• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Game

cody45051 said:
jcu27 said:
Bison fan in NW MN said:
Bison have a very good defensive core coming back.

My very early prediction:

Bison 31-17
You're high. 900-3 griz.

31-17 isn't off the mark. Bison have a legitimate chance of a 4-peat. It will depend on their QB. If he's as good as I'ver heard then they might be able to do something no other FCS team has done.

I will bet $500 the Bison don't 4-peat.

AZGrizFan said:
cody45051 said:
jcu27 said:
Bison fan in NW MN said:

Bison 31-17
You're high. 900-3 griz.

31-17 isn't off the mark. Bison have a legitimate chance of a 4-peat. It will depend on their QB. If he's as good as I'ver heard then they might be able to do something no other FCS team has done.

Wow I agree with you for once. New coaches and graduated most of their talent id be surprised to see them get 10 wins. That's just me though.

jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
cody45051 said:
jcu27 said:
You're high. 900-3 griz.

Wow I agree with you for once. New coaches and graduated most of their talent id be surprised to see them get 10 wins. That's just me though.

They might get to 10 wins, but they won't be playing football in January.

AZGrizFan said:
jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
cody45051 said:

They might get to 10 wins, but they won't be playing football in January.
Yeah. I just don't see them being nearly as good.

jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
cody45051 said:
jcu27 said:
You're high. 900-3 griz.

They only have 3 new coaches and they didn't graduate most of their talent 80% of the players that played this year are back. Talent wise they have a WAY better QB. Williams, Olson and Turner will be missed but everyone else is back.

Keep telling yourself lies, but the reckoning is coming.

AZGrizFan said:
cody45051 said:
jcu27 said:
Bison fan in NW MN said:

Bison 31-17
You're high. 900-3 griz.

I am so fu*king close to taking this bet...................

get'em_griz said:
tjbison said:
CDAGRIZ said:
tjbison said:
I'm guessing depending on weather . . .

I thought you guys played football in the gym.

if you comprehend I was referring to the Farmers, which in this area is kind of a big deal you know and considering NDSU is a land Grant AG school. So let me explain.....September is Harvest time and if it's dry and nice the farmers need to be getting crops off which causes a decline in Attendance, if we get rain and they are stopped is increases attendance

get it? :thumb:

Attendance can't possibly drop very much due to getting crops... I mean, a good chunk of the attendance at NDSU isn't made up by farmers, or is it?

Somebody told me the farmers only go to games when they are trying to avoid picking turnips in the rain, so that is why they play in a dome now. There was a big push back in the day to get the games moved indoors. The effort was led by the Casselton Grange Guild, an offshoot of The National Grange of the Order of Patrons of Husbandry that had almost as much power as our Front Street Pour Boyz. Look how happy they are:

north-dakota-farmers-waiting-everett.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
get'em_griz said:
tjbison said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I thought you guys played football in the gym.

if you comprehend I was referring to the Farmers, which in this area is kind of a big deal you know and considering NDSU is a land Grant AG school. So let me explain.....September is Harvest time and if it's dry and nice the farmers need to be getting crops off which causes a decline in Attendance, if we get rain and they are stopped is increases attendance

get it? :thumb:

Attendance can't possibly drop very much due to getting crops... I mean, a good chunk of the attendance at NDSU isn't made up by farmers, or is it?

Somebody told me the farmers only go to games when they are trying to avoid picking turnips in the rain, so that is why they play in a dome now. There was a big push back in the day to get the games moved indoors. The effort was led by the Casselton Grange Guild, an offshoot of The National Grange of the Order of Patrons of Husbandry that had almost as much power as our Front Street Pour Boyz. Look how happy they are:

north-dakota-farmers-waiting-everett.jpg

Ha! That's exactly right, CDA! Theodore "Pappy" Parker, the leader of the guild, was a hell of a booster and one of the first major advocates of mechanized agriculture in the Northern Plains. He was taken away from us far too early by his addiction to methamphetamines. RIP Pappy!

Unbeknownst to many, Teddy Parker has a special place in idiom history. Prior to becoming addicted to pain killers, Pappy and his son would make once-a-month trips into the big city of Bismark to sell turnips at the market. On one of those visits, his son stumbled and fell while disembarking their vehicle. Pappy was heard to say, "dang nabbit, Billy Joe, did you just fall off the turnip truck?!", giving rise to the popular saying.

EverettGriz said:
Unbeknownst to many, Teddy Parker has a special place in idiom history. Prior to becoming addicted to pain killers, Pappy and his son would make once-a-month trips into the big city of Bismark to sell turnips at the market. On one of those visits, his son stumbled and fell while disembarking their vehicle. Pappy was heard to say, "dang nabbit, Billy Joe, did you just fall off the turnip truck?!", giving rise to the popular saying.
:clap:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
cody45051 said:

They only have 3 new coaches and they didn't graduate most of their talent 80% of the players that played this year are back. Talent wise they have a WAY better QB. Williams, Olson and Turner will be missed but everyone else is back.

Now you just remind me of the people that thought the Griz were going to be good MD's first year. I'm telling you right now NDSU will struggle to get 10 wins. We can come check back next year. And if they have a way better QB, Why didn't he start? Are you saying Bohl doesn't recognize talent? Lol. Take off the shades homeslice.

Jensen wins that's why he started

Make no mistake about it, the QB they have next year has NFL potential ALL over him.
6'5" 225
VERY mobile
Great Arm
Likes contact
Good footwork
Accurate deep ball
Good command of the offense

The rich just keep getting richer

NDSU could have 6 injuries to starters and still win 10 games.

jcu27 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Now you just remind me of the people that thought the Griz were going to be good MD's first year. I'm telling you right now NDSU will struggle to get 10 wins. We can come check back next year. And if they have a way better QB, Why didn't he start? Are you saying Bohl doesn't recognize talent? Lol. Take off the shades homeslice.

Using homeslice in a white tone of voice is unbecoming.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Make no mistake about it, the QB they have next year has NFL potential ALL over him.
6'5" 225
VERY mobile
Great Arm
Likes contact
Good footwork
Accurate deep ball

These guys don't know how full the cupboard was for NDSU behind all the seniors. The only thing we don't know about this QB is his leadership. If he can get it together at fast as Brock did, then history will be made.... again.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

6'5" 225
VERY mobile
Great Arm
Likes contact
Good footwork
Accurate deep ball

:twisted:

....time to break up the bison :roll: .....griz nation et al is doomed :|

cody45051 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

6'5" 225
VERY mobile
Great Arm
Likes contact
Good footwork
Accurate deep ball

These guys don't know how full the cupboard was for NDSU behind all the seniors. The only thing we don't know about this QB is his leadership. If he can get it together at fast as Brock did, then history will be made.... again.

Yep,his game management, leadership and how he responds to adversity are the only questions. Its sick that a guy with his talent went to the FCS......but hey if you want to play for a WINNER in college football at any level, you choose NDSU.

Period

:coffee:

cody45051 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

6'5" 225
VERY mobile
Great Arm
Likes contact
Good footwork
Accurate deep ball

So, are you willing to take my $500 bet then? :cool: :cool:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

6'5" 225
VERY mobile
Great Arm
Likes contact
Good footwork
Accurate deep ball

And he's from the Big city of Bismarck dont cha know!

AZGrizFan said:
cody45051 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

6'5" 225
VERY mobile
Great Arm
Likes contact
Good footwork
Accurate deep ball

So, are you willing to take my $500 bet then? :cool: :cool:

Not everyone has the pecuniary comforts you do. I'll bet a $10.00 gift card of your choosing.

Back