• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

OT: missoula steakhouse

grizpack said:
polsongrizz said:
EastCoastGriz said:
polsongrizz said:
There is none. Drive to Spokane and eat at Churchill's Steakhouse.
Take a nice drive up to Seeley Lake and Hit Lindey's Prime Steak House.
They only sell Sirloin. Which I believe should be ground into a good burger. If I am going to pay $30 for a sirloin steak I would rather pay $45-60+ for a Prime Ribeye or Porterhouse. :thumb:

This. I grew up on a ranch. Sirloins were good for burger, tacos, chili, or really good stew meat. Prime rib, New York, Ribeye, Filet.....

I'm on that same wagon, I've never ordered a sirloin in a restaurant, never will. Put a ribeye in front of me and I'm done talking. And yes, sirloin is an excellent stew or chili meat.

the best in Montana, my top three in no particular order: there's a really good steakhouse in Shelby, cant remember the name but the owner has an amazing collection of guns behind glass on the walls. Miles City, another one I cant remember the name, its down town in a historic building. they have cows on the wall, like we do over with deer and elk, they do with cows. High ceilings, tin roof, big picture windows looking out on the street, great bar killer service and awesome cow. The Lions Den, Dillon. wait staff is total babe, who ever is in charge of human resources has the right idea! drinks are weak and the wait can be long long long but man the cow is awesome.

CDAGRIZ said:
polsongrizz said:
EastCoastGriz said:
polsongrizz said:
There is none. Drive to Spokane and eat at Churchill's Steakhouse.
They only sell Sirloin. Which I believe should be ground into a good burger. If I am going to pay $30 for a sirloin steak I would rather pay $45-60+ for a Prime Ribeye or Porterhouse. :thumb:

Polson, if you are ever in an area with a Mastro's, I would like to hear your take on the prime bone-in ribeye.

The only way Pols is ever gettin' into a Mastro's is through the kitchen door, cuz they ain't NEVER lettin' his ugly ass in the front door. :cool:

NorthEndZoneDan said:
the best in Montana, my top three in no particular order: there's a really good steakhouse in Shelby, cant remember the name but the owner has an amazing collection of guns behind glass on the walls. Miles City, another one I cant remember the name, its down town in a historic building. they have cows on the wall, like we do over with deer and elk, they do with cows. High ceilings, tin roof, big picture windows looking out on the street, great bar killer service and awesome cow. The Lions Den, Dillon. wait staff is total babe, who ever is in charge of human resources has the right idea! drinks are weak and the wait can be long long long but man the cow is awesome.

I think the Lion's Den has gone downhill. In Dillon, I would rather eat at Mack's Last Cast. Great food, good atmosphere.

CDAGRIZ said:
Polson, if you are ever in an area with a Mastro's, I would like to hear your take on the prime bone-in ribeye.
I have been to the one in Chicago and Palm Desert. I love the fact that they don't mind shorts, because I hate to have to get dressed up just to eat. They have some really decent steaks. I am not as big a fan of Wet aged as I am Dry aged but they do okay. I can't remember which steak I had there though. I do think they are a little overpriced compared to others in that category. I am not a fan of the table clutter or the nightclub/noise atmosphere however. When I go out for this type of meal I want to be able to talk to the people at the table.
If you ever get to San Francisco try Alexander's Steakhouse. They are at the top of the food chain for steak. I think they are even better than Peter Lugers in NYC and they slay it.
Another great place in SF that won't break the bank but still serves Prime is
House of Prime Rib. I highly recommend it.
In your area though I love Churchills, blows away Spencers and Clinkendagger by a long shot.
If in Vegas try Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House, Cut, Vic and Anthony’s, and one of my top favorites Hugo’s Cellar.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
polsongrizz said:
EastCoastGriz said:

The only way Pols is ever gettin' into a Mastro's is through the kitchen door, cuz they ain't NEVER lettin' his ugly ass in the front door. :cool:
Dude, no dress code, how do you think you got in wearing a wife beater. :thumb:

Oh yeah I forgot to mention my favorite place in Seattle, Metropolitan Grill. The best as far as I know of in the NW.

polsongrizz said:
Oh yeah I forgot to mention my favorite place in Seattle, Metropolitan Grill. The best as far as I know of in the NW.

I've only been to the Met once. Ordered the wrong cut - filet. It was still really good.

Back