• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls - Big Sky

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
I’m thinking 6+ wins. The fact that no bsc teams will know how to scheme against a Hauck team yet as opposed to what they faced with Stitt will help add another win or two. The schedule favors us to so may be another win or two. 8 wins is possible but I think some luck will have to play into it. I’m just really jacked that BH is back and good things seem to keep falling into place. Even if they have a losing season no big deal he will just still reload with his recruits until he has the team he wants.

How long does that take, in your mind? The “reloading”?

How long do you think UM should have given Stitt to reload? He had 3 years, and the team seemed to be going down hill? How long should he have gotten to reload?

My question had nothing to do with Stitt. I was curious as to Dutch’s “window” he was willing to give the coach to reload. What is everyone’s fascination with Stitt here? He’s gone, you know. BH is the coach. You and Dutch and Kem should try and let it go, as I have....or seek counseling. Because he (Stitt) REALLY seems to be stuck in your craw(s).

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
I’m thinking 6+ wins. The fact that no bsc teams will know how to scheme against a Hauck team yet as opposed to what they faced with Stitt will help add another win or two. The schedule favors us to so may be another win or two. 8 wins is possible but I think some luck will have to play into it. I’m just really jacked that BH is back and good things seem to keep falling into place. Even if they have a losing season no big deal he will just still reload with his recruits until he has the team he wants.

How long do you think UM should have given Stitt to reload? He had 3 years, and the team seemed to be going down hill? How long should he have gotten to reload?

My question had nothing to do with Stitt. I was curious as to Dutch’s “window” he was willing to give the coach to reload. What is everyone’s fascination with Stitt here? He’s gone, you know. BH is the coach. You and Dutch and Kem should try and let it go, as I have....or seek counseling. Because he (Stitt) REALLY seems to be stuck in your craw(s).

Could not resist one final comment here........ Stitt may be gone, but his effect on the Griz program will be felt for at least two more years, as the roster he has left us with is unrecognizable to most Griz fans. I just read Brint's take on the what the starting team might look like, and so many of these kids (especially on defense) are names I do not even recognize, and who have had very little if any playing time. I can not remember going into a new season with so many unknowns.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:

I asked a separate question for you. Wasn't addressing your question. Your question reminded me of another question, which I asked.

Also, we bring it up because we are smart enough to see that many of your questions/comments are motivated by your wanting to compare to Stitt. None of us believe you have "let it go". You haven't.

Lastly, some comparisons of the 2 coaches are relevant. If Stitt was given 3 years to reload or turn things around from teams ranked nos. 12 and 8 in the nation, why should Hauck be given less time to reload and turn around a team that has fallen out of the top 30?

4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Could not resist one final comment here........ Stitt may be gone, but his effect on the Griz program will be felt for at least two more years, as the roster he has left us with is unrecognizable to most Griz fans. I just read Brint's take on the what the starting team might look like, and so many of these kids (especially on defense) are names I do not even recognize, and who have had very little if any playing time. I can not remember going into a new season with so many unknowns.

OK. Not to drag on this useless conversation, but REALLY? If you haven't heard of "so many" of these kids then you REALLY haven't been paying attention:

Offense

QB: Sneed / Humphrey
RB: Lee / Calhoun or Green or Eastwood
WR: Curran / Akem
WR: Toure or Calhoun / Taylor
WR: Louie-McGee / Roberts
TE: Bingham / Hill or Corbin
T: Beaver / Scott
T: Jackson / Keintz
G: Eickmeyer / Scott
G: Villanueva / Longoria
C: Hart / Meyer

Defense: (this set is based on what I saw at the spring scrimmage)

DL: Sims / Rodriguez
DL: Tilleman / Sirmon
DL: Shaw / Davis
LB/DE: Buss / Olson / Matthews
LB: Cochran / Lewis
LB / R: Robertson / Miller
CB: Nash / Cowans
CB: Crow / Egbo
S: Sandry / McGinnis
S: Hauck / Epperly

I'm sorry, but there's a TON of talent returning. And BH has done a good job of bringing in talent to fill some of the holes (Sneed, Humphrey, Miller, etc.). Yes, there's a few more needs out there (OL & CB depth), but there's a lot of kids on the roster who are VERY familiar to anybody who's more than just a casual Griz fan. Let's hope Bobby can round them into form and plug the holes with transfers or coach-ups. :thumb:

Dutch Lane said:

I've seen comments similar to this and while I don't necessarily disagree, won't it work the other way as well? bobby won't have schemed against any of these teams either correct? seems like more of an unknown than an advantage.

excited to have bobby back though. I think he's great for this conference.

Here is my non-optomistic stab at this seasons standings. Suprise team will be UCD, and UI will be real hard for anyone to beat.

#1 EWU
#2 UI
#3 WSU
#4 UCD
#5 Sac St
#6 SUU
#7 NAU
#8 UM
#9 MSU
#10 CP
#11 PSU
#12 ISU
#13 UNC

ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:

I've seen comments similar to this and while I don't necessarily disagree, won't it work the other way as well? bobby won't have schemed against any of these teams either correct? seems like more of an unknown than an advantage.

Have you ever heard of teams/coaches/video guys reviewing tape of opponents extensively prior to playing them? My understanding is that's how the game schemes are developed for opponents. They coaches don't go back to their notes on prior games.

AZGrizFan said:
4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

OK. Not to drag on this useless conversation, but REALLY? If you haven't heard of "so many" of these kids then you REALLY haven't been paying attention:

Offense

I'm sorry, but there's a TON of talent returning. And BH has done a good job of bringing in talent to fill some of the holes (Sneed, Humphrey, Miller, etc.). Yes, there's a few more needs out there (OL & CB depth), but there's a lot of kids on the roster who are VERY familiar to anybody who's more than just a casual Griz fan. Let's hope Bobby can round them into form and plug the holes with transfers or coach-ups. :thumb:

Nobody on here will deter you from your unbridled enthusiasm for this season. Yes, from the number of posts you make, I am quite sure you know every name on the roster, as well as their shoe sizes, but that does not change the fact that so many of these projected starters have little to no game-time experience. No amount of raw athleticism can substitute for game experience.

To me, the expectations set by you and many others are a formula for immediate bitching and posts about how well Stitt would have done if he had been retained; if we get beat early by a couple of very good non-conference teams. I want fans to be realistic about this team, so as not to freak out when we don't immediately go 9-2 or 8-3 in Hauck's first season.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:

Have you ever heard of teams/coaches/video guys reviewing tape of opponents extensively prior to playing them? My understanding is that's how the game schemes are developed for opponents. They coaches don't go back to their notes on prior games.
for sure. :thumb:

just seems like it'd be a wash in those regards but i guess time will tell...

I remember thinking at some point near the mid-season of Bobby’s first year that, “holy shit, we may not even make the playoffs this year; why did we hire this new, young coach; he is so far over his head they’re going to send him down the river in a barrel.”
Now it’s basically the opposite.
In 2003, we had a inexperienced coach who may have overachieved because of a positive talent margin vs BSC. Now we have an experienced coach who could underachieve because of a negative margin

garizzalies said:
I remember thinking at some point near the mid-season of Bobby’s first year that, “holy shit, we may not even make the playoffs this year; why did we hire this new, young coach; he is so far over his head they’re going to send him down the river in a barrel.”
In 2003, we had a inexperienced coach who may have overachieved because of a positive talent margin vs BSC. Now we have an experienced coach who could underachieve because of a negative margin

Unknown/untested <> untalented

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:

Unknown/untested could be untalented.

4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Offense

Nobody on here will deter you from your unbridled enthusiasm for this season. Yes, from the number of posts you make, I am quite sure you know every name on the roster, as well as their shoe sizes, but that does not change the fact that so many of these projected starters have little to no game-time experience. No amount of raw athleticism can substitute for game experience.

To me, the expectations set by you and many others are a formula for immediate bitching and posts about how well Stitt would have done if he had been retained; if we get beat early by a couple of very good non-conference teams. I want fans to be realistic about this team, so as not to freak out when we don't immediately go 9-2 or 8-3 in Hauck's first season.
Well that might be the first time on here I’ve been accused of having unbridled enthusiasm for this team and coaching staff. Lol

And no, I saw quite enough of Stitt to know that he had worn out his welcome and that his O and D schemes weren’t conducive to beating the better teams in the conference on a regular basis. But I DO think there’s lots of (albeit unproven) talent on the roster and fully expect BH to be able to coach them up to at least 7 and probably 8 wins. But I promise I won’t “freak out” if he falls short. Pinky swear.....

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:

Is the glass half full or half empty? I prefer to believe they’re talented until proven otherwise. They were all pursued by multiple other FCS and in many cases FBS schools. They have talent.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:

Is the glass half full or half empty? I prefer to believe they’re talented until proven otherwise. They were all pursued by multiple other FCS and in many cases FBS schools. They have talent.

I was just making a general statement. I could make another one, that what you just said could be said by many FCS schools and probably all the BSC schools. Some will turn out as talented and some won't.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

I was just making a general statement. I could make another one, that what you just said could be said by many FCS schools and probably all the BSC schools. Some will turn out as talented and some won't.

Oh, agreed 100%. I just think in the Griz case I’m actually right. :)

garizzalies said:
Many forget that both 2002 QBs had graduated and BH was left with Jeff Disney. The Griz had lost three of their last four games in 2002, so the team entering 2003 had little resemblence to the 2001 NC team.

kemajic said:
garizzalies said:
Many forget that both 2002 QBs had graduated and BH was left with Jeff Disney. The Griz had lost three of their last four games in 2002, so the team entering 2003 had little resemblence to the 2001 NC team.

No, we can’t forget it. You remind us all of it about once a week. :cool:

kemajic said:
garizzalies said:

Good post. At one point, 5 foot tall Kyle Sampson played QB for the Griz that year....

Latest posts

Back