• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Game

biga75 said:
tjbison said:
CDAGRIZ said:
FargoBison said:
The game is not sold out. Season tickets are sold out but NDSU has between 1-2k general admission tickets available for purchase. They will go very quickly when NDSU puts them up for sale(they will be gone in a matter of minutes) but they are available to anyone.

OK, but isn't the speed of sale weather dependent?

I'm still having trouble with it, but I'm pretty sure if it rains, fewer people farm on game day. Or maybe no rain means fewer people farm on game day. Or maybe more people on farms means less rain on game day. If true, you should look into the third one, unless the first one is also true.

what is so hard for you to figure out?? the concept of farming is out of you head?? apparently you have never been to the red river valley, agriculture is the leading industry, NDSU is an AG school. hence yes ......lots of Farmers graduated from NDSU

farmers grow crops and in order to do that they plant in the spring...which is currently happening

as the summer progresses the crops they plant mature, and usually around Aug to Nov. they need to be in the field to harvest those crops as that is their income source, most farmers put harvest in front of other events such as football games which is understandable. now should rain occur which rain is moisture that falls from the Sky making fields wet and impassible these farmers will go to football games etc....if it's all nice sunny and dry they will not attend

this can cause fluctuations in attendance because of the impact here Agriculture has. Many people are directly affected so even though games are sold out it may not be full, as for the game not being sold out, currently no but it will be in about 15 minutes come July and yes even people unsure if they can make it will buy tickets

I hope this helps you understand how weather can affect attendance of our agriculture based economy....hell I bet even griz1952 understands this concept......or maybe I'm going to get threatened now....

You've obviously never played the CDA-Game :thumb:

Noobs. :roll: :roll:

tjbison said:
CDAGRIZ said:
FargoBison said:
The game is not sold out. Season tickets are sold out but NDSU has between 1-2k general admission tickets available for purchase. They will go very quickly when NDSU puts them up for sale(they will be gone in a matter of minutes) but they are available to anyone.

OK, but isn't the speed of sale weather dependent?

I'm still having trouble with it, but I'm pretty sure if it rains, fewer people farm on game day. Or maybe no rain means fewer people farm on game day. Or maybe more people on farms means less rain on game day. If true, you should look into the third one, unless the first one is also true.

what is so hard for you to figure out?? the concept of farming is out of you head?? apparently you have never been to the red river valley, agriculture is the leading industry, NDSU is an AG school. hence yes ......lots of Farmers graduated from NDSU

farmers grow crops and in order to do that they plant in the spring...which is currently happening

as the summer progresses the crops they plant mature, and usually around Aug to Nov. they need to be in the field to harvest those crops as that is their income source, most farmers put harvest in front of other events such as football games which is understandable. now should rain occur which rain is moisture that falls from the Sky making fields wet and impassible these farmers will go to football games etc....if it's all nice sunny and dry they will not attend

this can cause fluctuations in attendance because of the impact here Agriculture has. Many people are directly affected so even though games are sold out it may not be full, as for the game not being sold out, currently no but it will be in about 15 minutes come July and yes even people unsure if they can make it will buy tickets

I hope this helps you understand how weather can affect attendance of our agriculture based economy....hell I bet even griz1952 understands this concept......or maybe I'm going to get threatened now....

I understand this in theory, and I'm pretty sure I mentioned the verified history of why you guys play football in the gym.

After watching the playoff Coastal Carolina game vs the Griz, the city of Missoula should consider building the UM one.........was it really that cold ?

Lakerhater said:
After watching the playoff Coastal Carolina game vs the Griz, the city of Missoula should consider building the UM one.........was it really that cold ?
It was miserable

(for many reasons)

EverettGriz said:
I'm confused how ANY of this relates to the price per bushel of turnips.

I'm not sure it does, and that only adds to my confusion. Isn't this the exact kind of thing the Casselton Grange Guild sought to avoid?

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

I'm not sure it does, and that only adds to my confusion. Isn't this the exact kind of thing the Casselton Grange Guild sought to avoid?

Maybe we should add an "Ask a Beeter" section to the forum to answer in-depth questions about the Red River Valley? They don't work the rest of the year so they have plenty of time.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

Maybe we should add an "Ask a Beeter" section to the forum to answer in-depth questions about the Red River Valley? They don't work the rest of the year so they have plenty of time.

Not a bad idea, but they'll probably only log on when it's raining. Also, Red River? Not sure what the Texas-Oklahoma game has to do with any of this.

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

Not a bad idea, but they'll probably only log on when it's raining. Also, Red River? Not sure what the Texas-Oklahoma game has to do with any of this.

I'm sure there will be conspiracy theories coming out of Fargo about that too, as NDSU/Moorhead was the original Red River Showdown. But I think they still haul beets in the rain, might keep the stink down too. Not as stinky as the slaughterhouse in West Fargo, but still a good nasal opener.

jodcon said:
But I think they still haul beets in the rain, might keep the stink down too. Not as stinky as the slaughterhouse in West Fargo, but still a good nasal opener.
In the BSC we have Greeley for that.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

Ha! Nice work men! Please enjoy this brief musical intermission:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vppbdf-qtGU&feature=kp[/youtube]

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I'm sure there will be conspiracy theories coming out of Fargo about that too, as NDSU/Moorhead was the original Red River Showdown. But I think they still haul beets in the rain, might keep the stink down too. Not as stinky as the slaughterhouse in West Fargo, but still a good nasal opener.

True. Where's my head? I'm pretty sure Moorhead State leads the all time series with NDSU. If memory serves, they discontinued playing one another after a botched experimental game between Moorhead, Concordia, and NDSU in the early 1970s. Dubbed the "Red River Threeway," it was one of many such "games" during that era. Sadly, Moorhead and Concordia engaged in most of the activity, leaving NDSU to feel like more of a spectator that had to "scrimmage" itself. The Moorhead/NDSU relationship was never really the same afterward, and the two eventually grew apart.

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:

True. Where's my head? I'm pretty sure Moorhead State leads the all time series with NDSU. If memory serves, they discontinued playing one another after a botched experimental game between Moorhead, Concordia, and NDSU in the early 1970s. Dubbed the "Red River Threeway," it was one of many such "games" during that era. Sadly, Moorhead and Concordia engaged in most of the activity, leaving NDSU to feel like more of a spectator that had to "scrimmage" itself. The Moorhead/NDSU relationship was never really the same afterward, and the two eventually grew apart.

Obviously anyone named Moorhead cannot be excluded in a 3-way, that's just common sense.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Obviously anyone named Moorhead cannot be excluded in a 3-way, that's just common sense.

Solid! :thumb:

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I've read these two posts 3 times. I chuckle ever time. Good work, you two! :lol: :lol:

NDSU beat Montana when they were DII in our house.

With this leader of the sinking ship heading into the Fargo Dome I see virtually no way we have a chance at beating the juggernaut that is NDSU.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

With this leader of the sinking ship heading into the Fargo Dome I see virtually no way we have a chance at beating the juggernaut that is NDSU.

Thank you, Grizo.

AZGrizFan said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:

I've read these two posts 3 times. I chuckle ever time. Good work, you two! :lol: :lol:

I feel it my humoristic duty to inform those who do not know that also I find it funny (in my own immature way) that Concordia's mascot is a corncob.

AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Thank you, Grizo.

Hitting below the kilt today huh? That was strike number 1

:coffee:

Back