• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Overall thoughts on NDSU?

For being such a "class program" and bragging about winning and losing with class most of the posters over here sound like little cry babies.

gobison said:
For being such a "class program" and bragging about winning and losing with class most of the posters over here sound like little cry babies.

What fucking thread did you just read?

CDAGRIZ said:
gobison said:

What f***[*] thread did you just read?

The original posters comments, half of the game thread, etc......
"Beatable" seems the term being thrown around a lot. Kind of funny, because you didn't beat us, until someone does, then we aren't "beatable".

gobison said:
CDAGRIZ said:
gobison said:

"Beatable" seems the term being thrown around a lot. Kind of funny, because you didn't beat us, until someone does, then we aren't "beatable".

So, let me get this straight. Admitting that the Griz have huge issues and saying that the Bizon look beatable makes MOST of the posters on eGriz sound like cry babies?

Also, rad logic. I'm using it. To wit, my wife says that our martini glasses are "breakable." Since none of them have broken, she is wrong.

JohnnyExtacy said:
NDSU struggled a bit. Penalties are incredibly stupid and could bite them in the butt down the road, and they better iron put their passing game.

I was a little suprised at how ineffective Montana is on offense.
I was also a bit surprised at how bad Montana' dline got blown off the ball by NDSU.

NDSU is probably a top 10-25 ranked team, and Montana shouldn't even be ranked.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

gobison said:
CDAGRIZ said:
gobison said:

I believe there is a difference between "unbeaten" and "unbeatable"...

Bizon won, so congrats

CDAGRIZ said:
gobison said:
CDAGRIZ said:
gobison said:

So, let me get this straight. Admitting that the Griz have huge issues and saying that the Bizon look beatable makes MOST of the posters on eGriz sound like cry babies?

Also, rad logic. I'm using it. To wit, my wife says that our martini glasses are "breakable." Since none of them have broken, she is wrong.

The Bison are beatable but it will take a huge effort from another team. Could/can the Griz do it?

Sure they could. They have the defense to slow down and at times stop the Bison. The Griz offense has the tools to be very good. We didn't see that a lot yesterday because the Bison defense is pretty darn good. I thought the Griz would go more to the middle with their passing game to try and expose the Tampa-2 the Bison run. The Griz have some pretty good receivers so I thought more slants and quick outs or short drops by JJ would have kept the Bison defense off guard.

Griz have a good defense and that is a hell of a lot more than EWU and MSU can say... :clap:

Our defense held NDSU to field goals that is true, but they only forced 1 punt all day, and were dominated as NDSU moved the ball at will, especially after half time. I am not going to say that we have as great of defense as many of you are. NDSU was the first decent offense we have faced and they racked up a ton of yards, and we have yet to face a true passing team this season, when NDSU went to the pass they had no trouble at all moving the chains, and they always had their receivers wide open.

2011BisonAlumni said:
gobison,

Get the f*ck off of this site. People like you and Lakes make us look like the biggest POS fanbase in the world.

LOL, OK Lakes.

gobison said:

Really? Have your gone and read the predicition thread on your board? I have not seen garbage posts like that for a long time and it makes your fan base seem like pompus asses. The Bison O does what it needs and wants to do, it wears you out as their O-Line is the best Montana will see. The Bison D is very good, they are fast and don't get out of position very often. That said, after reading threads on your board, the Montana D will be in the top 2 or 3 D's you will face all year. They were on the field for 40 minutes and you got 0 rushing TD's and 1 all afternoon. All in all our D was amazing given they never left the field.

Bison fan in NW MN said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
If I were an NDSU BiSon fan I would be seriously concerned about the inability to score touchdowns in the red zone. That was beyond abysmal. Granted the Griz have one of the best defenses in all of the FCS but NDSU really looked lame. It seems their run game is only effective if there is a threat to throw. The red zone takes away some of that threat.
The BiSon's only touchdown was on a broken play.
I would grade NDSU's performance as a B- with extra credit points being given for penalties not being called.

Yes, the red zone scoring needs to improve but I would give the Griz defense some credit for this yesterday. Some of the play calls by the Bison OC were head scratchers but the Griz defense made some good plays also.

Bison looked "lame?" If "lame" is rushing for 280 yards, having a 2-1 TOP advantage, 24-9 1st down advantage and holding your opponent scoreless in the 2nd half.....I'll take it!! :thumb:

The power west-coast offense isn't "flashing" but the Bison do a good job of running it.

And despite all those flashy stats, if not for an INT in the end zone it's a 19-17 game with 5 minutes left. Stats don't mean shit and don't tell the story. with stats like that, I'd be significantly worried as a Bison fan that the score wasn't 45-10 and not 22-10.

JayLarson said:
Our defense held NDSU to field goals that is true, but they only forced 1 punt all day, and were dominated as NDSU moved the ball at will, especially after half time. I am not going to say that we have as great of defense as many of you are. NDSU was the first decent offense we have faced and they racked up a ton of yards, and we have yet to face a true passing team this season, when NDSU went to the pass they had no trouble at all moving the chains, and they always had their receivers wide open.

NDSU punted twice, and turned it over on downs once.

AZGrizFan said:
Bison fan in NW MN said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
If I were an NDSU BiSon fan I would be seriously concerned about the inability to score touchdowns in the red zone. That was beyond abysmal. Granted the Griz have one of the best defenses in all of the FCS but NDSU really looked lame. It seems their run game is only effective if there is a threat to throw. The red zone takes away some of that threat.
I would grade NDSU's performance as a B- with extra credit points being given for penalties not being called.

Yes, the red zone scoring needs to improve but I would give the Griz defense some credit for this yesterday. Some of the play calls by the Bison OC were head scratchers but the Griz defense made some good plays also.

Bison looked "lame?" If "lame" is rushing for 280 yards, having a 2-1 TOP advantage, 24-9 1st down advantage and holding your opponent scoreless in the 2nd half.....I'll take it!! :thumb:

The power west-coast offense isn't "flashing" but the Bison do a good job of running it.

And despite all those flashy stats, if not for an INT in the end zone it's a 19-17 game with 5 minutes left. Stats don't mean shit and don't tell the story. with stats like that, I'd be significantly worried as a Bison fan that the score wasn't 45-10 and not 22-10.

You can probably use the same type of statement for the Griz...happy it was 22-10 and not 45-10.

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
Bison fan in NW MN said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:

You can probably use the same type of statement for the Griz...happy it was 22-10 and not 45-10.

I am happy. Very happy. Only thing I'm pissed about is that I couldn't find someone to place a bet in Vegas for me, so I lost out on a ton of money.

AZGrizFan said:

Thanks for the correction, that turnover on downs was absolutely huge by the defense, stopping NDSU on 3rd and 2, and 4th and less than 1. I bet that does not happen more than once or twice a season to power running NDSU.

JayLarson said:
AZGrizFan said:

Thanks for the correction, that turnover on downs was absolutely huge by the defense, stopping NDSU on 3rd and 2, and 4th and less than 1. I bet that does not happen more than once or twice a season to power running NDSU.

And oddly, it kind of set the tone inside the red zone for NDSU's playcalling...like the HC didn't want to try that again after that. Their fans (and their board morons) were NOT happy. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Bison fan in NW MN said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:

Why be worried?

Griz played good red zone defense and NDSU mixed in some head scratching calls on offense.

The stats tell the whole story bud. The Bison did what they always do, control the clock and play outstanding defense. They settled for FGs yesterday but some of the credit needs to go to the Griz defense.

Blgs Griz Fan said:

We had these same problems 4-5 years ago. March down the field and stall out. Killed ourselves with stupid penalties. Then our OC finally learned that when your O is ripping off 8-10 yards a crack and you have their D on their heels you keep them on their heels and you keep pounding the ball. Our new OC need to learn that and quit trying to be cute.
As far as the stupid penalties they will clean themselves up with more reps and discipline.

I will give Montana credit. Your D tightened up in the red zone and played tough. You have a better team than people want to give you credit for. Good luck the rest of the season. Would love to see you in the playoffs!

gobison said:

Go away jackass. Trolls like you are not wanted.

Back