• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nelson Suspended

Which is worse? Eating a marijuana brownie or engaging in voter fraud and being charged with it? I guess that ncaa thinks eating the brownie is 5.5 games worse than what these NDSU players did in 2012.

"Eight North Dakota State Football players that were charged for petition fraud will remain on the roster said coach Craig Bohl Tuesday according to the Associated Press.

The players, which were paid $9 per hour for collecting signatures, allegedly foraged some of them.

Those NDSU players were collecting signatures for two citizen initiatives which would have created a state conservation fund and make marijuana legal for medical treatments, but North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem told the AP many of the signatures were copied from phone books or out-right fake....

Because petition circulators could not determine which signatures were genuine and which ones were fraudulent, many petitions had to be disqualified and therefore neither initiative had enough signatures to qualify for the ballot.

Stenehjem said 11 people in total were charged, and if found guilty, the maximum penalty is a year in jail and a $2000 fine."

http://www.examiner.com/article/eight-ndsu-players-charged-on-medical-marijuana-petition-fraud

PlayerRep said:
Which is worse? Eating a marijuana brownie or engaging in voter fraud and being charged with it? I guess that ncaa thinks eating the brownie is 5.5 games worse than what these NDSU players did in 2012.

"Eight North Dakota State Football players that were charged for petition fraud will remain on the roster said coach Craig Bohl Tuesday according to the Associated Press.

The players, which were paid $9 per hour for collecting signatures, allegedly foraged some of them.

Those NDSU players were collecting signatures for two citizen initiatives which would have created a state conservation fund and make marijuana legal for medical treatments, but North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem told the AP many of the signatures were copied from phone books or out-right fake....

Because petition circulators could not determine which signatures were genuine and which ones were fraudulent, many petitions had to be disqualified and therefore neither initiative had enough signatures to qualify for the ballot.

Stenehjem said 11 people in total were charged, and if found guilty, the maximum penalty is a year in jail and a $2000 fine."

http://www.examiner.com/article/eight-ndsu-players-charged-on-medical-marijuana-petition-fraud
Hahaha!!! Excellent post PR!! :clap: :clap:

PlayerRep said:

I suppose the question was rhetorical, but I will play along. Voter fraud is much worse without question. We are all victims of voter fraud, and there is no victim in JR's case. Good post PR. Shame on NDSU for how it handled the situation.

SeattleBobcat said:
IdaGriz01 said:
SeattleBobcat said:
Too bad for him. Weed SHOULD be legal everywhere, it's a great medicine with nominal side effects. Unfortunately it's not. This kid is going to miss half the season for some weed, yet we'll turn around and shove opioids down these kids throat that ends up killing tens of thousands people every year. This poor kids career could be over because of a PLANT.

How about we end all this BS surrounding a plant humans have been using for 10,000 years.
Yes, well, humans have been using strychnine for those same 10,000 years ... so longevity of use is hardly a recommendation. And according to the medical facts (see above), the side effects are not quite "nominal."

But, as noted in another post, I agree that MJ should be legalized (and regulated and taxed and ... so on). But then ... well, I've said my piece.
No one is buying your drivel. Marijuana is harmless... you've been brainwashed.

Well, causing man boobs is not necessarily harmless....

...smoking the weed to begin with...
...or the laws/rules against using it...
...it's a toss up which is more stupid...

... :cool: ...

zengriz said:
...smoking the weed to begin with...
...or the laws/rules against using it...
...it's a toss up which is more stupid...

... :cool: ...

I don't think it's a toss up at all. When you consider that smoking weed is no worse than drinking an alcoholic beverage I think the answer is clear.

signedbewildered said:
FACT: I will not give up all brownies.

Question: what kind of bear is best?
Fact: bears eat beets.
Bears, beets, Battlestar Gallactica.

CV Griz Fan said:
SeattleBobcat said:
IdaGriz01 said:
SeattleBobcat said:
Too bad for him. Weed SHOULD be legal everywhere, it's a great medicine with nominal side effects. Unfortunately it's not. This kid is going to miss half the season for some weed, yet we'll turn around and shove opioids down these kids throat that ends up killing tens of thousands people every year. This poor kids career could be over because of a PLANT.

How about we end all this BS surrounding a plant humans have been using for 10,000 years.
Yes, well, humans have been using strychnine for those same 10,000 years ... so longevity of use is hardly a recommendation. And according to the medical facts (see above), the side effects are not quite "nominal."

But, as noted in another post, I agree that MJ should be legalized (and regulated and taxed and ... so on). But then ... well, I've said my piece.

The studies on that vary. Some say it can cause that (if used a LOT) and others say it doesn't. The one that seems to be used often as definite proof was actually done on animals... Oddly enough when they did a study back in the 70s on people in the military they didn't find any evidence that it caused gynecomastia. People are different than lab rats. Hell, if they studied the effects of chocolate on animals we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion since it'd be considered toxic...therefore no brownies :p

Anyway, the Mayo Clinic does list it as a possible cause though...however Alcohol is listed too. There are a lot of things listed as possible causes including types of soaps & shampoos, antibiotics or just aging.

CDAGRIZ said:
signedbewildered said:
FACT: I will not give up all brownies.

Question: what kind of bear is best?
Fact: bears eat beets.
Bears, beets, Battlestar Gallactica.

Fact: If CDAGRIZ or AZGRIZ don't have a comment on a topic, the thread isn't worth reading.

Fushiznitz said:
Someone in this thread likes making excuses for bad behavior, and is a tool. Guess who?
Probably the most accurate statement in the entire thread.

Potomac Griz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
SeattleBobcat said:
IdaGriz01 said:

The studies on that vary. Some say it can cause that (if used a LOT) and others say it doesn't. The one that seems to be used often as definite proof was actually done on animals... Oddly enough when they did a study back in the 70s on people in the military they didn't find any evidence that it caused gynecomastia. People are different than lab rats. Hell, if they studied the effects of chocolate on animals we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion since it'd be considered toxic...therefore no brownies :p

Anyway, the Mayo Clinic does list it as a possible cause though...however Alcohol is listed too. There are a lot of things listed as possible causes including types of soaps & shampoos, antibiotics or just aging.

Hmmmm stoned lab rats with swollen nipples. Not exactly a nice visual......

grizcountry420 said:
SeattleBobcat said:
Too bad for him. Weed SHOULD be legal everywhere, it's a great medicine with nominal side effects. ... How about we end all this BS surrounding a plant humans have been using for 10,000 years. ... No one is buying your drivel. Marijuana is harmless... you've been brainwashed.
+1
Well, if I've been brainwashed, it's been by facts published in quite a number of articles in the New England Journal of Medicine. Now, you're welcome to say the NEJM is an "establishment" mouthpiece, but these are peer-reviewed studies, on people not just rats, that document the measurable adverse impact of smoking MJ, especially for heavy users.

Do I think driving while impaired by MJ is worse than alcohol-based DUI ... almost certainly not.

And if you'd bothered to read earlier posts, you'd have seen that I would have no problem whatsoever with the notion of legalizing (and regulating, and taxing) just about any "recreational" drug -- crack or whatever -- that people are dumb enough to put in their bodies. Bring back and legalize "opium dens," for all I care. But users must be held accountable for the harm they do when they are "under the influence." And we need to tax it so jurisdictions will have the resources to handle people who end up as a burden on the health care system.

And, just to get back to the real issue here: Yes, I do think Nelson's punishment is way too harsh ... but, Hell, it's the NCAA ... what else would you expect?

Well, he can smoke all he wants now, doubt he will ever see the field again.

Tough thing about rules, break them, get caught, pay the consequences.

I wonder if he given it any thought, since the suspension, was that high worth it.

grizfnz said:
Fushiznitz said:
Someone in this thread likes making excuses for bad behavior, and is a tool. Guess who?

Could you quote or call attention to the excuses for bad behavior in this thread? Didn't notice them or not sure what you mean. Thank you in advance.

Washgrizfan1 said:
grizfnz said:
Fushiznitz said:

Could you quote or call attention to the excuses for bad behavior in this thread? Didn't notice them or not sure what you mean. Thank you in advance.

LOL. Maybe the rising sea levels need to be pointed out to you too. Get your head in the game.....

A half-season suspension for a pot brownie, intentional or not, seems rather excessive. Someone help me out wit this....Illinois St star running back Marahaun Coprich was busted for selling drugs to an undercover cop last year. Selling drugs! I don't think he got a suspension from the NCAA or his coach. In what universe does it make sense that a kid selling drugs gets in no trouble but a kid who has his first offense over some pot is done for half the season. Does the NCAA not see how troubling that is!

BDizzle said:
Don't get high on your own supply.

$(KGrHqZ,!lIE5cpHfnzIBObkE1s-G!~~60_35.JPG

Latest posts

Back