• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next up... at Pepperdine 11/29

Pepperdine Schedule (2-4)
L @ Fresno State 69-66
W vs SDCC 91-49
L @ UCLA 81-67
W vs DuQuesne 84-70
L vs Murray State 59-55
L vs Drake 69-53

A little surprising that they have lost their last two at home...

WILDCATFAN said:
sacstateman said:
There last 2 were in the Gulf Coast Showcase in Florida, not at home....

The Gulf Coast Showcase that Weber State just won :dance:

There's no doubt that Weber State, Sac State and Idaho are playing the best early season basketball of Big Sky teams. As for the Griz -- playing without Mario Dunn, and missing him -- they looked like a young team still learning how to play together. Ahead by 12 midway through the first half, they turn the ball over on five straight possessions and promptly go scoreless for 7 minutes. They looked out of synch on offense and a step slow on defense.

Montana needs scoring production from one or two players besides Martin Breunig. MB scores 28 while the rest of the team scores 25. Breunig shoots 75% ( 12-16) from the field, the rest of the team is 9-for-30! Yikes. Huge imbalance, even though the Griz had a lot of open looks through the game.

And, for the second straight game, a huge disparity in fouls: Griz 29, Bison 16. The Griz shoot 16 free throws compared to NDSU's 34.

For a brief 10 minute stretch to open the game, I saw a team comparable to last year's squad. So, I'm gonna hope they'll make improvements game by game.

grizzlyjournal said:
WILDCATFAN said:
sacstateman said:
There last 2 were in the Gulf Coast Showcase in Florida, not at home....

The Gulf Coast Showcase that Weber State just won :dance:

There's no doubt that Weber State, Sac State and Idaho are playing the best early season basketball of Big Sky teams. As for the Griz -- playing without Mario Dunn, and missing him -- they looked like a young team still learning how to play together. Ahead by 12 midway through the first half, they turn the ball over on five straight possessions and promptly go scoreless for 7 minutes. Simply put, they look out of synch on offense and a step slow on defense.

Simply put, Montana needs scoring production from one or two players besides Martin Breunig. MB scores 28 while the rest of the team scores 25. Breunig shoots 75% ( 12-16) from the field, the rest of the team is 9-for-30! Yikes. Huge imbalance, even though the Griz had a lot of open looks through the game.

And, for the second straight game, a huge disparity in fouls: Griz 29, Bison 16. The Griz shoot 16 free throws compared to NDSU's 34.

For a brief 10 minute stretch to open the game, I saw a team comparable to last year's squad. So, I'm gonna hope they'll make improvements game by game.

It's still early in the season, Montana always competes, and winning in Fargo isn't easy, The Griz will be right in the heat of things in no time like they always are.

As for Weber, the Cats had a slow start losing to both Utah State and South Dakota State, but have since developed into a fine young team with a lot of future promise. But like I said before it is still a very young season and much can happen in the next few months

Looks like it is streaming Here.

Starting lineup for the Griz is:

Oguine
Wright
Gfeller
Breunig
Krslovic

Their announcer said the expected crowd is about 800? Ouch... I thought Pepperdine would draw better than that.

All tied up 6-6 with about 16 to go in the half. Breunig with a bucket inside, Krslovic with a free throw and Gfeller with a 3. Pretty much the same type of thing for Pepperdine who got a bucket in the paint, 1 free throw, and a three.

Griz down 10-8 with just under 14 to go in the half. Wright has the other bucket for the Griz. No one in foul trouble yet (Breunig has 1, Lopez has 1 and Krslovic has one). Griz have 3 turnovers though already.

Murray is killing the Griz right now. He has 14 and can't miss it seems. Lopez with a bucket but 2 threes in a row by Murray from Pepperdine. Breunig fouled after the 2nd three & will go to the line. About 9 to go in the half Griz down 26-20 with Breunig shooting 2.

Both teams shooting very well so far. Hopefully Pepperdine cools off a bit.

Griz down 30-24 after a bucket and 1 by Pepperdine. Bradshaw loses his footing on the way down the court & turns it over, then grabs the Pepperdine player earning the technical foul...

Pepperdine shooting 2 and getting the ball. Hits both free throws Griz down 32-24 now & Pepperdine's ball.

Breunig back in after a short rest & gets another bucket inside. He's up to 12 now. Griz down 32-27. They're going to start double teaming Breunig soon I bet. Hopefully we can start knocking down some threes then. Griz are cold from 3, shooting only 1-6.

Griz are doing a good job limiting the offensive rebounds for Pepperdine. They only have 2 right now. Griz outrebounding them 17-10.

Griz are clamping down on D and getting back into it...

What is it with Bradshaw? He sure looks unsure of what he's doing...

Back