• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

OT: missoula steakhouse

polsongrizz said:
WaGriz4life said:
OldtiredGRiz said:
Some of the locals would know better than me, but I've never had a bad steak at The Depot. Haven't been there for 5 years or so....hopefully you'll get some better insight from somebody in town.
Yeah the Depot is still phenomenal IMO. Great salad bar, service, beer selection and you have the dining room atmosphere or the deck. Can't go wrong there.
They got rid of the salad bar years ago. Steaks are mediocre, as are Lolo, and Finn & Porter. But if you like raw oysters then hit up F&P. They are flown in fresh every other day.
But seriously the steaks in this town suck.

Huh??

I eat there all the time. Just ate there last Thursday. They still have the salad bar.

Raider said:
polsongrizz said:
WaGriz4life said:
OldtiredGRiz said:
Some of the locals would know better than me, but I've never had a bad steak at The Depot. Haven't been there for 5 years or so....hopefully you'll get some better insight from somebody in town.
Yeah the Depot is still phenomenal IMO. Great salad bar, service, beer selection and you have the dining room atmosphere or the deck. Can't go wrong there.
They got rid of the salad bar years ago. Steaks are mediocre, as are Lolo, and Finn & Porter. But if you like raw oysters then hit up F&P. They are flown in fresh every other day.

Huh??

I eat there all the time. Just ate there last Thursday. They still have the salad bar.
Weird, they removed it I would guess about 7-8 years ago. Been there for drinks a few times since haven't seen it. Was there two weeks ago, it wasn't there. If so that's great because it was really the only good thing about going there.
We are talking about the salad bar that was right up against the kitchen right?

polsongrizz said:
Raider said:
polsongrizz said:
WaGriz4life said:

Huh??

Weird, they removed it I would guess about 7-8 years ago. Been there for drinks a few times since haven't seen it. Was there two weeks ago, it wasn't there. If so that's great because it was really the only good thing about going there.

Well then maybe that guy was right: You ARE a retard. :lol: :cool: :cool:

polsongrizz said:
Raider said:
polsongrizz said:
WaGriz4life said:

Huh??

Yep.

I eat there almost every Thursday night with my Board of Directors, and I get it every time.

I wonder if it’s only there certain nights during the week??

The salad bar is still there. It doesn't come with a meal anymore though. You have to pay for it.

AZGrizFan said:
polsongrizz said:
Raider said:
polsongrizz said:

Huh??

Says the squid living in TEXASS. :lol: :thumb:

polsongrizz said:
tojo70 said:
Moving our daughter into the dorms this weekend. What's your advice for a good steak house in Missoula?
There is none. Drive to Spokane and eat at Churchill's Steakhouse.
Take a nice drive up to Seeley Lake and Hit Lindey's Prime Steak House.

Never have been a fan of the Depot. I'd rather go to the Red Bird, Scotty's Table, Pearl, Café Dolce, Silk Road, James Bar, etc. I suppose I should give it another shot, but I'm a creature of habit. Oh, sorry, I thought this was Facebook.

We went to the Pearl, on west Front street, a couple of months ago. They had a choice (in steaks) between two grilled beef fillets, a classic filet mignon, and a Snake River Farms Pub Steak. Went with the "classic," and it was outstanding. I'd like to go back and try the others.

Here's their menu.

http://www.pearlcafe.us/content/view/13/27/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Silk Road is an interesting experience. Not a steak house, but more an adventure in cross-sampling various ethnic cuisines.

http://www.silkroadcatering.com/Home/current-dinner-wine-menu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

polsongrizz said:
AZGrizFan said:
polsongrizz said:
Raider said:
Huh??

:butt:

Blackened Prime Rib at the Depot is the way to go.

I agree that the poster saying Mo Club burgers are mediocre should be banned.

The food and appetizers at the new Top Hat are great.

Women love Plonk and its food. I like the food too, but the beer and wine better.

Missoula isn't a great steak town.

EastCoastGriz said:
polsongrizz said:
tojo70 said:
Moving our daughter into the dorms this weekend. What's your advice for a good steak house in Missoula?
They only sell Sirloin. Which I believe should be ground into a good burger. If I am going to pay $30 for a sirloin steak I would rather pay $45-60+ for a Prime Ribeye or Porterhouse. :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
polsongrizz said:
AZGrizFan said:
polsongrizz said:

:butt:
Thank You... :mrgreen:

PlayerRep said:

Women love Plonk and its food. I like the food too, but the beer and wine better.

The Blackened prime rib has too much salt in the rub. The only menu item I find decent is the fried Walleye.
Top Hat isn't bad.
Plonk reminds me of those places in Vegas, L.A., etc. The food there is really over rated and over priced and small portions. Has interesting drinks but those to are over priced.
You are right, Missoula isn't a steak town.

polsongrizz said:
PlayerRep said:

The Blackened prime rib has too much salt in the rub. The only menu item I find decent is the fried Walleye.
Top Hat isn't bad.
Plonk reminds me of those places in Vegas, L.A., etc. The food there is really over rated and over priced and small portions. Has interesting drinks but those to are over priced.
You are right, Missoula isn't a steak town.

Hum, I've probably had over 75 blackened prime ribs (the regulars and the sandwiches) over the years, and have never noticed the salt. And I never put salt on any of my food. Plonk often has women that look like the one in your avatar. Yup, Plonk is a "city" place. Great upstairs outdoor deck.

polsongrizz said:
EastCoastGriz said:
polsongrizz said:
tojo70 said:
They only sell Sirloin. Which I believe should be ground into a good burger. If I am going to pay $30 for a sirloin steak I would rather pay $45-60+ for a Prime Ribeye or Porterhouse. :thumb:

Polson, if you are ever in an area with a Mastro's, I would like to hear your take on the prime bone-in ribeye.

CDAGRIZ said:
polsongrizz said:
EastCoastGriz said:
polsongrizz said:

Polson, if you are ever in an area with a Mastro's, I would like to hear your take on the prime bone-in ribeye.

Poison knows his steaks. 32oz prime "tomahawk steak" Daniel's Seattle? Fully Frenched prime rib eye. 48oz porterhouse for two Smith and Wolinsky in Vegas. One guy in out party ordered one steak to himself. Sucked the bone clean.... It was scary!!

polsongrizz said:
EastCoastGriz said:
polsongrizz said:
tojo70 said:

This. I grew up on a ranch. Sirloins were good for burger, tacos, chili, or really good stew meat. Prime rib, New York, Ribeye, Filet.....

Back