• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Players tweeting about Coach Stitt & staff

MTGRZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
The players loved him.

They’ve got to be feeling pretty low and/or pissed off right now.

I’m hoping they all stay, but I know that isn’t always in the cards.

Think about them before you revel in this firing too much. They surely aren’t.

I have heard from people very close to the players that they didn't like him. Either way, I hope they all stay, but I understand if they feel they need to make a change. Best of luck to all in what really is a sad day for the players and coaches. Although we embrace the change, it is all because the team did not play well. Not a whole lot to be overly happy about.

wow...are you saying that the team should be fired too???

406grizfan4life said:
MTGRZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
The players loved him.

They’ve got to be feeling pretty low and/or pissed off right now.

I’m hoping they all stay, but I know that isn’t always in the cards.

Think about them before you revel in this firing too much. They surely aren’t.

I have heard from people very close to the players that they didn't like him. Either way, I hope they all stay, but I understand if they feel they need to make a change. Best of luck to all in what really is a sad day for the players and coaches. Although we embrace the change, it is all because the team did not play well. Not a whole lot to be overly happy about.

wow...are you saying that the team should be fired too???

Lol..... that shit was funny.

George Ferguson said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Its not like a player will come out and be negative about him so understandable we see all the positive tweets. Speaking with an athlete of another UM sport today, they said he was generally not liked. Also found it interesting when they said most players saw him very little if at all until the game.

Only thing wrong with your theory is, these are personal thoughts on their personal Twitter accounts. They aren't being asked how they felt by ANYBODY. They are CHOOSING to put their feelings out there FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE. If you were reading these as quotes in one of our articles, because I stuck a mic in their face and asked them how they feel about Stitt, then sure, you could be skeptical. But that isn't what's going on here. These kids are at their houses, in their dorms, with their friends, getting on their phones, on their personal Twitter accounts and expressing themselves with NO INFLUENCE FROM ANYBODY. To suggest it's not genuine is really effing dumb.
We will never really know. Weather i like or dislike my departing boss I'm still aware of the fact that there will be a new boss coming in. We have all sugar coated things in our life. Whats to say that impressionable 20yr olds cant do the same?

EverettGriz said:
Only egriz could f*** up a thread like this.

Great sentiments from the players. Certainly more maturity shown by them than by a bunch of old men on this board.

This.

My perspective is this was a business decision. The business needed to turn around by now, Coach Stitt wasn't getting that done. He had a full contract and it ended. Remember, it was Mick who righted the ship. The next coach was supposed to put the Griz back on top and it wasn't happening. Nor did it show many signs that it was happening.

I feel for the guy, I really do. I was very high on this selection as a coach. And then week in, week out... disappointment. Screw the boosters. UM will outlive all their money. An AD has to look out for the institution's best interests, and at this time, Coach Stitt wasn't it.

I hope he lands someplace where he can install his offense, have a ton of success and enjoy that period of time until he retires.

And I don't blame players for feeling hurt. This is probably the first time in their lives that a lot of them have seen up close and personal someone they work with losing his job. That's a scary thing and it evokes a lot of emotion.

From what we can all read, it seems like Coach Stitt and his players are showing a lot of class. eGrizzers should do the same.

Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Its not like a player will come out and be negative about him so understandable we see all the positive tweets. Speaking with an athlete of another UM sport today, they said he was generally not liked. Also found it interesting when they said most players saw him very little if at all until the game.

Only thing wrong with your theory is, these are personal thoughts on their personal Twitter accounts. They aren't being asked how they felt by ANYBODY. They are CHOOSING to put their feelings out there FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE. If you were reading these as quotes in one of our articles, because I stuck a mic in their face and asked them how they feel about Stitt, then sure, you could be skeptical. But that isn't what's going on here. These kids are at their houses, in their dorms, with their friends, getting on their phones, on their personal Twitter accounts and expressing themselves with NO INFLUENCE FROM ANYBODY. To suggest it's not genuine is really effing dumb.
We will never really know. Weather i like or dislike my departing boss I'm still aware of the fact that there will be a new boss coming in. We have all sugar coated things in our life. Whats to say that impressionable 20yr olds cant do the same?

I don't know what to tell ya. If you think these guys can't think for themselves and express themselves, I just really feel sorry for you.

Richard Cranium said:
daGrizJ said:
Some of you heartless f**ks on this board should consider if this was your family on Thanksgiving.
[/quo

Listen here chump! This is Montana and we don't stay home on Thanksgiving weekend. The Griz make the playoffs, the Griz beat the cats and we do it with fire in our belly. We don't stand on the sidelines like mindless robots during the Brawl of the Wild game and watch the cats run over the top of us. Sorry if Stitt doesn't get a paycheck in January, but not as sorry to see this talented group of kids not knowing what it's like to beat the cats and play in the playoff!
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

George Ferguson said:
Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:
Igotgoodsources said:

I don't know what to tell ya. If you think these guys can't think for themselves and express themselves, I just really feel sorry for you.

I think Stitt was about as good as we could find at evaluating good kids, obviously you can tell his players liked him and all of the coaches for that matter. In my opinion he did an excellent job bringing good student athletes to Montana. Excellent recruiter, who knows what next year would have brought if he was given the opportunity. I would question some things on the football field. I'm sure there were a few players that might have had a rub with him, but show me a team of 100 college kids that doesn't have that happen. Wish the coaches and their families the best.

George Ferguson said:
Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:
Igotgoodsources said:

My condolences to you as well as it Seems to me that today you learned for the first time in your life that humans can be untruthful.

Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:
Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:

My condolences to you as well as it Seems to me that today you learned for the first time in your life that humans can be untruthful.

Dude, I'm going to leave at this, you're claiming that more than 30 individual players, who weren't asked by anybody, tweeting on their personal accounts are ALL lying. That makes you very strange. They have no reason to do that. NONE. They could choose not to say anything at all. They VOLUNTARILY tweeted personal feelings. I'm not sure what would motivate them to do that if they had to lie about it. But, I'll leave it alone, and let you think that.

George Ferguson said:
Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:
Igotgoodsources said:

Dude, I'm going to leave at this, you're claiming that more than 30 individual players, who weren't asked by anybody, tweeting on their personal accounts are ALL lying. That makes you very strange. They have no reason to do that. NONE. They could choose not to say anything at all. They VOLUNTARILY tweeted personal feelings. I'm not sure what would motivate them to do that if they had to lie about it. But, I'll leave it alone, and let you think that.
Im just saying you shouldnt believe everything you see. One day it may get you in trouble. Cheers to whatever is next for the team and us fans.

it's almost as if the players had a different relationship with the staff than blowhards on a message board.

always feel for coaches and families and players when a coach is let go. they'll all move on just fine though

Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:
Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:

Im just saying you shouldnt believe everything you see. One day it may get you in trouble. Cheers to whatever is next for the team and us fans.

Did every kid on this team love Stitt? Nope. Does every kid on any other team love their head coach? Nope.

Does Stitt care about every one of these players, on both sides of the ball? Does treat them with respect? Does he want them to succeed in life? Has he given time from his personal life to help them succeed and talk them through personal issues? Yes.

Did/will Bobby have the same connection?

I got better sources. Just so you know.

ilovethecats said:
it's almost as if the players had a different relationship with the staff than blowhards on a message board.

always feel for coaches and families and players when a coach is let go. they'll all move on just fine though

totally agree, tough time for all involved. I would say this, if this was going to happen, the quicker the better for all involved. Lot more to life than a game of football. Thanks for posting.

:thumb:
GrizGuy said:
EverettGriz said:
Only egriz could f*** up a thread like this.

Great sentiments from the players. Certainly more maturity shown by them than by a bunch of old men on this board.

This.

My perspective is this was a business decision. The business needed to turn around by now, Coach Stitt wasn't getting that done. He had a full contract and it ended. Remember, it was Mick who righted the ship. The next coach was supposed to put the Griz back on top and it wasn't happening. Nor did it show many signs that it was happening.

I feel for the guy, I really do. I was very high on this selection as a coach. And then week in, week out... disappointment. Screw the boosters. UM will outlive all their money. An AD has to look out for the institution's best interests, and at this time, Coach Stitt wasn't it.

I hope he lands someplace where he can install his offense, have a ton of success and enjoy that period of time until he retires.

And I don't blame players for feeling hurt. This is probably the first time in their lives that a lot of them have seen up close and personal someone they work with losing his job. That's a scary thing and it evokes a lot of emotion.

From what we can all read, it seems like Coach Stitt and his players are showing a lot of class. eGrizzers should do the same.

Have any seniors other than Phillips tweeted support or thanks for Stitt?

How many starters have tweeted support, other than Jensen? Assume some, but don't do twitter and don't recall whats in the thread.

PlayerRep said:

How many starters have tweeted support, other than Jensen? Assume some, but don't do twitter and don't recall whats in the thread.

Not many starters that I see. Obviously one would expect the qb's to voice their support. I bet Caleb Hill is not one that is disappointed. Perhaps he can become a much better qb in a different system.

PlayerRep said:

how many starters don't twit? i assume several, or maybe even most, but don't do twitter and don't know. also think it is kind of dumb to speculate on the subject, but here i am. i don't recall what is in the thread, either.

just wanted everybody to know.

Yeah, and his "sources" are knocking back growlers at some sports bar on Brooks. Get a clue.

Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:
Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:

Back