• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Position Breakdown: RB

Nguyen works hard and it seems Stitt is pleased with him at RB. I wish Nguyen the best for a successful year.

Spanky said:
Moregooder....Willie Jones was Avery good all around athlete from Livingston. Football, basketball, tennis. Was an attorney in Hardin and Billings.
No, the Willie Jones I refer to is from Michigan and was in the class of 68. He was an All-American trackster in1968 with a pulled ham string. Jones still holds the 200 meter mark at the university (20.84). This mark is unbelievable because it was most likely set on a dirt track (Weber St. was the only school that had an all weathered track back then). In 1967 Willie Jones won the 100 and 200 yard dashes and also won the long jump at the Big Sky Outdoor Conference Championships. Jones also played football for Jack Sarthout's Montana Grizzlies and was an All Conference selection at running back in 1965 (Hugh Davidson coached then). Jones is STILL the fastest Grizzly to ever play football and was an amazing player on a bad team. His picture is in the Hall of Champions in the track section.

Moregooder....the Jones I mentioned played about 1939. Wonderful athlete. I think his picture is in the Missoula Club.

getgrizzy said:
garizzalies said:
getgrizzy said:
...the quote didn't say we struggled against the run...

"We needed some help there," Stitt said. "We struggled against the run and we struggle with depth with the inside guys.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73234&p=1138824#p1138824
The run D was second in the BSC at 3.9 per carry and we played NDSU ... TWICE!!! It's ludicrous for Stitt say that. Obvious coach speak. Where's the link and what's the date of story? I bet he said that AFTER Gregorak left.
Bwahaha
This thread has it all.
Gwen exposed
Gwen and Ace dead to rights (of course they'll never admit it)
Ace bashing a new recruit.
All it's missing is a few more dissertations by Gary.

grizaremoregooder said:
Spanky said:
Moregooder....Willie Jones was Avery good all around athlete from Livingston. Football, basketball, tennis. Was an attorney in Hardin and Billings.
No, the Willie Jones I refer to is from Michigan and was in the class of 68. He was an All-American trackster in1968 with a pulled ham string. Jones still holds the 200 meter mark at the university (20.84). This mark is unbelievable because it was most likely set on a dirt track (Weber St. was the only school that had an all weathered track back then). In 1967 Willie Jones won the 100 and 200 yard dashes and also won the long jump at the Big Sky Outdoor Conference Championships. Jones also played football for Jack Sarthout's Montana Grizzlies and was an All Conference selection at running back in 1965 (Hugh Davidson coached then). Jones is STILL the fastest Grizzly to ever play football and was an amazing player on a bad team. His picture is in the Hall of Champions in the track section.

I went to school with Willie Jones in the 60's fastest Griz ever. He and Roy Robinson were a wonderful 1/2
Punch in football and track. Willie was a victim of playing on below average teams. Back in the day when frosh
Could only play on the frosh team Willie beat northern montana college almost by himself. His quickness
Was something to behold.

grizophile said:
grizaremoregooder said:
Spanky said:

I went to school with Willie Jones in the 60's fastest Griz ever. He and Roy Robinson were a wonderful 1/2
Punch in football and track. Willie was a victim of playing on below average teams. Back in the day when frosh
Could only play on the frosh team Willie beat northern montana college almost by himself. His quickness
Was something to behold.
He was Barry Sanders 20 years ahead of his time.

Latest posts

Back