• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls - Big Sky

UC Davis is probably better than that prediction. Offensively anyway. They may very well have the best qb-wr chemistry in the league in Maier and Doss.

AZGrizFan said:
I saw quite enough of Stitt to know that he had worn out his welcome and that his O and D schemes weren’t conducive to beating the better teams in the conference on a regular basis.
Huh? Didn’t you post that KH should be waiting in the tunnel after the cat/Griz game with a contract extension for Stitt to sign?

MTGRZ said:
kemajic said:
garizzalies said:
I remember thinking at some point near the mid-season of Bobby’s first year that, “holy shit, we may not even make the playoffs this year; why did we hire this new, young coach; he is so far over his head they’re going to send him down the river in a barrel.”
Now it’s basically the opposite.
In 2003, we had a inexperienced coach who may have overachieved because of a positive talent margin vs BSC. Now we have an experienced coach who could underachieve because of a negative margin
Many forget that both 2002 QBs had graduated and BH was left with Jeff Disney. The Griz had lost three of their last four games in 2002, so the team entering 2003 had little resemblence to the 2001 NC team.

Good post. At one point, 5 foot tall Kyle Sampson played QB for the Griz that year....

:lol: :lol:

garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
I saw quite enough of Stitt to know that he had worn out his welcome and that his O and D schemes weren’t conducive to beating the better teams in the conference on a regular basis.
Huh? Didn’t you post that KH should be waiting in the tunnel after the cat/Griz game with a contract extension for Stitt to sign?

If he won. Which he didn't. AND if he was willing to can Semore. Which he wasn't.

AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
kemajic said:
garizzalies said:
I remember thinking at some point near the mid-season of Bobby’s first year that, “holy shit, we may not even make the playoffs this year; why did we hire this new, young coach; he is so far over his head they’re going to send him down the river in a barrel.”
Now it’s basically the opposite.
In 2003, we had a inexperienced coach who may have overachieved because of a positive talent margin vs BSC. Now we have an experienced coach who could underachieve because of a negative margin
Many forget that both 2002 QBs had graduated and BH was left with Jeff Disney. The Griz had lost three of their last four games in 2002, so the team entering 2003 had little resemblence to the 2001 NC team.

Good post. At one point, 5 foot tall Kyle Sampson played QB for the Griz that year....

To be fair, I believe it was mop-up time at the end of a blowout win.

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:

If he won. Which he didn't. AND if he was willing to can Semore. Which he wasn't.
Whaaa? I don’t think you even realize how inconsistent your 2 above posts are.
So by seeing “quite enough of Stitt to know he [sucked ass]” what you’re really talking about is hindsight (now), or that last game changed your mind, because you were singing a different tune prior to leaning that he got Stitt-canned.
And even with this explanation, your posts still don’t make sense because you’re basically saying that if Stitt won and fired Semore, he still should have been extended even tho he “wore out his welcome” and his “O scheme was not conducive” for beating better teams.
Sounds like nonsense to me, or trying to cover your tracks

MTGRZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
kemajic said:

I don't think it was. In 2003 didn't he co-QB vs idaho running the option. I feel like he played quite a bit

MTGRZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
kemajic said:

Kyle Sampson started Montana's 41-28 win over Idaho, running the triple option in one of the great coaching moves of Bobby Hauck's early career. He spearheaded a surprise option attack that helped the Griz rush for 344 yards and beat the Vandals in the 100th matchup of the rivalry. That win also serves as the last time Montana played Idaho in football.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
MTGRZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:

Kyle Sampson started Montana's 41-28 win over Idaho, running the triple option in one of the great coaching moves of Bobby Hauck's early career. He spearheaded a surprise option attack that helped the Griz rush for 344 yards and beat the Vandals in the 100th matchup of the rivalry. That win also serves as the last time Montana played Idaho in football.
He also played against Montana State. That one didn't turn out quite as well for the chap.

ABQCat said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
MTGRZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

He also played against Montana State. That one didn't turn out quite as well for the chap.

‘03? That was Ochs.

garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:

So by seeing “quite enough of Stitt to know he [sucked ass]” what you’re really talking about is hindsight (now), or that last game changed your mind, because you were singing a different tune prior to leaning that he got Stitt-canned.
And even with this explanation, your posts still don’t make sense because you’re basically saying that if Stitt won and fired Semore, he still should have been extended even tho he “wore out his welcome” and his “O scheme was not conducive” for beating better teams.

It's exactly the position I had taken prior to the Bobcat game. The only difference was I was (at that point) confident that he would, in fact, beat the 'scats (remember my "guarantee" thread that PR took so seriously?) and that Semore would, in fact, have learned from 2016's debacle. I was wrong on both counts. I've admitted as much a number of times since the 'scat game on this very board. What else would you like me to say? And why is this so important to you? He's gone, remember?

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
MTGRZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:

Thanks Colter. You know what, I learned something today! Also, I think I may have been remembering some clean up time against EWU?

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:

It's exactly the position I had taken prior to the Bobcat game. The only difference was I was (at that point) confident that he would, in fact, beat the 'scats (remember my "guarantee" thread that PR took so seriously?) and that Semore would, in fact, have learned from 2016's debacle. I was wrong on both counts. I've admitted as much a number of times since the 'scat game on this very board. What else would you like me to say? And why is this so important to you? He's gone, remember?
No it’s not the same position, at all. You did not take the position “prior” to the cat/Griz that “you had seen enough of Stitt to know he sucked ass.” In fact, you basically said the opposite (that you wanted to see how the game went and were willing to extend under some circumstances).
I have no issue with your goofy guarantee or even your desire to extend him. I thought it was crazy, but you’re entitled to your op.
The reason I called you out today is the tone of the other post (“I saw enough of Stitt...”). That sounded like something Kem or I would have said about Stitt, but coming from you in particular, it sounded like revisionary history.
I called you on it, and if I’m ever talking out my ass, I hope someone calls me on it too

garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:

No it’s not the same position, at all. You did not take the position “prior” to the cat/Griz that “you had seen enough of Stitt to know he sucked ass.” In fact, you basically said the opposite (that you wanted to see how the game went and were willing to extend under some circumstances).
I have no issue with your goofy guarantee or even your desire to extend him. I thought it was crazy, but you’re entitled to your op.
The reason I called you out today is the tone of the other post (“I saw enough of Stitt...”). That sounded like something Kem or I would have said about Stitt, but coming from you in particular, it sounded like revisionary history.
I called you on it, and if I’m ever talking out my ass, I hope someone calls me on it too

Yes. I saw enough of Stitt AFTER THE CAT GAME to know that he didn’t have it. I’m really not sure why this sticks in your craw so badly. Stitt is STILL living rent free in your head, bud. You might wanna get in line with some other folks and get that checked out...

Well how did you cure your Stitt Derangement Syndrome (“SDS”) so fast?
Do we all have to hit rock bottom first, too?

garizzalies said:
Well how did you cure your Stitt Derangement Syndrome (“SDS”) so fast?
Do we all have to hit rock bottom first, too?

Yes...and judging by your posts, you’ve got a ways to go yet. It gets better, bud. Trust me. :thumb: :D

DuCharme said:
ABQCat said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
MTGRZ said:

‘03? That was Ochs.
You're correct, although Sampson was in a QB for at least a series. I don't know if it was because Ochs was tweaked or BH was trying to shake things up, nor can I find any stat line that indicates he played QB. I don't remember how many series he played, but I do remember Sampson playing QB that day.

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:

Yes. I saw enough of Stitt AFTER THE CAT GAME to know that he didn’t have it. I’m really not sure why this sticks in your craw so badly. Stitt is STILL living rent free in your head, bud. You might wanna get in line with some other folks and get that checked out...

Let me get this straight----so, it took the Cat game before you realized that Stitt didn't have it??? Wow! I can not believe you would actually post this, because it shows that you must be a slow learner, because most of us knew this much earlier, and some of us knew it half-way through his first season.

4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:

Let me get this straight----so, it took the Cat game before you realized that Stitt didn't have it??? Wow! I can not believe you would actually post this, because it shows that you must be a slow learner, because most of us knew this much earlier, and some of us knew it half-way through his first season.
That’s why it caught my eye too.
On the morning of 11/18/17, AZ was hoping KH would be waiting in the tunnel after the game with an extension contact for Stitt. But by that afternoon, AZ had seen enough of Stitt to know that he wore out his welcome and his teams, including his O!, would never beat good teams.
If it weren’t for those pesky archives, AZ could just take the Trump approach and claim he meant to say “wouldn’t” extend instead of “would.”

Oh, the drama...

Like many fans:
AZ preferred not to see another coaching change. Reasonable.
AZ believed the Griz would beat the cats. Beyond reasonable.
AZ increasingly believed Semore was in-over-his-head. Reasonable.

When the Griz lost to the cats, things changed. I think his thoughts were pretty consistent with many Griz fans, me included. Reasonable.

Big deal. Well past time to move on. Game-day is anywhere between 36-38 days away, depending on which clock is working on eGriz. :)

Latest posts

Back