• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Players tweeting about Coach Stitt & staff

It is asinine to use players loving or not liking a head coach as a reason for losing a job. News flash, regardless of sport, level of sport, etc, there are always a few/some players that don't respect or like their coach. There are also players that love, respect, understand, and are willing to do anything for that same coach. There are always parents that love or hate a coach, for whatever the reasons. All these things come with the job and career.

Funny and ironic part of coaching, as these athletes mature as a person, they will remember situations and lessons learned through/by that coach. Years later, you cross paths with a former player, and that player thanks you for something that is now valuable to them in their life. Regardless of level, getting thanks from a former player, regardless of how that player felt about you as a coach, that is priceless for any coach.

As someone who played all the sports, then later on coached some basketball, baseball, and football, I can honestly say, I am thankful for every coach I ever had, regardless of how I felt about them when I played for them. I am equally thankful for every player I have coached, and every parent that was part of those teams. For me, rather it be as a player or coach, those bonds are something that can never be broken. Those are things a player, coach, or parent cannot put a price tag on. Those are why kids pursue sports, why parents should support their children playing sports, and why coaching is the greatest challenge there is. Coaches not only coach, but they never stop learning. Coaches can learn something personally or professionally from each player and/or parent.

For those who have not actively participated in athletics, you may not completely understand my sentiments here. For those who have played or coached, or even served in the military, you can completely relate to most of this, or even add to it.

Yes, there are many players that are saddened and impacted by the loss of Stitt and his staff. There are other players who are happy to be given another opportunity to play for another coach, rather it be at Montana, or elsewhere. For the players that will remain GRIZ, they will challenge themselves to do more, to make damn sure their new coaches are not in jeopardy. For some, a new coach is a harsh awakening, being you feel guilty or responsible for a good person losing their job, even if you did 100% as asked and expected.

To Coach Stitt and his staff, my best to each of you. I am sure you will all rebound. My hope is, you all find something even more fulfilling and more impactful. To the players, keep your heads high, keep busting ass, and keep the attitude, this is just one bump in the road. Welcome to adulthood.

#lifegoeson

ilovethecats said:
it's almost as if the players had a different relationship with the staff than blowhards on a message board.

always feel for coaches and families and players when a coach is let go. they'll all move on just fine though
Weird, right?

406grizfan4life said:
MTGRZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
The players loved him.

They’ve got to be feeling pretty low and/or pissed off right now.

I’m hoping they all stay, but I know that isn’t always in the cards.

Think about them before you revel in this firing too much. They surely aren’t.

I have heard from people very close to the players that they didn't like him. Either way, I hope they all stay, but I understand if they feel they need to make a change. Best of luck to all in what really is a sad day for the players and coaches. Although we embrace the change, it is all because the team did not play well. Not a whole lot to be overly happy about.

wow...are you saying that the team should be fired too???

No. Obviously not. That is a silly question to ask. I am saying the team did not perform as well as they wanted, the coaches did not perform as they wanted, thus, the program is not where we want it. Stitt not getting his contract renewed is not a good thing from the obvious perspective that it means his team did not perform up to the standard that was set.

While I am glad Haslam has chosen to look for a different coach, I first feel bad for the student athletes, then the UM guys on the coaching staff, and finally Stitt. We would be happy if Stitt beat the cats all three years, and made the playoffs. But he didn't, so I understand why he was not renewed. So, we embrace the change, and support whoever walks through that door as the next head coach. But at the same time, don't put Stitt, his staff, and the student athletes down. They played hard this year, and I'm willing to bet the staff tried their best too.

mtgrizrule said:
It is asinine to use players loving or not liking a head coach as a reason for losing a job. News flash, regardless of sport, level of sport, etc, there are always a few/some players that don't respect or like their coach. There are also players that love, respect, understand, and are willing to do anything for that same coach. There are always parents that love or hate a coach, for whatever the reasons. All these things come with the job and career.

Funny and ironic part of coaching, as these athletes mature as a person, they will remember situations and lessons learned through/by that coach. Years later, you cross paths with a former player, and that player thanks you for something that is now valuable to them in their life. Regardless of level, getting thanks from a former player, regardless of how that player felt about you as a coach, that is priceless for any coach.

As someone who played all the sports, then later on coached some basketball, baseball, and football, I can honestly say, I am thankful for every coach I ever had, regardless of how I felt about them when I played for them. I am equally thankful for every player I have coached, and every parent that was part of those teams. For me, rather it be as a player or coach, those bonds are something that can never be broken. Those are things a player, coach, or parent cannot put a price tag on. Those are why kids pursue sports, why parents should support their children playing sports, and why coaching is the greatest challenge there is. Coaches not only coach, but they never stop learning. Coaches can learn something personally or professionally from each player and/or parent.

For those who have not actively participated in athletics, you may not completely understand my sentiments here. For those who have played or coached, or even served in the military, you can completely relate to most of this, or even add to it.

Yes, there are many players that are saddened and impacted by the loss of Stitt and his staff. There are other players who are happy to be given another opportunity to play for another coach, rather it be at Montana, or elsewhere. For the players that will remain GRIZ, they will challenge themselves to do more, to make damn sure their new coaches are not in jeopardy. For some, a new coach is a harsh awakening, being you feel guilty or responsible for a good person losing their job, even if you did 100% as asked and expected.

To Coach Stitt and his staff, my best to each of you. I am sure you will all rebound. My hope is, you all find something even more fulfilling and more impactful. To the players, keep your heads high, keep busting ass, and keep the attitude, this is just one bump in the road. Welcome to adulthood.

#lifegoeson
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

How many seniors other than Phillips have tweeted support for Stitt? How many MT kids? I haven't looked. Assume there aren't many.

PlayerRep said:
How many seniors other than Phillips have tweeted support for Stitt? How many MT kids? I haven't looked. Assume there aren't many.
Why does it matter, they aren’t going to be here next year anyways.

Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:

If it doesn't matter, why is there a thread on players tweeting support to Stitt?

Man, you are something else. I guess you don't like being wrong so much.

PlayerRep said:
Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:

If it doesn't matter, why is there a thread on players tweeting support to Stitt?

I was just wondering why you are worried about specifically the seniors. Do you have to get your narcissistic jab in at the end about how wrong people are or how no one but you knows anything every time you respond to somebody?

Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:
Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:

I was just wondering why you are worried about specifically the seniors. Do you have to get your narcissistic jab in at the end about how wrong people are or how no one but you knows anything every time you respond to somebody?

Tell us about all your first hand information. I have been in communication with players and parents in the last few days, as well as some bigger supporters. In case you didn't know, a lot of people on the board like to have real information about what goes on with Griz football. You just like to pick. If you want to name call, then I will say that you are obviously a loser.

PlayerRep said:

what's your point, other than to be a negative jerk, greenie? because that is pretty much the only way your post can be interpreted. hate to break it to you, but a hypothetical negative isn't exactly 'contributing to the board', is it now? have you ever thought that maybe not many have twitter accounts, or have twitter accounts with names the fans can figure out?

PlayerRep said:
Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:
Fahque said:

Tell us about all your first hand information. I have been in communication with players and parents in the last few days, as well as some bigger supporters. In case you didn't know, a lot of people on the board like to have real information about what goes on with Griz football. You just like to pick. If you want to name call, then I will say that you are obviously a loser.
Where did I call you a name? Did I hurt your feelers? Good for you, I’m glad you are such an important person, you should go poor yourself a drink. [emoji144]

PlayerRep said:

0 Seniors
2 Montana kids (Williams & Smith)
Majority are Freshmen
Not sure about Caleb Lyons or David Fa'tuesse (sic?)

Are you suggesting a trend? It is strange that none of Delaneys recruits (Lyons?) have posted anything. And interesting that guys that haven't gotten much playing time support him the most.

Players need to put their big boy panties on. If hauck is back they’re in for a rude awakening. Living in Laramie I bore witness to the hiring of Craig bohl after Christensen was let go, and the players that stayed were very ill prepared for bohls’ conditioning regimen and demand of absolute buy in to the tough big boy football he envisioned, and now 4 seasons later has successfully employed. Pretty sure hauck coming back and whipping the stittshow into shape would be very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back