• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Players tweeting about Coach Stitt & staff

I am all for giving thanks that Stitt is gone and Hauck is back!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Man1 said:
I am all for giving thanks that Stitt is gone and Hauck is back!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gawd, thanks for proving my case you complete dipshit.

daGrizJ said:
Some of you heartless f**ks on this board should consider if this was your family on Thanksgiving.
[/quo

Listen here chump! This is Montana and we don't stay home on Thanksgiving weekend. The Griz make the playoffs, the Griz beat the cats and we do it with fire in our belly. We don't stand on the sidelines like mindless robots during the Brawl of the Wild game and watch the cats run over the top of us. Sorry if Stitt doesn't get a paycheck in January, but not as sorry to see this talented group of kids not knowing what it's like to beat the cats and play in the playoff!

Richard Cranium said:
daGrizJ said:
Some of you heartless f**ks on this board should consider if this was your family on Thanksgiving.
[/quo

Listen here chump! This is Montana and we don't stay home on Thanksgiving weekend. The Griz make the playoffs, the Griz beat the cats and we do it with fire in our belly. We don't stand on the sidelines like mindless robots during the Brawl of the Wild game and watch the cats run over the top of us. Sorry if Stitt doesn't get a paycheck in January, but not as sorry to see this talented group of kids not knowing what it's like to beat the cats and play in the playoff!

Hey chump! I have been a UM fan for 55 years and I can still keep life in perspective. SFO.

Only egriz could fuck up a thread like this.

Great sentiments from the players. Certainly more maturity shown by them than by a bunch of old men on this board.

Washgrizfan1 said:
It's nice to see the positive tweets, but it is not true that all players liked him. Multiple players didn't. Older ones and younger ones. And at least some parents didn't either. A number will be glad to see him gone. Also, coach Stitt wasn't the type of coach who even spent much time talking to many of the players or getting to know them.

Interesting, given the comments by these players. One called him a “father” to him. Sounds like he felt he knew him pretty well...

Lots of offensive players got attention....defensive not so much. They got most of their attention from position coaches. Very similar to attention he gave to needs of special teams......

Richard Cranium said:
daGrizJ said:
[/quo

Richard, very nice post :thumb:

Best of luck to Coach Stitt and all the assistants. I can only imagine how difficult it is to go into the holidays not knowing if you’ll be able to provide for your family. While I rooted against UM, I always thought this staff conducted themselves with class and integrity. I’ll be rooting for you all moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonGriz said:
If one thing is obvious in all of this, it's that the MAJORITY of players obviously love and care about Coach Stitt. So in spite of what many claim on here, that the players don't like him or won't run through a wall for him, you are full of shit. Oh and a big f*%K you to guys like UM75 and others who have been claiming that bullshit for a while now. You should be ashamed.

HookonGriz, I am ashamed at your personal attack. Have a frickin' clue! Why can't you just agree to disagree and let it go. Man, sometimes I wonder about the human condition!

Your attack is so what is wrong with our citizenry today. Wow!

wbtfg said:
Best of luck to Coach Stitt and all the assistants. I can only imagine how difficult it is to go into the holidays not knowing if you’ll be able to provide for your family. While I rooted against UM, I always thought this staff conducted themselves with class and integrity. I’ll be rooting for you all moving forward.

Very classy and well put.

Hope the assistants are able to find new opportunities quickly, whether it is under the new coach or somewhere else. Stitt is a good man as well. I hope he also finds an opportunity to continue his coaching career.

wbtfg said:

You are a great Cat poster, WBT.

Its not like a player will come out and be negative about him so understandable we see all the positive tweets. Speaking with an athlete of another UM sport today, they said he was generally not liked. Also found it interesting when they said most players saw him very little if at all until the game.

Ursus1 said:
Lots of offensive players got attention....defensive not so much. They got most of their attention from position coaches. Very similar to attention he gave to needs of special teams......

yeah, and the guy everybody wants to replace stitt with was like best friends with all the team when he was the coach... :roll:

umwsufan said:
HookedonGriz said:
If one thing is obvious in all of this, it's that the MAJORITY of players obviously love and care about Coach Stitt. So in spite of what many claim on here, that the players don't like him or won't run through a wall for him, you are full of shit. Oh and a big f*%K you to guys like UM75 and others who have been claiming that bullshit for a while now. You should be ashamed.

HookonGriz, I am ashamed at your personal attack. Have a frickin' clue! Why can't you just agree to disagree and let it go. Man, sometimes I wonder about the human condition!

Your attack is so what is wrong with our citizenry today. Wow!

You must not have been around to hear all of um75 lies about how much the players hated Stitt. I simply called him out on that bullshit, just like you just did to me. Funny thing is I'm fine with you doing that. Do you need a safe space though?

Igotgoodsources said:
Its not like a player will come out and be negative about him so understandable we see all the positive tweets. Speaking with an athlete of another UM sport today, they said he was generally not liked. Also found it interesting when they said most players saw him very little if at all until the game.

Only thing wrong with your theory is, these are personal thoughts on their personal Twitter accounts. They aren't being asked how they felt by ANYBODY. They are CHOOSING to put their feelings out there FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE. If you were reading these as quotes in one of our articles, because I stuck a mic in their face and asked them how they feel about Stitt, then sure, you could be skeptical. But that isn't what's going on here. These kids are at their houses, in their dorms, with their friends, getting on their phones, on their personal Twitter accounts and expressing themselves with NO INFLUENCE FROM ANYBODY. To suggest it's not genuine is really effing dumb.

argh! said:
Ursus1 said:

yeah, and the guy everybody wants to replace stitt with was like best friends with all the team when he was the coach... :roll:

No he wasnt....and maybe that is what made him successful. Do not need to be buddies, father figures, etc to players to be a good coach . The job is to bring in kids who graduate, keep noses clean, fill the stadium, and win games. They are college football players and not middle school girls. Think Belichick....no warm fuzzies with him but by far best coach in NFL..... or Sabin in FBS.

Back