• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

OT: missoula steakhouse

IdaGriz01 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Lolo Steak House. hands down the best cow in town. in lolo turn west at the light at the highway, its a 100 yards on the right. log building.
Depot is fine if you want close in, but Lolo is the best.

Be warned: I don't think the Lolo takes phone reservations (but it's been awhile and they may have changed more recently). If you go at a "popular" time, you may have to put in your name and wait. Last time we (four of us) went, we mostly finished a pitcher before our table was called. But it was worth it.

a pitcher between 4 people is what......15-20 minutes top? That's not a bad wait for a great steak.

AlaskaGriz said:
There is not a good steakhouse in Missoula, make the trip to Chubby's in Clancy. Bad ass !
I heard the same thing about Chubbys. Will have to try it sometime. Casagrandas in Butte also puts out an incredible steak.

UMclassof2002 said:
Gumbolaya at the Dino.

I'm tellin' ya.
The dude asked about a steak house.
I'm tellin' ya
the dino is good the mo club is good but they dont serve steaks. dude asked for a steak house

AZGrizFan said:
Go get a double hot pepper cheeseburger and a schooner at the Mo Club and be done with it.

This^

But I highly recommend the horseradish cheese.

And no, you don't need chips...

CV Griz Fan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Go get a double hot pepper cheeseburger and a schooner at the Mo Club and be done with it.

Ok. Everybody likes a good dive bar. The Mo Club takes "dive" to a new level. I am certainly no local but every time I go to Missoula I stay at the Double Tree across the river from campus and their steaks are good. Finn & Porter?

Have you spent much time downtown? The Mo Club is no more of a dive than any number of other downtown bars.

Finn&Porter can get a bit stuffy this time of year. Good grub though if you wanna spend $75-$100.

UMclassof2002 said:
Gumbolaya at the Dino.

I'm tellin' ya.

YEP!

And I know the Despo gets the best wings vote every year,and they're pretty damn good. But if you haven't had the Dino Wings at CB's, you don't know what you're missing.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
UMclassof2002 said:
Gumbolaya at the Dino.

I'm tellin' ya.
The dude asked about a steak house.
I'm tellin' ya
the dino is good the mo club is good but they dont serve steaks. dude asked for a steak house

Right. And most of the decent steakhouses have been pointed out. So I guess we either lock the thread or really break down blackened blue cheese ribeye vs. bacon-wrapped filet mignon?

CFallsGriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Ok. Everybody likes a good dive bar. The Mo Club takes "dive" to a new level. I am certainly no local but every time I go to Missoula I stay at the Double Tree across the river from campus and their steaks are good. Finn & Porter?

Have you spent much time downtown? The Mo Club is no more of a dive than any number of other downtown bars.

Finn&Porter can get a bit stuffy this time of year. Good grub though if you wanna spend $75-$100.

No.I have not spent that much time in downtown unfortunately. I am from San Diego and I travel to games a couple times a year. I've tried Jaker's, the truck stop in Bonner for breakfast, Famous Dave's, Outback, an Irish Bar down the interstate and some "hippy" pizza joint close to campus. There is also a breakfast place in downtown that's pretty good. All of them were pretty good IMO. I met some ex marines from Camp Pendleton at that dog park by campus( Jacob's island). Missoula is a cool town. I like it.

Are people just afraid to admit that the Missoula Club has an average burger. 50% of the bars in this state will serve you one that is just as good, and you don't have to be in a sardine can on the face of the sun.

letsgogriz said:
Are people just afraid to admit that the Missoula Club has an average burger. 50% of the bars in this state will serve you one that is just as good, and you don't have to be in a sardine can on the face of the sun.
Can we ban this guy? Mods?

letsgogriz said:

Are you just afraid to admit you might be in the teeny tiny minority of people who feel this way? :roll: :roll:

WaGriz4life said:
letsgogriz said:
Can we ban this guy? Mods?

That made me laugh.

Yall are making me hungry, Rubies, Mo Club, Hoagies, Double Front, why would anyone go to a national chain restaurant in Msla? Howards Pizza, the Depot. Gotta change the subject. How about brains and eggs at the Ox?

I've lived in Missoula 11 years and the majority of people I've talked to about it think the burgers are average as well. But based on a lot of the egriz posters I've seen in person, there hasn't been a lot of skipped meals in their past. So quality probably isn't a big concern.

letsgogriz said:
I've lived in Missoula 11 years and the majority of people I've talked to about it think the burgers are average as well. But based on a lot of the egriz posters I've seen in person, there hasn't been a lot of skipped meals in their past. So quality probably isn't a big concern.

I see. Well everybody I talk to loves the place, so as long as anecdotal evidence is ok with you, I'll stick to my opinion. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. :thumb: :thumb:

Apparently you haven't avoided the door much yourself. You get butt hurt quite easily. But I'm more than happy to stick to my "minority" view.

letsgogriz said:
Apparently you haven't avoided the door much yourself. You get butt hurt quite easily. But I'm more than happy to stick to my "minority" view.

I live 1500 miles away. So, no, I unfortunately do not get a chance too often to taste the goodness that is a Mo Club double hot pepper cheeseburger.

OX Griz said:
Yall are making me hungry, Rubies, Mo Club, Hoagies, Double Front, why would anyone go to a national chain restaurant in Msla? Howards Pizza, the Depot. Gotta change the subject. How about brains and eggs at the Ox?

Can't get them anymore. Damn Mad Cow.....

tojo70 said:
Moving our daughter into the dorms this weekend. What's your advice for a good steak house in Missoula?
There is none. Drive to Spokane and eat at Churchill's Steakhouse.

WaGriz4life said:
OldtiredGRiz said:
Some of the locals would know better than me, but I've never had a bad steak at The Depot. Haven't been there for 5 years or so....hopefully you'll get some better insight from somebody in town.
Yeah the Depot is still phenomenal IMO. Great salad bar, service, beer selection and you have the dining room atmosphere or the deck. Can't go wrong there.
They got rid of the salad bar years ago. Steaks are mediocre, as are Lolo, and Finn & Porter. But if you like raw oysters then hit up F&P. They are flown in fresh every other day.
But seriously the steaks in this town suck.

Back