• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nelson Suspended

SACCAT66 said:
BDizzle said:
Don't get high on your own supply.

$(KGrHqZ,!lIE5cpHfnzIBObkE1s-G!~~60_35.JPG
Get it right. Tony didn't say that. It was Frank Lopez's line, but Elvira Hancock stepped all over him with it at the Babylon Club.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJM8yJTn_I0[/youtube]

Sam A. Blitz said:
So... a DUI suspension is 1 or 2 games and a positive marijuana test is half the season??? Feel for the kid. Total bullshit.
That is so true. Get rid of the drug and wood industry lobbyist and this would have been legally used substance long ago that would have then received proper study and education - negative side effects info provided for the frequent users. The federal govt ban is absolutely ridiculous on many levels.

NativeGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
So... a DUI suspension is 1 or 2 games and a positive marijuana test is half the season??? Feel for the kid. Total bullshit.
That is so true. Get rid of the drug and wood industry lobbyist and this would have been legally used substance long ago that would have then received proper study and education - negative side effects info provided for the frequent users. The federal govt ban is absolutely ridiculous on many levels.
Excellent points.

But Nat-G left out the "do-gooders" [?] who want to ban pretty much anything "they" perceive as immoral, and nanny-state advocates who are hell-bent on protecting people from themselves. The individuals are different, but these are the same kind of folks who gave us Prohibition ... leading to the unintended consequences of bootlegging, big-time moonshine and massive organized crime. Anyway, that gives the lobbyists plenty to work with, besides their "usual" inducements.

Those same people would ban tobacco entirely. BTW, am I the only one who finds it odd that people take it as a given that Big Tobacco advertising somehow "brainwashes" people into smoking or chewing? Way back in the 1950s, when I was in high school, everyone called them "cancer sticks," "coffin nails," and other bad names I do not now recall. None of my contemporaries thought cigarettes were good for them -- but they smoked anyway because they liked the buzz (talking high-test, pure quill like the original Camels and Lucky Strikes). Obviously, not much has changed, except that we now have lots of rules about where you can or cannot smoke ... and it costs one hell of a lot more.

Back