• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NFLPA - Gustafson

Allezchat said:
Did any other FCS players play? How did they do? I know the CB stomach St. Francis was mention.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I believe Jerome, the safety from SFU, was player of the game. He had 1 or 2 picks. Announcers said he was an easy 3rd rounder.

Allezchat said:
Did any other FCS players play? How did they do? I know the CB St. Francis was mention.

Not just mentioned, won MVP with two picks.

BG suffered from the same thing throughout his career, his effort to not make a mistake gets him behind in playing the game. He has the physical ability to make any throw. Will he be given a chance to develope mentally?
Being tall is an asset and his arm strength is good. However, being lanky any poor techniques in footing and throwing motion are exaggerated causing poor accuracy. He suffers from a slow throwing motion also, with the speed of the rush and coverage in the NFL his throwing motion would need to be more compact and quicker.
Pulling for him, just don't see him given a chance. Exclusive shot gun play in college won't work in his favor either.

Diesel said:
BG suffered from the same thing throughout his career, his effort to not make a mistake gets him behind in playing the game. He has the physical ability to make any throw. Will he be given a chance to develope mentally?
Being tall is an asset and his arm strength is good. However, being lanky any poor techniques in footing and throwing motion are exaggerated causing poor accuracy. He suffers from a slow throwing motion also, with the speed of the rush and coverage in the NFL his throwing motion would need to be more compact and quicker.
Pulling for him, just don't see him given a chance. Exclusive shot gun play in college won't work in his favor either.

I think it goes beyond just not making a mistake.

Osweiller sure didn't do anything to help the stock of tall QBs from Montana this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWahlberg said:
Interestingly enough when talking to a few former Griz (and a few parents of those former Griz) who did these types of games the practices and the daily drills are really what the scouts looked at more heavily. Hopefully Brady showed some good stuff there.

Obviously a bummer he didn't do much and didn't do well with his limited time in the actual game. I know some posters on here seem to take enjoyment out of bashing the guy and hoping he doesn't do well, which seems kind of odd to me. I'm cheering for him and wishing for the best.

Craig Haley wrote a pretty good article on Brady, don't think I've seen anyone post it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nflpa-game-gustafson-forging-own-identity-151034470--ncaaf.html

The sixth annual all-star game will conclude a week's worth of practices, meetings between players and NFL teams, and sessions from the NFLPA on playing at the next level.

"Truly, truly an honor," Gustafson said. "When you're a little kid, you always dream about playing in the NFL. For me, it was the same way. And to now be in a position to potentially make that happen, it's certainly very, very exciting. It's a very exciting time in my life. You almost have to take a step back and try to enjoy it. But also at the same time, you're keeping your head down, you 're working hard."

Gustafson is under the tutelage of National team coach Mike Martz, the former Super Bowl-winning coach of the St. Louis Rams, as well as quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna

During his training for the NFL Draft from April 27-29 in - you guessed it, Carson Wentz - Philadelphia, Gustafson said, "I'm just trying to understand more about trajectory, flight path-type stuff of the ball. And also then what marries up with that is how to control your body, how to play the position balanced, be an athlete. All those different things - kind of just break those things down, try to look at how the game is played at the next level."
How can you extrapolate a critical review of BG's performance and limitations as "hoping he doesn't do well?" The former are facts and hard to argue; I guess injecting the latter gives you some defense, whether it was said or not, to delegitimize the criticism. Pretty much like saying the GOP wants dirty air and water when you can't stand to have the strangling regulations come under fire.

BWahlberg said:
Allezchat said:
Did any other FCS players play? How did they do? I know the CB St. Francis was mention.

Not just mentioned, won MVP with two picks.

Yes, he played great. Linebacker form Weber, Johnson, played very well also.

I truly hope BG gets a opportunity to have a professional career. Unfortunately his college career has been inconsistent with less than two years of starts due to injury.

BG is a good guy and represents the UM well. He made many improvements in 2016 over 2015. Things like swing passes were better and some middle throws improved.

The downside is the inconsistency and how he folded mentally in pressure plays. How many fourth down plays were the balls uncatchable and late. He was victim to WR drops and WRs running wrong routes in his defense.

I thought he was the best option at QB for 2015 and 2016.

Hope a NFL coach sees a diamond in the rough worth developing.

kemajic said:
BWahlberg said:
Interestingly enough when talking to a few former Griz (and a few parents of those former Griz) who did these types of games the practices and the daily drills are really what the scouts looked at more heavily. Hopefully Brady showed some good stuff there.

Obviously a bummer he didn't do much and didn't do well with his limited time in the actual game. I know some posters on here seem to take enjoyment out of bashing the guy and hoping he doesn't do well, which seems kind of odd to me. I'm cheering for him and wishing for the best.

Craig Haley wrote a pretty good article on Brady, don't think I've seen anyone post it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nflpa-game-gustafson-forging-own-identity-151034470--ncaaf.html

The sixth annual all-star game will conclude a week's worth of practices, meetings between players and NFL teams, and sessions from the NFLPA on playing at the next level.

"Truly, truly an honor," Gustafson said. "When you're a little kid, you always dream about playing in the NFL. For me, it was the same way. And to now be in a position to potentially make that happen, it's certainly very, very exciting. It's a very exciting time in my life. You almost have to take a step back and try to enjoy it. But also at the same time, you're keeping your head down, you 're working hard."

Gustafson is under the tutelage of National team coach Mike Martz, the former Super Bowl-winning coach of the St. Louis Rams, as well as quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna

During his training for the NFL Draft from April 27-29 in - you guessed it, Carson Wentz - Philadelphia, Gustafson said, "I'm just trying to understand more about trajectory, flight path-type stuff of the ball. And also then what marries up with that is how to control your body, how to play the position balanced, be an athlete. All those different things - kind of just break those things down, try to look at how the game is played at the next level."
How can you extrapolate a critical review of BG's performance and limitations as "hoping he doesn't do well?" The former are facts and hard to argue; I guess injecting the latter gives you some defense, whether it was said or not, to delegitimize the criticism. Pretty much like saying the GOP wants dirty air and water when you can't stand to have the strangling regulations come under fire.

Exactly. Being critical <> wishing him to fail .

Brady has NFL arm strength, size, and mind. I hope he gets the chance to work with a coach or coaches who can refine his mechanics and most importantly, get him to quit over thinking things. Without that kind of coaching, he will not make it.

Here is to him lining himself up with the right combination of people in his career.

Allezchat said:
Did any other FCS players play? How did they do? I know the CB stomach St. Francis was mention.

A DE from Ewoo had a sack I think. There was an Ewoo WR too. Believe it was Bourne. Not sure how he did.

HookedonGriz said:
Did anyone see how Brady played in this game? I just got home and I'm watching the third quarter and Brady's team is up 27 to 0.

He was bad..bad..bad....and pretty evident why the team ended up where it did this year....

In other news..Lorenzo Jerome is as we all expected...A BEAST!!!

This kid will go 2nd-3rd round. He could end up being a steal next year

Alaska Griz said:
Ursus1 said:
File under I told you so...he isn't NFL material

Give me a break :roll: Other than a couple random publications and one or two e-grizzers i don't know a single person who thought Brady was NFL material at ANY point. Whatever floats your boat though.

UM75 said it all the time...I could go back and paste all the times he bashed Stitt while having a NFL caliber QB on the roster....but im not a douche

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Alaska Griz said:
Ursus1 said:
File under I told you so...he isn't NFL material

Give me a break :roll: Other than a couple random publications and one or two e-grizzers i don't know a single person who thought Brady was NFL material at ANY point. Whatever floats your boat though.

UM75 said it all the time...I could go back and paste all the times he bashed Stitt while having a NFL caliber QB on the roster....but im not a douche
For the record, I am a douche.
Ursa Major Writes:
But NO WAY am I dredging through those "eye-bleeding" VOLUMINOUS posts to find them.

kemajic said:
BWahlberg said:

Well I wasn't saying that mostly. He has his fair share of concerns and deserved criticism. When you or many many others point that out it's fine, because it's fact. I wasn't saying that anyone who has criticism of Brady wants him to fail. However there's a few posts by some on here that I've read which seem to go beyond the statement of legitimate concerns to a level that basically seems unsupportive

QBs out of MT: Ryan Leaf, Brock Osweiler, Brady Gustafson. I'm not ignoring Dave Dickenson, btw, an exception to my point. RL was a mental case (no, I'm not a psychologist), but apparently, BO & BG appeal simply because of their height, which is working out not to be true. Too many other attributes (perhaps the mental is most important), make a successful QB in the NFL.

Latest posts

Back