• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No More Excuses

grizatwork said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
All the world-class facilities in the world can't fix recruiting holes or a sure-fire stud blowing out a knee or not developing as expected.

Agree 100%. The stadium, and fans, and champions center, and the big screen, and all the fluff... can certainly help the cause but all that stuff really has no bearing on the ennd result. Hell, look at the team that's been kicking ass on the Big Sky this decade. All the peripheral stuff don't mean Stitt. Most important factor to building a championship program is the head coach, and Stitt ain't it.

And how can you determine after one year that he isn't? I am not saying he is or he isn't, but time will tell. I just don't get how people can determine after 1 year that he is a success or a failure?

I'm willing to give him ONE MORE year, to prove to me that he now understands that there is a monumental difference in the things he can get away with in the FCS over what he got away with in the minor leagues.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
All the world-class facilities in the world can't fix recruiting holes or a sure-fire stud blowing out a knee or not developing as expected.

Agree 100%. The stadium, and fans, and champions center, and the big screen, and all the fluff... can certainly help the cause but all that stuff really has no bearing on the ennd result. Hell, look at the team that's been kicking ass on the Big Sky this decade. All the peripheral stuff don't mean Stitt. Most important factor to building a championship program is the head coach, and Stitt ain't it.

Well, I disagree with your last assertion. I believe he's more "it" than Pflu or Delaney.

Give me Pflu over bubble-screen Bob every time! Delaney is not even worthy of discussion.

Stitt would have to get to the semis this season to match what Pflu did right?

I've never, ever heard, in a press conference, video clip or public speaking engagement, a Griz coach from Joe Glenn to Bob Stitt, blame a single loss on the piss poor facilities the Grizzly football team has had over the years. I've never once, ever heard a single player blame a loss, let alone, not winning a national championship on the weight room they've had to train in over the last two-plus decades. Havre I heard them, players and coaches, bitch about what a dump the locker rooms and weight rooms have been? Yup, heard plenty of complaining, and have even been inside it all many times, just to see for myself. But, I've never heard an actual member of the football program in my time say it was the reason the Griz lost or the reason a team under-achieved. Not once.

The new facility is going to be awesome, it is long overdue. I've always said, we as Griz fans have had it pretty damn good. We have one of the premier palaces in FCS football in which to watch games 6-10 Saturday's a year. The athletes who we watch, have not had it as good. Their every-day facilities were the exact opposite of a palace. So, the Champions Center, and hopefully, the eventual remodel of the infrastructure of Dahlberg Arena is long, long overdue, and very much deserved. But, having said all that, none of it will win games on Saturday, just like the current, and soon-to-be old facilities, didn't lose games over the last 20 years either.

HardChoice_zpsms78ag9n.jpeg

havgrizfan said:
I've never, ever heard, in a press conference, video clip or public speaking engagement, a Griz coach from Joe Glenn to Bob Stitt, blame a single loss on the piss poor facilities the Grizzly football team has had over the years. I've never once, ever heard a single player blame a loss, let alone, not winning a national championship on the weight room they've had to train in over the last two-plus decades. Havre I heard them, players and coaches, bitch about what a dump the locker rooms and weight rooms have been? Yup, heard plenty of complaining, and have even been inside it all many times, just to see for myself. But, I've never heard an actual member of the football program in my time say it was the reason the Griz lost or the reason a team under-achieved. Not once.

The new facility is going to be awesome, it is long overdue. I've always said, we as Griz fans have had it pretty damn good. We have one of the premier palaces in FCS football in which to watch games 6-10 Saturday's a year. The athletes who we watch, have not had it as good. Their every-day facilities were the exact opposite of a palace. So, the Champions Center, and hopefully, the eventual remodel of the infrastructure of Dahlberg Arena is long, long overdue, and very much deserved. But, having said all that, none of it will win games on Saturday, just like the current, and soon-to-be old facilities, didn't lose games over the last 20 years either.

ZZZZZZZZ!

Atlanta Griz1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well, I disagree with your last assertion. I believe he's more "it" than Pflu or Delaney.

Give me Pflu over bubble-screen Bob every time! Delaney is not even worthy of discussion.

Why? Pflu went 7-4, inheriting a team that had JUST lost in the NC game...Stitt went 7-4 inheriting a team that hadn't won a BSC title in 5 years, hadn't gone deeper than the round of 16 in the playoffs since 2011, and down 4 schollies.

Honest question. Why Pflu over Stitt?

AZGrizFan said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:

Why? Pflu went 7-4, inheriting a team that had JUST lost in the NC game...Stitt went 7-4 inheriting a team that hadn't won a BSC title in 5 years, hadn't gone deeper than the round of 16 in the playoffs since 2011, and down 4 schollies.

Honest question. Why Pflu over Stitt?
Jesus, AZ. How can you be so dense?

They may have the same first year records, and Stitt may have went to the playoffs in his first year, while Pflu didn't, but Pflu went to the Semis in his second year.

We're already in Stitt's second year, and he hasn't gone to the semis.

Clearly that's a failure.

Also, Pflu recruited Bobby Hauck players, which were the best players we've ever had. They didn't have to stick around and play for him, so again, edge Pflu.

Game.

Set.

Match.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizatwork said:
[

And how can you determine after one year that he isn't? I am not saying he is or he isn't, but time will tell. I just don't get how people can determine after 1 year that he is a success or a failure?

I'm willing to give him ONE MORE year, to prove to me that he now understands that there is a monumental difference in the things he can get away with in the FCS over what he got away with in the minor leagues.
Or what? You'll shitpost about him all over egriz?

I hope Stitt understands the gravity of the situation here.

Did anyone ever use the lack of a performance center as an "excuse"? I don't recall ever seeing or hearing that. Not once. Maybe I missed it.

I assume everyone believes the Performance Center will be a big positive. And it will. That doesn't mean national championship. It takes much more than that. Posters that played intramural baseball probably wouldn't understand that.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Since they just broke ground on the Champions Center, when this thing is finished there should be no more excuses as to why we are not returning to elite status in FCS football, and participating in national championship games once again after a long hiatus. We have all heard the excuses and the lack of acceptable training facilities and locker rooms has been a big one.

So as one poster likes to tell every recruit......."prepare to win championships". Seems like we have been preparing to do so for way too long. Now, let's actually DO IT! NO MORE EXCUSES! When this facility is completed we will have the finest stadium/facilities in all of FCS football, including being superior to NDSU. NO MORE EXCUSES! Participation trophies are no longer acceptible.

Wait...what excuse did we have in '08 and '09, then?

brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizatwork said:
[

Or what? You'll shitpost about him all over egriz?

I hope Stitt understands the gravity of the situation here.

Brew, I think you are basically an idiot on football, but I agree with you here. No one of importance is saying Stitt gets one more year. Even in a very bad year, which won't happen, he would get another year or so.

Sundown said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Since they just broke ground on the Champions Center, when this thing is finished there should be no more excuses as to why we are not returning to elite status in FCS football, and participating in national championship games once again after a long hiatus. We have all heard the excuses and the lack of acceptable training facilities and locker rooms has been a big one.

So as one poster likes to tell every recruit......."prepare to win championships". Seems like we have been preparing to do so for way too long. Now, let's actually DO IT! NO MORE EXCUSES! When this facility is completed we will have the finest stadium/facilities in all of FCS football, including being superior to NDSU. NO MORE EXCUSES! Participation trophies are no longer acceptible.

No Champions Center. Duh! Didn't you read the post?

I agree that the "prepare to win championships" comment is stupid, but I am okay with it and have never complained. I give that poster a break, because I r3ealize that he truly never played the game. He doesn't understand big time team competition. He's basically harmless, though. Give him a break.

His comment about the new Cat coach, being prepared to win pre-season championships, was actually quite good.

brewskis said:
Sundown said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

No Champions Center. Duh! Didn't you read the post?

Oh! Jebus, totally get it now.

Stitt will get at least 2 more years, unless he just royally screws the pooch.

Whining and complaining about a new coach not winning a championship right away is kind of like throwing your wet clothes in the dryer and yelling at the machine until the cycle is finished...wasted energy...

If superior facilities removed any and all excuses from winning it all then why doesn't Oregon with the FBS natty every single season?

Atlanta/Growler, I make excuses for both of you. And we still lose. So what is your point?

We will need to come up with something at least this good if we want to ever
#owntheestate again, or become pre-season national champions

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=88B_RJUtL3c[/youtube]

Bear Axed said:
We will need to come up with something at least this good if we want to ever
#owntheestate again, or become pre-season national champions

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=88B_RJUtL3c[/youtube]
Uh oh, looks like UM has now taken the preseason champs honors. Time to find some new material.

Lindy's Preseason BSC Poll

1. UM
2. EWU
3. NAU
4. UND
5. PSU
6. WSU
7. S. Utah
8. MSU
9. UNC
10. SAC
11. CP
12. ISU
13. UC Davis

Well now what the heck do we do?

b1e3512516c438ff0a9c01eae1944b02.gif

grizatwork said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

You are exactly correct, and I agree 100% that only time will tell. I was just stating my opinion, right or wrong. Stitt may end up storming through the Big Sky, the playoffs, and finally be the team that dethrones NDSU? I don't think he will, but of course I'm just a Bobcat fan. He looks to be a lifetime 700 ish coach. My personal opinion on him is that he and his ego get in his way. It's the Stitt show. He is innovative. He's cutting edge. He does things drastically different. He brings 50 some new players into the system in one year. He doesn't use tight ends or fullbacks. He doesn't punt. He wants to run 100 plays a game. I think last year he showed that he isn't completely stubborn about everything and he will make small adjustments to try to win, but he's never going to change his fundamental philosophy of the game because it's what defines him.

Lastly, and I've stated this before, but his biggest problem is that his system puts entirely too much pressure on the QB. This is pretty clear. Even in the years when you're lucky enough to have a QB that is skilled and smart enough to run that offense, there are struggles. When the QB is on, that offense really clicks. When he has a bad game... well you all saw what happens then. There will be years where you don't have that rock star QB and it won't be pretty. Also he appears to be putting too much focus on offense and your D is going to slip.

Latest posts

Back