• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

One Great Game...Three Bad Apples

Pretty imaginative story, but def not Stephen King. It needs a twist at the end or something, like he looks up from his steering wheel almost home, drowzy, just when he hears 3 loud thumps. Three dark objects fly up over hood. He slams on the brakes, gets out and sees three dead panthers on the side of the road. He takes a long drag off of his marijuana cigarette, the smoke wafting out of his flared nostrils. then he screamed out loud, "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint! Give me two and they'll fall in love! Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'! Give me four and they'll build a pyramid! Give me five and they'll make one an outcast! Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice! Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare! Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home!" - Glen Bateman, The Stand, 3rd paragraph of Chapter 42
:beer:

get'em_griz said:
Bump. I found this UNI classic from 2011! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awesome bump one can never get enough of this post. I still think it's the ultimate troll job and would love for someone to come forward with getting the best of all of us.... but classic nonetheless

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the three hooligans responsible for this egregious act were Snap, CDA and Ursa. Utterly without class, and certainly not representative of Griz nation as a whole...

Heads up, UNI fans; those three will likely be at the game this time around as well (probably posing as "non-trads" to score cheap seats, the bastards), and looking to "one-up" their antics of 7 years ago.

fencer24 said:
Unless he stayed way beyond the cleaning crew, there would have been a lot of people in that area, and I don't think Missoula or Griz fans would put up with three guys sexually assaulting someone.

Bingo! How long does it take 25,000 fans to disperse at WGS? File this under FICTION.

Panthera said:
On the long drive back to Cedar Falls I had a chance to think a lot about what happened during and after the quarterfinal game. Of course my main impression of the whole event was that Washington Grizly is one the best football facilities in the world, bar none. It was difficult for this old Panther to watch the action after the first quarter, but anybody who loves football would be in awe at the classy show that UM put on.

HOWEVER...one incident after the game almost managed to ruin an otherwise great experience so I felt I should share it. That way, other Griz fans can help weed out the 'problem fans' who I know are a very tiny proportion of your overall fanbase.

After the teams had mostly left the field and security officers let the fans come down, I went to mingle with a few of the lingering UNI fans, staff and players near the northern end zone. About five minutes later, three Montana students approached us from the opposite side of the field and started chanting things like 'Suck a XXXX Panthers', 'Go Home UNI', Eat XXXX Panthers, etc. These kids reeked of liquor and, if I had to guess, they were probably the type who smoke marijuana cigarettes on a regular basis. One of them waved an extremely offensive sign that said 'Even Santa Prefers Montana'. As a Christian man, it's difficult to watch this kind of religious hatred spread to college football (It's bad enough when large retailers try to bury the Reason for the Season under phrases like 'happy holidays'). It didn't take much of this crap to cause the few Panther fans to disperse. I started walking up the tunnel, but the three students pursued me and eventually caught up. I turned left and found myself trapped near a dumpster and one of the stadium walls. As the drunks moved in, I was honestly afraid for my life, so I warned them that I know a good bit of Tae Bo and UFC moves. They took this as a challenge and one of them threw me to the ground and the other two pinned me down. What happened next is probably not something that belongs on a family-friendly forum, but I'm ticked off and it needs to be said...While two of the young men held me in place, the other one undid his belt and pulled his pants down halfway. He then put his rear end very near my nose and began passing gas violently. Some of these eruptions were wet and the sprayed into my mouth. They were chanting 'atm, atm, atm' which I assumed meant they were going to rob me as well, but I had smartly left my wallet in my hotel room safe. This all seemed to go on forever but it was likely less than a minute before they let me up and ran off into the park across from the stadium. I was too shocked and humiliated to chase them. I have no plans on dragging law enforcement into any of this.

So my point is, although I know you all are on to bigger and better things at this point, I hope you'll take the time to remind the few bad apples that they are not helping the perception of your program on a national level.

Anyways, that's my rant, Griz fans. Thanks for the memories and I'll be rooting for them you the rest of the way. Go get'em Griz! :clap:
DAM....you got "HOT CARLED"

KJB said:
Panthera said:
On the long drive back to Cedar Falls I had a chance to think a lot about what happened during and after the quarterfinal game. Of course my main impression of the whole event was that Washington Grizly is one the best football facilities in the world, bar none. It was difficult for this old Panther to watch the action after the first quarter, but anybody who loves football would be in awe at the classy show that UM put on.

HOWEVER...one incident after the game almost managed to ruin an otherwise great experience so I felt I should share it. That way, other Griz fans can help weed out the 'problem fans' who I know are a very tiny proportion of your overall fanbase.

After the teams had mostly left the field and security officers let the fans come down, I went to mingle with a few of the lingering UNI fans, staff and players near the northern end zone. About five minutes later, three Montana students approached us from the opposite side of the field and started chanting things like 'Suck a XXXX Panthers', 'Go Home UNI', Eat XXXX Panthers, etc. These kids reeked of liquor and, if I had to guess, they were probably the type who smoke marijuana cigarettes on a regular basis. One of them waved an extremely offensive sign that said 'Even Santa Prefers Montana'. As a Christian man, it's difficult to watch this kind of religious hatred spread to college football (It's bad enough when large retailers try to bury the Reason for the Season under phrases like 'happy holidays'). It didn't take much of this crap to cause the few Panther fans to disperse. I started walking up the tunnel, but the three students pursued me and eventually caught up. I turned left and found myself trapped near a dumpster and one of the stadium walls. As the drunks moved in, I was honestly afraid for my life, so I warned them that I know a good bit of Tae Bo and UFC moves. They took this as a challenge and one of them threw me to the ground and the other two pinned me down. What happened next is probably not something that belongs on a family-friendly forum, but I'm ticked off and it needs to be said...While two of the young men held me in place, the other one undid his belt and pulled his pants down halfway. He then put his rear end very near my nose and began passing gas violently. Some of these eruptions were wet and the sprayed into my mouth. They were chanting 'atm, atm, atm' which I assumed meant they were going to rob me as well, but I had smartly left my wallet in my hotel room safe. This all seemed to go on forever but it was likely less than a minute before they let me up and ran off into the park across from the stadium. I was too shocked and humiliated to chase them. I have no plans on dragging law enforcement into any of this.

So my point is, although I know you all are on to bigger and better things at this point, I hope you'll take the time to remind the few bad apples that they are not helping the perception of your program on a national level.

Anyways, that's my rant, Griz fans. Thanks for the memories and I'll be rooting for them you the rest of the way. Go get'em Griz! :clap:
I think I saw you....were you wearing a uni hat black coat and a shiit eating grin......

KJB said:
Panthera said:

I think I saw you....were you wearing a uni hat black coat and a shiit eating grin......

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the three hooligans responsible for this egregious act were Snap, CDA and Ursa. Utterly without class, and certainly not representative of Griz nation as a whole...

Heads up, UNI fans; those three will likely be at the game this time around as well (probably posing as "non-trads" to score cheap seats, the bastards), and looking to "one-up" their antics of 7 years ago.

Ha! Shows what you know. I was still in prison in December of 2011.

He's a christian man and knows a good share of Tae Bo moves... That should have enough to get those hoods to leave him alone. :lol:

A) UNI and Montana have/had a very contentious history with bad feelings going back to UNI's refusal to trade tapes before a playoff game.

B) I have been pelted with ice cubes to the head at road Griz playoff games right in the stadium (and never whined on that team's message board). If the worst you got on us is a few nasty sentiments on the field after the game (where you are NOT allowed to be) consider yourself lucky.

Zirg said:
A) UNI and Montana have/had a very contentious history with bad feelings going back to UNI's refusal to trade tapes before a playoff game.

B) I have been pelted with ice cubes to the head at road Griz playoff games right in the stadium (and never whined on that team's message board). If the worst you got on us is a few nasty sentiments on the field after the game (where you are NOT allowed to be) consider yourself lucky.

Sorry Zirg, but in my mom's voice I hear, what did you do to deserve it?

Ursa Major said:
Zirg said:

Sorry Zirg, but in my mom's voice I hear, what did you do to deserve it?

Speaking (respectfully) of your mother, does she still make that killer meatloaf?

[media]https://youtu.be/xSRcXRkQGOI[/media]

Latest posts

Back