• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls - Big Sky

4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
It's exactly the position I had taken prior to the Bobcat game. The only difference was I was (at that point) confident that he would, in fact, beat the 'scats (remember my "guarantee" thread that PR took so seriously?) and that Semore would, in fact, have learned from 2016's debacle. I was wrong on both counts. I've admitted as much a number of times since the 'scat game on this very board. What else would you like me to say? And why is this so important to you? He's gone, remember?
No it’s not the same position, at all. You did not take the position “prior” to the cat/Griz that “you had seen enough of Stitt to know he sucked ass.” In fact, you basically said the opposite (that you wanted to see how the game went and were willing to extend under some circumstances).
I have no issue with your goofy guarantee or even your desire to extend him. I thought it was crazy, but you’re entitled to your op.
The reason I called you out today is the tone of the other post (“I saw enough of Stitt...”). That sounded like something Kem or I would have said about Stitt, but coming from you in particular, it sounded like revisionary history.
I called you on it, and if I’m ever talking out my ass, I hope someone calls me on it too

Yes. I saw enough of Stitt AFTER THE CAT GAME to know that he didn’t have it. I’m really not sure why this sticks in your craw so badly. Stitt is STILL living rent free in your head, bud. You might wanna get in line with some other folks and get that checked out...

Let me get this straight----so, it took the Cat game before you realized that Stitt didn't have it??? Wow! I can not believe you would actually post this, because it shows that you must be a slow learner, because most of us knew this much earlier, and some of us knew it half-way through his first season.

Really? You mean that year they went 6-2 in conference and beat #1 NDSU and crushed #10 EWU and MSU during the season and then beat #10 SDSU in the playoffs and finished #14 in the nation? Yeah, you're all fucking geniuses. :lol: The Griz had won 5/6 games going into the 'scat game last year. They'd played two bad halves of football all year and subsequently lost both games. Fuck me for having faith in the coach/coaching staff to evolve and learn from their mistakes. When I watched a virtual replay of the 2016 'scat game I knew it was over and he needed to go.

It's really not that complicated. Who'd have thunk Stitt would still be living rent free in the heads of so many people this long after he was fired....

SoldierGriz said:
Oh, the drama...

Like many fans:
AZ preferred not to see another coaching change. Reasonable.
AZ believed the Griz would beat the cats. Beyond reasonable.
AZ increasingly believed Semore was in-over-his-head. Reasonable.

When the Griz lost to the cats, things changed. I think his thoughts were pretty consistent with many Griz fans, me included. Reasonable.

Big deal. Well past time to move on. Game-day is anywhere between 36-38 days away, depending on which clock is working on eGriz. :)

:thumb:

somebody gets it.

SoldierGriz said:
Oh, the drama...

Like many fans:
AZ preferred not to see another coaching change. Reasonable.
AZ believed the Griz would beat the cats. Beyond reasonable.
AZ increasingly believed Semore was in-over-his-head. Reasonable.

When the Griz lost to the cats, things changed. I think his thoughts were pretty consistent with many Griz fans, me included. Reasonable.

Big deal. Well past time to move on. Game-day is anywhere between 36-38 days away, depending on which clock is working on eGriz. :)

Soldier is correct, it's time to gather our pitchforks and torches and channel our collective anger at a new topic beyond Stitt & Hauck.

I would suggest we turn our attention toward our inability to have an accurate countdown clock on eGriz. This countdown clock project was assigned to the crack e-Griz tech guru, Mr. T.

As is typical of his generation, Mr. T completed the task while bingewatching reruns of GOT and constantly checking his Tinder Acct.for non- existant replies. As can be expected, we are left with a faulty and inaccurate final product. Most of which was predicted in my soon to be released e-Griz tell all book, How Millennials Ruined College Football Countdown Clocks (Bantam).

AZGrizFan said:
4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
No it’s not the same position, at all. You did not take the position “prior” to the cat/Griz that “you had seen enough of Stitt to know he sucked ass.” In fact, you basically said the opposite (that you wanted to see how the game went and were willing to extend under some circumstances).
I have no issue with your goofy guarantee or even your desire to extend him. I thought it was crazy, but you’re entitled to your op.
The reason I called you out today is the tone of the other post (“I saw enough of Stitt...”). That sounded like something Kem or I would have said about Stitt, but coming from you in particular, it sounded like revisionary history.
I called you on it, and if I’m ever talking out my ass, I hope someone calls me on it too

Yes. I saw enough of Stitt AFTER THE CAT GAME to know that he didn’t have it. I’m really not sure why this sticks in your craw so badly. Stitt is STILL living rent free in your head, bud. You might wanna get in line with some other folks and get that checked out...

Let me get this straight----so, it took the Cat game before you realized that Stitt didn't have it??? Wow! I can not believe you would actually post this, because it shows that you must be a slow learner, because most of us knew this much earlier, and some of us knew it half-way through his first season.

Really? You mean that year they went 6-2 in conference and beat #1 NDSU and crushed #10 EWU and MSU during the season and then beat #10 SDSU in the playoffs and finished #14 in the nation? Yeah, you're all f***[*] geniuses. :lol: The Griz had won 5/6 games going into the 'scat game last year. They'd played two bad halves of football all year and subsequently lost both games. f*** me for having faith in the coach/coaching staff to evolve and learn from their mistakes. When I watched a virtual replay of the 2016 'scat game I knew it was over and he needed to go.

It's really not that complicated. Who'd have thunk Stitt would still be living rent free in the heads of so many people this long after he was fired....

If Stitt is living in anyone's head, it is yours.

4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Really? You mean that year they went 6-2 in conference and beat #1 NDSU and crushed #10 EWU and MSU during the season and then beat #10 SDSU in the playoffs and finished #14 in the nation? Yeah, you're all f***[*] geniuses. :lol: The Griz had won 5/6 games going into the 'scat game last year. They'd played two bad halves of football all year and subsequently lost both games. f*** me for having faith in the coach/coaching staff to evolve and learn from their mistakes. When I watched a virtual replay of the 2016 'scat game I knew it was over and he needed to go.

Mmmm hmmmm...except I’m not the one constantly bringing him up. I quit on him on 11/19/17. You should Try it....the first step is admitting you have a problem bud...

AZGrizFan said:
4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
4theluvofgriz said:

Mmmm hmmmm...except I’m not the one constantly bringing him up. I quit on him on 11/19/17. You should Try it....the first step is admitting you have a problem bud...

I'd have a problem if I drank Bud...... but my taste buds are much more acute. I prefer a good IPA. Meanwhile, keep spinning the fact that you lobbied hard for Stitt to be retained, and also have been critical of the Hauck hiring.

AZGrizFan said:
4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:

Note that no. 14 in the nation was a drop off from the prior two years of nos. 12 and 8 in the nation. That's when the slide to 35th began.

Az, I didn’t start following egriz until this past March so I have no independent knowledge of your prior posts re stitt. I think my first encounter with you was over how Hauck got hired and I believe you stated something like you thought it was unethical how he got the job or how he went about getting stitt fired. That being said and not knowing your past support of stitt in posts from the last season, I still pick up a negative vibe from you about Hauck even in some of your more seemly inocuous posts, like your recent post on my Hauck “reload” comment on another thread. Dude, you got some kinda anti Hauck thing going on in your head that still comes out at times in your posts. I will give you credit for your haucksucker trademark though. Don’t like it but I will admit it does have an effect. :clap: :thumb:

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Note that no. 14 in the nation was a drop off from the prior two years of nos. 12 and 8 in the nation. That's when the slide to 35th began.

You’re gettin’ slow, PR. Predictable but slow. I set that up on a tee for you two days ago.

Dutch Lane said:
Az, I didn’t start following egriz until this past March so I have no independent knowledge of your prior posts re stitt. I think my first encounter with you was over how Hauck got hired and I believe you stated something like you thought it was unethical how he got the job or how he went about getting stitt fired. That being said and not knowing your past support of stitt in posts from the last season, I still pick up a negative vibe from you about Hauck even in some of your more seemly inocuous posts, like your recent post on my Hauck “reload” comment on another thread. Dude, you got some kinda anti Hauck thing going on in your head that still comes out at times in your posts. I will give you credit for your haucksucker trademark though. Don’t like it but I will admit it does have an effect. :clap: :thumb:

Again, for the 1000’th time, the reload question was a simple question. I can’t control what those of you with Stitt living rent free in your heads read into simple questions.

And see? You havent’ even READ my past posts, but you just blindly believe what other dipshits tell you about my “past support of Stitt” because you’re a Hauck supporter. And hey, that’s fine...but the vitriolic defense against ANYTHING even REMOTELY perceived as “anti-Hauck” on here is frighteningly similar to what I see coming out of the far left and far right political spectrums. It’s like “You’re either 100% WITH us, or you’re against us!!!” When it comes to Hauck there’s lots to like and if they were going to fire Stitt there’s probably not anybody I’d rather see back coaching the Griz, but godforfuckingbid anybody have the nerve to question a decision, an action, or a behavior. :roll: :roll: :roll: If anyone deigns to make a perceived negative comment about Hauck, you’re automatically labeled a “Stitt lover” or a “Hauck hater”...

And the only “anti” Hauck thing I have going on is peoples’ short memories about how the guy was treated and talked about on here LAST time he was here...there’s a ton of revisionist history going on. There are individuals here (at least from their posts) who are just CERTAIN that this time he’s the second coming of Christ and is here to lift Montana football up on angel wings and take us to the promised land (thus the “Haucksuckers” term). The only difference between then and now is that after basically a decade of mediocre performance (for Montana’s program expectations, mind you), the fanbase’s general expectations have been lowered to the point that now the majority would be ECSTATIC about multiple BSC championships, deep playoff runs every now and then and never winning the big one. They forget that it was that EXACT formula that caused BH to wear out his welcome in the first place (certainly on eGriz). But somehow, this time its going to be different? Magically? The hypocrisy is strong...

Not sure if anyone posted this as I haven’t seen it.

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2018-preseason-preview-montana-bzbz

Back