• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No More Excuses

poorgriz said:
grizatwork said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
All the world-class facilities in the world can't fix recruiting holes or a sure-fire stud blowing out a knee or not developing as expected.

Agree 100%. The stadium, and fans, and champions center, and the big screen, and all the fluff... can certainly help the cause but all that stuff really has no bearing on the ennd result. Hell, look at the team that's been kicking ass on the Big Sky this decade. All the peripheral stuff don't mean Stitt. Most important factor to building a championship program is the head coach, and Stitt ain't it.

And how can you determine after one year that he isn't? I am not saying he is or he isn't, but time will tell. I just don't get how people can determine after 1 year that he is a success or a failure?

You are exactly correct, and I agree 100% that only time will tell. I was just stating my opinion, right or wrong. Stitt may end up storming through the Big Sky, the playoffs, and finally be the team that dethrones NDSU? I don't think he will, but of course I'm just a Bobcat fan. He looks to be a lifetime 700 ish coach. My personal opinion on him is that he and his ego get in his way. It's the Stitt show. He is innovative. He's cutting edge. He does things drastically different. He brings 50 some new players into the system in one year. He doesn't use tight ends or fullbacks. He doesn't punt. He wants to run 100 plays a game. I think last year he showed that he isn't completely stubborn about everything and he will make small adjustments to try to win, but he's never going to change his fundamental philosophy of the game because it's what defines him.

Lastly, and I've stated this before, but his biggest problem is that his system puts entirely too much pressure on the QB. This is pretty clear. Even in the years when you're lucky enough to have a QB that is skilled and smart enough to run that offense, there are struggles. When the QB is on, that offense really clicks. When he has a bad game... well you all saw what happens then. There will be years where you don't have that rock star QB and it won't be pretty. Also he appears to be putting too much focus on offense and your D is going to slip.

Wow, one of your more objective and fair posts. Your posts are much more enjoyable when they have substance as opposed to the typical "Stitt sucks goat balls and so do all of you". Doc3 should take a note or two when he is done with his collies for the day.

I can agree with some of what you said. Where I will disagree is in the QB failing the system comment. I think his offense will be even more potent and incredible when he gets his guy in there. That starts with incoming Freshman Gresch Jensen. That is when it really gets clicking. He probably will red shirt and then compete as a redshirt freshman or sophomore so we are a little ways out. If you see what Stitts QBs did at CSoM it was pretty remarkable. A couple of his guys put up video game numbers. My point is he knows what he wants in a QB and he has one coming.

brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizatwork said:
[

And how can you determine after one year that he isn't? I am not saying he is or he isn't, but time will tell. I just don't get how people can determine after 1 year that he is a success or a failure?

I'm willing to give him ONE MORE year, to prove to me that he now understands that there is a monumental difference in the things he can get away with in the FCS over what he got away with in the minor leagues.
Or what? You'll shitpost about him all over egriz?

I hope Stitt understands the gravity of the situation here.

Pedestrian fans suck up to any coach, so I get it. Look how so many fans supported Delaney, and I told the board from the get-go that hiring him was a big mistake, then they compounded that mistake into a travesty by giving him two more years to set the program back 5 years.

Bottom line about Stitt is this....... he inherited a senior-laden team, with lots of stud players, and he did nothing with it. To make matters worse, his stupid decisions cost them two games. I guarantee you that Pflu would have won both of those games. So you see, I base my opinions on REALITY, not hype. Fly sweeps do not impress me. Bubble screens don't cut it any longer. :coffee:

poorgriz said:
grizatwork said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
All the world-class facilities in the world can't fix recruiting holes or a sure-fire stud blowing out a knee or not developing as expected.

Agree 100%. The stadium, and fans, and champions center, and the big screen, and all the fluff... can certainly help the cause but all that stuff really has no bearing on the ennd result. Hell, look at the team that's been kicking ass on the Big Sky this decade. All the peripheral stuff don't mean Stitt. Most important factor to building a championship program is the head coach, and Stitt ain't it.

You are exactly correct, and I agree 100% that only time will tell. I was just stating my opinion, right or wrong. Stitt may end up storming through the Big Sky, the playoffs, and finally be the team that dethrones NDSU? I don't think he will, but of course I'm just a Bobcat fan. He looks to be a lifetime 700 ish coach. My personal opinion on him is that he and his ego get in his way. It's the Stitt show. He is innovative. He's cutting edge. He does things drastically different. He brings 50 some new players into the system in one year. He doesn't use tight ends or fullbacks. He doesn't punt. He wants to run 100 plays a game. I think last year he showed that he isn't completely stubborn about everything and he will make small adjustments to try to win, but he's never going to change his fundamental philosophy of the game because it's what defines him.

Lastly, and I've stated this before, but his biggest problem is that his system puts entirely too much pressure on the QB. This is pretty clear. Even in the years when you're lucky enough to have a QB that is skilled and smart enough to run that offense, there are struggles. When the QB is on, that offense really clicks. When he has a bad game... well you all saw what happens then. There will be years where you don't have that rock star QB and it won't be pretty. Also he appears to be putting too much focus on offense and your D is going to slip.

How funny it is that it takes a Bobcat fan to tell us why Stitt's offense is not the answer. This is a very accurate post. I could have written it myself!

Growler, Your reality is this: You have said every single coach the Griz have had since this board was invented sucked. There's NO disputing that. You may backtrack now and make nice about Hauck and Pflu, but when they were coaching the Griz, when you weren't banned from the board, you used every MB available to you to bash them. I'm sorry, but saying every single thing about Griz football sucks is no more objective than me or Brint saying every single thing about Griz football is good. That's REALITY.

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
grizatwork said:
poorgriz said:

Wow, one of your more objective and fair posts. Your posts are much more enjoyable when they have substance as opposed to the typical "Stitt sucks goat balls and so do all of you". Doc3 should take a note or two when he is done with his collies for the day.

I can agree with some of what you said. Where I will disagree is in the QB failing the system comment. I think his offense will be even more potent and incredible when he gets his guy in there. That starts with incoming Freshman Gresch Jensen. That is when it really gets clicking. He probably will red shirt and then compete as a redshirt freshman or sophomore so we are a little ways out. If you see what Stitts QBs did at CSoM it was pretty remarkable. A couple of his guys put up video game numbers. My point is he knows what he wants in a QB and he has one coming.

Hanging your hopes on a QB who has never taken a snap? I thought Willie P. was going to be the answer? Now we have a new savior? You guys don't get it. If we have to wait until we find just the right QB to make this offense click, then the offense is for Sh*t! Do you think that the NDSU fans sit and wait for another Wentz to be recruited so they can score points? Too funny!

havgrizfan said:
Growler, Your reality is this: You have said every single coach the Griz have had since this board was invented sucked. There's NO disputing that. You may backtrack now and make nice about Hauck and Pflu, but when they were coaching the Griz, when you weren't banned from the board, you used every MB available to you to bash them. I'm sorry, but saying every single thing about Griz football sucks is no more objective than me or Brint saying every single thing about Griz football is good. That's REALITY.

You are full of sh*t, as usual. I NEVER bashed Read, Pflu, Dennehy, or Glenn. My issue with Hauck was his recruitment of thugs, and his ass wipe personality. Don't lie to try to make me look bad. We have had some great coaches at UM. Delaney and Stitt are not among them.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
havgrizfan said:

You are full of sh*t, as usual. I NEVER bashed Read, Pflu, Dennehy, or Glenn. My issue with Hauck was his recruitment of thugs, and his ass wipe personality. Don't lie to try to make me look bad. We have had some great coaches at UM. Delaney and Stitt are not among them.

Sorry, but this is complete bullshit and you know it. I agree with you when you have a fair point, or criticism, but on this subject you need to be called out.

Every one of you umpteenth screen names all the way back to the UGMB has bashed the current coach.
Period, point blank, end of story.

Magic words:

"I will not accept anything less than a national championship!"

"Radical Islamic terrorist!"

There. What do I win?

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I'm willing to give him ONE MORE year, to prove to me that he now understands that there is a monumental difference in the things he can get away with in the FCS over what he got away with in the minor leagues.

brewskis said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AllWeatherFan said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

brewskis said:

Priceless, Brewskis. :lol:

Atlanta Griz1 said:
brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizatwork said:

Pedestrian fans suck up to any coach, so I get it. Look how so many fans supported Delaney, and I told the board from the get-go that hiring him was a big mistake, then they compounded that mistake into a travesty by giving him two more years to set the program back 5 years.

Bottom line about Stitt is this....... he inherited a senior-laden team, with lots of stud players, and he did nothing with it. To make matters worse, his stupid decisions cost them two games. I guarantee you that Pflu would have won both of those games. So you see, I base my opinions on REALITY, not hype. Fly sweeps do not impress me. Bubble screens don't cut it any longer. :coffee:
You argue in another thread that our recruiting over the last 5 years has sucked, and you just stated that Delaney set the program back 5 years. So it's safe to say that your opinion on the players Stitt enherited is not very high. And I get that. However, these arguments make your statement about "inheriting a senior laden team" null and void.

Brewskis is just killing it!

Guarantying a former coach would have won games lost last year is really living in reality...

If you think Delaney was that toxic to the program and then also think Stitt is incompetent because he fell short of your expectations in his first year of taking over for that coach, with a QB you claimed isn't worthy of starting, behind an OL that you have claimed as one of the weakest in the conference, then your opinions aren't based on reality.

No more excuses Growler...when are you going to stop living in your moms basement spending countless hours on Egriz and take the Grizzlies back to the good old glory days you can't let go?

brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

You argue in another thread that our recruiting over the last 5 years has sucked, and you just stated that Delaney set the program back 5 years. So it's safe to say that your opinion on the players Stitt enherited is not very high. And I get that. However, these arguments make your statement about "inheriting a senior laden team" null and void.

Brew - you may be a bit too young for the reference, but what we have here is a text book example of "pretzel logic."

Yes I'm dying to be a star and make them laugh
Sound just like a record on the phonograph
Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago,

Inane banter and circular arguments. Over a long time ago.'

bgbigdog said:
brewskis said:

Brew - you may be a bit too young for the reference, but what we have here is a text book example of "pretzel logic."

Yes I'm dying to be a star and make them laugh
Sound just like a record on the phonograph
Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago,

Inane banter and circular arguments. Over a long time ago.'

Cute, but no cigar. Stick to the topic or go back to sleep.

1Griz_Fan said:
No more excuses Growler...when are you going to stop living in your moms basement spending countless hours on Egriz and take the Grizzlies back to the good old glory days you can't let go?

I live in a house that you could only dream about. My mom is dead. The glory days should not be in the past. We have too many advantages over almost every FBS team in the nation to accept the mediocrity we have to live with now. You are just another dumbed-down fan satisfied with a participation trophy.

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

brewskis said:

Priceless, Brewskis. :lol:

You pediatrician fans are too easily impressed with imbecilic rhetoric

Sam A. Blitz said:
Brewskis is just killing it!

Guarantying a former coach would have won games lost last year is really living in reality...

If you think Delaney was that toxic to the program and then also think Stitt is incompetent because he fell short of your expectations in his first year of taking over for that coach, with a QB you claimed isn't worthy of starting, behind an OL that you have claimed as one of the weakest in the conference, then your opinions aren't based on reality.

ZZZZZZZZ. :woo:

PlayerRep said:
Did anyone ever use the lack of a performance center as an "excuse"? I don't recall ever seeing or hearing that. Not once. Maybe I missed it.

I assume everyone believes the Performance Center will be a big positive. And it will. That doesn't mean national championship. It takes much more than that. Posters that played intramural baseball probably wouldn't understand that.

neither would posters who played flag football......

Latest posts

Back