• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Game

Overall we have a lot of returning talent, but an area where we will be a little thin is the interior Dline. We lost three stud DT/NT, but we do have one returning and a very good looking RFr(Tanguay), as well as one returning from injury that did not play last year that you guys actually recruited out of AZ(Farnlof). We did lose 3 olineman as well....two to graduation and another, our starting center had to give up the game due to bad knees. We have a lot of depth at the Oline though and a lot of guys with playing experience. The two biggest questions though are the DT's and how our QB reacts when the real bullets start flying, but as some on here have said he has all the physical tools to be great plus he is a 4.0 student, so the mental side should be no problem and he will be a junior, so has had a lot of time in the system. How bout the Griz?......how ya looking for this year? I know you lost a few of your LB's and at least one good Olineman......anything else??

THE HERD said:
Overall we have a lot of returning talent, but an area where we will be a little thin is the interior Dline. We lost three stud DT/NT, but we do have one returning and a very good looking RFr(Tanguay), as well as one returning from injury that did not play last year that you guys actually recruited out of AZ(Farnlof). We did lose 3 olineman as well....two to graduation and another, our starting center had to give up the game due to bad knees. We have a lot of depth at the Oline though and a lot of guys with playing experience. The two biggest questions though are the DT's and how our QB reacts when the real bullets start flying, but as some on here have said he has all the physical tools to be great plus he is a 4.0 student, so the mental side should be no problem and he will be a junior, so has had a lot of time in the system. How bout the Griz?......how ya looking for this year? I know you lost a few of your LB's and at least one good Olineman......anything else??
Lost no important skill players. Concerning losses are the 3 LBs and 3 OL starters. Good depth there, but the degree to which the seniors will be missed will be better understood by the time we are in Fargo. QB, receivers, RBs and the DL should be real strengths.

THE HERD said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Jensen wins that's why he started

Make no mistake about it, the QB they have next year has NFL potential ALL over him.
6'5" 225
VERY mobile
Great Arm
Likes contact
Good footwork
Accurate deep ball
Good command of the offense

The rich just keep getting richer

NDSU could have 6 injuries to starters and still win 10 games.

And he's from the Big city of Bismarck dont cha know!

So did this guy play in the Annual Prairie Bowl against the boys from the great state of MT?
And if so how did he do??????

THE HERD said:

So you lost your starting QB, 3/5 of your O-line and 3/4 of your D-line? Oh, and your entire coaching staff?

Yeah....I'll stand by my prediction. :cool: :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
So you lost your starting QB, 3/5 of your O-line and 3/4 of your D-line? Oh, and your entire coaching staff?
The DC is now the HC; he isn't gone.

if our qb is the equall to jensen, i say the bison win something like 31-14 but if he's like the qb. before jensen i'll go griz 24-20.

not sure if you guys are messing around, but is it sold out? I'm planning on heading down with an alum from NDSU and need to figure out where to get tickets if they are gone. Any heads up?? I'd probably be needing 4 total.

The NoDak kid is so good that he led the square heads of Nord Dakota to a resounding loss to the vastly superior Montana team 34-14. The Montana team was represented by 6 current Grizzlies a 7th player from Missoula left the team earlier this spring Ginn. The Square heads have been destroyed in that series, it's really kind of embarrassing!

AZGrizFan said:
THE HERD said:

We rotated a lot of dlineman to keep them fresh so we have 4 guys back that played a lot of reps and with recruiting being great that last few years with all the recognition we have a lot of excellent young Olineman. We have always just reloaded with Olineman,even back in the D2 days, so I'm not concerned with the Oline. I'm not even really concerned with the Dline, but what I'm saying is that we could not afford a few injuries there this year as we could in the past three. All our LB's are back that were starting in the NC game and our entire secondary minus Williams is back. The replacement for Williams is Champion who is a Jr and played a lot of reps last year when Williams was hurt and also in the nickel etc, he is another very good player who I also think you guys recruited out of AZ. I think we may drop a couple games early, such as Iowa St or UNI, but minus a lot of injuries no one is gonna want play us late in the year/playoffs. I would say ten wins give or take one. Your predicting 8, so who is our losses to? If we go into Jack Trice our first game and take care of the Cyclones, then I say it could be another long year for the FCS. I know Iowa St is not great, but they are still a Big 12 team, so it will tell us a lot about our team this year. Bottom line is this team has the talent to 4Peat and the new coaching staff doesn't really concern me because the system and philosophy on both sides of the ball will not change, plus there are 4 coaches on the staff that were either on the staff last year or within the last two years(this includes the HC), so I don't see us having those growing pains. Will we be as good as last year....No, but we will be damn good and have a real legitimate shot at getting back to Frisco. Whats your prediction for the Griz? I'd say EWU runs away with the Big Sky next year. I would rather see you guys win it though, becuase you have a great fan base, such as ours and I really don't like EWU and their fan base blows.

THE HERD said:
AZGrizFan said:
THE HERD said:

We rotated a lot of dlineman to keep them fresh so we have 4 guys back that played a lot of reps and with recruiting being great that last few years with all the recognition we have a lot of excellent young Olineman. We have always just reloaded with Olineman,even back in the D2 days, so I'm not concerned with the Oline. I'm not even really concerned with the Dline, but what I'm saying is that we could not afford a few injuries there this year as we could in the past three. All our LB's are back that were starting in the NC game and our entire secondary minus Williams is back. The replacement for Williams is Champion who is a Jr and played a lot of reps last year when Williams was hurt and also in the nickel etc, he is another very good player who I also think you guys recruited out of AZ. I think we may drop a couple games early, such as Iowa St or UNI, but minus a lot of injuries no one is gonna want play us late in the year/playoffs. I would say ten wins give or take one. Your predicting 8, so who is our losses to? If we go into Jack Trice our first game and take care of the Cyclones, then I say it could be another long year for the FCS. I know Iowa St is not great, but they are still a Big 12 team, so it will tell us a lot about our team this year. Bottom line is this team has the talent to 4Peat and the new coaching staff doesn't really concern me because the system and philosophy on both sides of the ball will not change, plus there are 4 coaches on the staff that were either on the staff last year or within the last two years(this includes the HC), so I don't see us having those growing pains. Will we be as good as last year....No, but we will be damn good and have a real legitimate shot at getting back to Frisco.

Where did I say "8"? The only prediction I've made is that NDSU won't win the chipper this coming year. And I'm sorry, but losing six of 9 starters on the two lines, as well as 95% of your coaching staff has GOT to result in some growing pains. If those replacements were so good, THEY would have been starting instead of the guys who left. There WILL be a drop off, guaranteed.

AZGrizFan said:
THE HERD said:
AZGrizFan said:
THE HERD said:

We rotated a lot of dlineman to keep them fresh so we have 4 guys back that played a lot of reps and with recruiting being great that last few years with all the recognition we have a lot of excellent young Olineman. We have always just reloaded with Olineman,even back in the D2 days, so I'm not concerned with the Oline. I'm not even really concerned with the Dline, but what I'm saying is that we could not afford a few injuries there this year as we could in the past three. All our LB's are back that were starting in the NC game and our entire secondary minus Williams is back. The replacement for Williams is Champion who is a Jr and played a lot of reps last year when Williams was hurt and also in the nickel etc, he is another very good player who I also think you guys recruited out of AZ. I think we may drop a couple games early, such as Iowa St or UNI, but minus a lot of injuries no one is gonna want play us late in the year/playoffs. I would say ten wins give or take one. Your predicting 8, so who is our losses to? If we go into Jack Trice our first game and take care of the Cyclones, then I say it could be another long year for the FCS. I know Iowa St is not great, but they are still a Big 12 team, so it will tell us a lot about our team this year. Bottom line is this team has the talent to 4Peat and the new coaching staff doesn't really concern me because the system and philosophy on both sides of the ball will not change, plus there are 4 coaches on the staff that were either on the staff last year or within the last two years(this includes the HC), so I don't see us having those growing pains. Will we be as good as last year....No, but we will be damn good and have a real legitimate shot at getting back to Frisco.

Where did I say "8"? The only prediction I've made is that NDSU won't win the chipper this coming year. And I'm sorry, but losing six of 9 starters on the two lines, as well as 95% of your coaching staff has GOT to result in some growing pains. If those replacements were so good, THEY would have been starting instead of the guys who left. There WILL be a drop off, guaranteed.

I stated that we would not be as good as we were last year, so I agree with you that there will be a drop off. My point is that we pretty much put a beat down on most teams we played(Avg of 27pts margin of victory), so we can have a dropoff and still be ok in my opinion. They have the talent to get back to Frisco......will they? I don't know maybe. It won't shock me either way....what would shock me is that if we missed the playoffs entirely.....I think the only way that could happen is if we have an injury fest such as UNI last year. By the way UNI is stacked this year and it wouldnt shock me to see them in Frisco either. Good Luck this year and hopefully you'll make it out to Fargo this fall....it will be a damn good time guaranteed!

The game is not sold out. Season tickets are sold out but NDSU has between 1-2k general admission tickets available for purchase. They will go very quickly when NDSU puts them up for sale(they will be gone in a matter of minutes) but they are available to anyone.

FargoBison said:
The game is not sold out. Season tickets are sold out but NDSU has between 1-2k general admission tickets available for purchase. They will go very quickly when NDSU puts them up for sale(they will be gone in a matter of minutes) but they are available to anyone.

OK, but isn't the speed of sale weather dependent?

I'm still having trouble with it, but I'm pretty sure if it rains, fewer people farm on game day. Or maybe no rain means fewer people farm on game day. Or maybe more people on farms means less rain on game day. If true, you should look into the third one, unless the first one is also true.

CDAGRIZ said:
FargoBison said:

I'm still having trouble with it, but I'm pretty sure if it rains, fewer people farm on game day. Or maybe no rain means fewer people farm on game day. Or maybe more people on farms means less rain on game day. If true, you should look into the third one, unless the first one is also true.

what is so hard for you to figure out?? the concept of farming is out of you head?? apparently you have never been to the red river valley, agriculture is the leading industry, NDSU is an AG school. hence yes ......lots of Farmers graduated from NDSU

farmers grow crops and in order to do that they plant in the spring...which is currently happening

as the summer progresses the crops they plant mature, and usually around Aug to Nov. they need to be in the field to harvest those crops as that is their income source, most farmers put harvest in front of other events such as football games which is understandable. now should rain occur which rain is moisture that falls from the Sky making fields wet and impassible these farmers will go to football games etc....if it's all nice sunny and dry they will not attend

this can cause fluctuations in attendance because of the impact here Agriculture has. Many people are directly affected so even though games are sold out it may not be full, as for the game not being sold out, currently no but it will be in about 15 minutes come July and yes even people unsure if they can make it will buy tickets

I hope this helps you understand how weather can affect attendance of our agriculture based economy....hell I bet even griz1952 understands this concept......or maybe I'm going to get threatened now....

tjbison said:
CDAGRIZ said:
FargoBison said:

what is so hard for you to figure out?? the concept of farming is out of you head?? apparently you have never been to the red river valley, agriculture is the leading industry, NDSU is an AG school. hence yes ......lots of Farmers graduated from NDSU

farmers grow crops and in order to do that they plant in the spring...which is currently happening

as the summer progresses the crops they plant mature, and usually around Aug to Nov. they need to be in the field to harvest those crops as that is their income source, most farmers put harvest in front of other events such as football games which is understandable. now should rain occur which rain is moisture that falls from the Sky making fields wet and impassible these farmers will go to football games etc....if it's all nice sunny and dry they will not attend

this can cause fluctuations in attendance because of the impact here Agriculture has. Many people are directly affected so even though games are sold out it may not be full, as for the game not being sold out, currently no but it will be in about 15 minutes come July and yes even people unsure if they can make it will buy tickets

I hope this helps you understand how weather can affect attendance of our agriculture based economy....hell I bet even griz1952 understands this concept......or maybe I'm going to get threatened now....

You've obviously never played the CDA-Game :thumb:

Back