• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Praeter

Alfie simply stated his starting QB pick for the next season.
If he is right we shall all give him the clap.
If he is wrong we will find him and his fat Mexican girl drinking at skid's and I know he will buy the next round! After we pummel No Dak.

Umista said:
If he is wrong we will find him and his fat Mexican girl drinking at skid's and I know he will buy the next round! After we pummel No Dak.

Is this Canuck slang for something up north? Otherwise, you can be the sole participant of that party. :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHrNOrLr2vw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prater, what an impressive athlete and kid. Has a rocket arm (throws it the length of the field), is pin-point accurate in his videos and according to those in the business.

He isn't messing around, he's coming to Montana to compete and start.

UM IS LOADED AT QB FOR YEARS TO COME

I would like to propose a moratorium on use of the descriptor "pinpoint accuracy" when commenting on QB highlight tapes.

mtgriz said:
I would like to propose a moratorium on use of the descriptor "pinpoint accuracy" when commenting on QB highlight tapes.

That's why I said "drops 40 yard passes on a dime"... :D :D

Umista said:

So, no matter what the outcome is, Alpha could get the clap...

IntuitiveGriz said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHrNOrLr2vw

Prater, what an impressive athlete and kid. Has a rocket arm (throws it the length of the field), is pin-point accurate in his videos and according to those in the business.

He isn't messing around, he's coming to Montana to compete and start.

UM IS LOADED AT QB FOR YEARS TO COME

Shortened field, but that first throw is 60 yards in the air. Didn't quite connect, but impressive none the less.

cclarkblues said:
Umista said:

So, no matter what the outcome is, Alpha could get the clap...

There is no way Alpha doesn't already have the clap!

I asked in another thread but either no one saw it or no one knew the answer. Does anyone know how much eligibility Prater has remaining? He attended NAU after high school which should have been his redshirt year, but his Hawaii bio page said he redshirted there last year. If he was a greyshirt at NAU then he would have 4 years remaining, otherwise only three.

I would say Sophomore this year, at least that is what it looks like from ESPNs website. He was listed as a Freshman last season.

another factor for competing for a starting job next year has to be his age.....with age,, maturity and wisdom are both acquired...that might be the difference in who wins the job of the starting qb.......I like his chances.....

I would also find it hard to believe that he could be rattled on a football field after being in real combat situations. A game would seem slow and mundane compared to things he has experienced in the field.

griz4life said:
Dude is tearing that defense apart.

:D Looks great in passing drills, but you're right, we don't know what he's like against full defenses, other than his high school highlight clip, which is incomplete (so to speak) to say the least.

Alpha's got a good point, though: You wouldn't think football game pressure would rattle him much after the training and experiences he's had already in the military.

It would be quite a story if he could become a star after seemingly dropping off the college football map for a few years. Sounds as though he's matured a lot since his NAU year.

Regardless, it'll be interesting to see what he can do--and having him around should provide a dose of maturity, competitiveness, and intensity to the rest of the QB corps, even if he isn't the be-all and end-all.

Receivers better get ready for his fastballs, though. ;)

Back