• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Predict the final W/L record

Grizbeer said:
I am confused why Sac State keeps getting throwing out as a likely loss. Based on their QB? The same QB who led them to a 24 points and a 20 point loss on the road to ISU? Their 11 point win at home over WSU? You guys really think ISU is more than 20 points better than UM at home? I would think EWU, MSU and Cal Poly (on the road) would be the teams to be concerned about, not Sac State at home.

At worst Griz go 9-3, but I will predict 10-2, #3 seed, beat Coastal Carolina on the road in the Semi's to go to the NC. Unless is is below 10 and super windy for Griz-Cat, then I predict 8-4, first round win in the playoff's. :lol:

Agree on your individual game predictions/concerns.

Grizbeer said:
I am confused why Sac State keeps getting throwing out as a likely loss. Based on their QB? The same QB who led them to a 24 points and a 20 point loss on the road to ISU? Their 11 point win at home over WSU? You guys really think ISU is more than 20 points better than UM at home? I would think EWU, MSU and Cal Poly (on the road) would be the teams to be concerned about, not Sac State at home.

At worst Griz go 9-3, but I will predict 10-2, #3 seed, beat Coastal Carolina on the road in the Semi's to go to the NC. Unless is is below 10 and super windy for Griz-Cat, then I predict 8-4, first round win in the playoff's. :lol:
Because the offense is capable of putting up a ton of points if they are on. Last year we had a hell of a fight with them with a very good defense. The problem is that 20-24 COULD win the game. Hopefully our offense starts hitting on all cylinders and we are able to start putting up 35-40 a game. The defense isn't going to give up over 30 the rest of the year unless injuries cause us grief. If we can find a way to score 31 in any game we can win them all. I think we can run the table. If we continue scoring our average of 26-28 (depending on if you want to include games from non-fcs schools or not) we may be in trouble with some of these teams. We have yet to face a potent offense like EWU Sac State or MSU that is capable of putting up a lot of points. I had us at 9-3 before the season and I'm going to stick with that number now. However, we can not get into a shootout with these teams. CAN NOT GET INTO A SHOOTOUT! If we do we could be up the creek. We have continued to find a way to win and nothing would make me happier than 10-2.

We make the playoffs and host a game in the round of 16. At this point it is who is coming to town and if we are facing a top 10 defense in the nation we are going to be in rough shape. I don't think we have a Natty in the bag, but crazier things have happened I suppose. I'd like that to happen a lot so I could eat all the crow in the world for being a "bad fan/no faith haver." And yes, if this happens I will allow PR to kill a crow, cook it and I will eat it. Write it down. It'll be the best bout of food poisoning ever.

dupuyer griz said:
Because the offense is capable of putting up a ton of points if they are on. Last year we had a hell of a fight with them with a very good defense. The problem is that 20-24 COULD win the game. Hopefully our offense starts hitting on all cylinders and we are able to start putting up 35-40 a game. The defense isn't going to give up over 30 the rest of the year unless injuries cause us grief. If we can find a way to score 31 in any game we can win them all. I think we can run the table. If we continue scoring our average of 26-28 (depending on if you want to include games from non-fcs schools or not) we may be in trouble with some of these teams. We have yet to face a potent offense like EWU Sac State or MSU that is capable of putting up a lot of points. I had us at 9-3 before the season and I'm going to stick with that number now. However, we can not get into a shootout with these teams. CAN NOT GET INTO A SHOOTOUT! If we do we could be up the creek. We have continued to find a way to win and nothing would make me happier than 10-2.

Nobody thinks this offense is lights out right now, but to think the Griz offense is incapable of playing at the same level as Idaho State or MSU is just nonsensical. Let's look at how many points the teams the Griz played have given up:

Wyoming - UM Scored 12
Airforce 13, Oregon 48, Florida Atlantic 19, Michigan State 56 - OK I will concede UM's offense isn't elite Top 25 FBS caliber, but right in the mix with the other teams.

South Dakota UM scored 28
Oregon 62, NAU 21, So Illinois 41. Again UM not on the level as Oregon, and So Ill scored 13 more points than the Griz - So Ill scored 21 4th qtr pts, Griz scored 7.

NDSU UM scored 10
Iowa State 14, Weber State 7, Incarnate Word 0, Western Ill 10 - Griz hold up pretty well here.

Northern Colorado UM scored 38
UNLV 13, Northern Iowa 46, Northern Arizona 17. Again Griz close to the top in scoring - UNI scored 7 4th quarter points, Griz coasted to 0.Neither game was close at that point.

North Dakota UM Scored 16 (19 if you count the field goal apparently missed by the official)
San Jose State 42, Robert Morris 13, Missouri State 31, Stony Brook 3, Montana State 22. Griz played over 1/2 this game without JJ, and without Henderson. The offense still scored almost as many points on the road as MSU did at home with Prukop in the whole game. Missouri state is the anomaly here, and their offense scored 7 points in the first 1/2, 14 in the 3rd quarter and 10 in the 4th on a day they dedicated their revamped stadium.

Griz look very close or better than other FCS offenses against similar competition, with the primary difference being UM has not scored a lot of 4th quarter points when nursing a big lead, and the 2nd 1/2 against UND when JJ was out.

I think taking this comparison into account the Griz offense looks good, and will be fine if their defense holds up as they have so far.

PlayerRep said:
Grizbeer said:

Wow. So you finally went on record with your 2014 prediction, half way through the season? You already predicted you'll beat MSU and EWU, so are you saying your best guess is 10-2, or 9-3?

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Grizbeer said:

Wow. So you finally went on record with your 2014 prediction, half way through the season? You already predicted you'll beat MSU and EWU, so are you saying your best guess is 10-2, or 9-3?

Nope. This is what I agreed with this: "I would think EWU, MSU and Cal Poly (on the road) would be the teams to be concerned about, not Sac State at home."

Grizbeer said:
dupuyer griz said:

Nobody thinks this offense is lights out right now, but to think the Griz offense is incapable of playing at the same level as Idaho State or MSU is just nonsensical. Let's look at how many points the teams the Griz played have given up:

Wyoming - UM Scored 12
Airforce 13, Oregon 48, Florida Atlantic 19, Michigan State 56 - OK I will concede UM's offense isn't elite Top 25 FBS caliber, but right in the mix with the other teams.

South Dakota UM scored 28
Oregon 62, NAU 21, So Illinois 41. Again UM not on the level as Oregon, and So Ill scored 13 more points than the Griz - So Ill scored 21 4th qtr pts, Griz scored 7.

NDSU UM scored 10
Iowa State 14, Weber State 7, Incarnate Word 0, Western Ill 10 - Griz hold up pretty well here.

Northern Colorado UM scored 38
UNLV 13, Northern Iowa 46, Northern Arizona 17. Again Griz close to the top in scoring - UNI scored 7 4th quarter points, Griz coasted to 0.Neither game was close at that point.

North Dakota UM Scored 16 (19 if you count the field goal apparently missed by the official)
San Jose State 42, Robert Morris 13, Missouri State 31, Stony Brook 3, Montana State 22. Griz played over 1/2 this game without JJ, and without Henderson. The offense still scored almost as many points on the road as MSU did at home with Prukop in the whole game. Missouri state is the anomaly here, and their offense scored 7 points in the first 1/2, 14 in the 3rd quarter and 10 in the 4th on a day they dedicated their revamped stadium.

Griz look very close or better than other FCS offenses against similar competition, with the primary difference being UM has not scored a lot of 4th quarter points when nursing a big lead, and the 2nd 1/2 against UND when JJ was out.

I think taking this comparison into account the Griz offense looks good, and will be fine if their defense holds up as they have so far.
I hope you're not saying I said we are incapable of playing at their level. I just said that we could be in trouble if we get into a shootout with those elite offensive teams. I agree with your points that you made however, we are holding fairly well towards the topmiddle area. MSU had 29 points, but I don't think that changes a lot.

dupuyer griz said:
I hope you're not saying I said we are incapable of playing at their level. I just said that we could be in trouble if we get into a shootout with those elite offensive teams. I agree with your points that you made however, we are holding fairly well towards the topmiddle area. MSU had 29 points, but I don't think that changes a lot.
Well I agree we don't want a shoot out, but I do expect to see Griz put up big points against the weaker defense of Sac State and EWU, just as MSU did. MSU offense only scored 22 points, their D scored 7 (just as I didn't include our D's 2 points).

Grizbeer said:
dupuyer griz said:
Well I agree we don't want a shoot out, but I do expect to see Griz put up big points against the weaker defense of Sac State and EWU, just as MSU did. MSU offense only scored 22 points, their D scored 7 (just as I didn't include our D's 2 points).
Good point thanks

And MSU...MUSs defense has only held 1 team under 33 points all year, and that was UND...not countin the D2 team they played.....the way the Cats are playing sure as hell isn't sustainable...specially when the bad weather sets in...I cant wait to watch them attempt to put up 50 points in November.

10-2 again, 9-3 at worst. If Eastern or MSU had anything resembling defenses, I'd be a lot more worried about those games. I think we win close ones in both of those.

Then again, I'm a self-admitted sugar-coater. :ugeek:

statler & waldorf said:
Apparently, there are lots of posters who believe in divine intervention.

No, some of us are just optimists and follow Griz football because it's fun. Where's the fun in being a Debbie Downer the whole season? :thumb:

Htowngriz said:
statler & waldorf said:

No, some of us are just optimists and follow Griz football because it's fun. Where's the fun in being a Debbie Downer the whole season? :thumb:

Call it divine intervention if you want to but this Griz team has pulled out three wins in games that looked over during the last two seasons.Last year, CPSLO and SD. This year ND. This team wins close games in conference. You have to give them credit.

The predictions on this site are all based on the individuals point of view. Kind of like the seven blind men describing an elephant. Based on their perception, each is right.

CV Griz Fan said:
Htowngriz said:
statler & waldorf said:

Call it divine intervention if you want to but this Griz team has pulled out three wins in games that looked over during the last two seasons.Last year, CPSLO and SD. This year ND. This team wins close games in conference. You have to give them credit.

If those teams were equal to the Griz Talent then it would be good... The fact is against avearge to bad teams they pull out some wins and thats why Griz are 19-11... Win is a win no excuses and 19-11 is poor but still rooting as hard as I can every gameday. Montana is a decent team that can beat most anybody and can also lose to any team in the top 75 which makes the Griz an avearage team But win out and get a 2-3 seed since they were rated POPULAR early in the season GO GRIZ!!!

Latest posts

Back