a couple position coaches will be a bigger deal after recruiting and prior to Spring Ball....

After talking to one recruit he has heard NOTHING. He has heard ftom other schools coaches with offers however. And if you don't think other schools bring up the unknowns, you are crazy. Recruiting is a cutthroat experience

So you are booster who is in contact with recruits. Nice to know. With friends like you...

The_Real_Chief said:
griz9501 said:
Bronco said:

This post is on point :thumb:

Thanks! I'm just a passionate fan and a student of the game :)

Back