• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Predictions for St. Francis at home

First game of the season is always hard to pick, regardless of the opponent. On paper, should be an easy win for the Griz with plenty of time for the backups to play. I think we will see some continued issues with the OL and breakdowns between QB/WR stall some drives which will keep the score close for most of the game. Hoping this game provides a nice tune up leading into next week at NIU.

GRIZ - 48

St. Francis - 21

Buttegrizzle said:
get'em_griz said:
Saint Francis is comparable to playing Big Sky teams like Northern Colorado, Weber State, Sacramento State. Since this is their first time playing in Washington-Grizzly Stadium and the largest crowd they've played in front of in a few years (largest crowd was at James Madison in 2014 - 23,577 in a 22-38 loss), the first home game of the season, and a night game with emotions from the fans and players running high, I see the Griz winning this game comfortably.

Montana 45
Saint Francis 14.

:thumb: I like this analysis. I'll go with with this too.
your avatar passed away today.

Good Guys take the opener 50 to 20...we'll get 3 FGs in order to get our new kicker some game time experience (but 1 extra point will be missed out of 6).

get'em_griz said:
Saint Francis is comparable to playing Big Sky teams like Northern Colorado, Weber State, Sacramento State. Since this is their first time playing in Washington-Grizzly Stadium and the largest crowd they've played in front of in a few years (largest crowd was at James Madison in 2014 - 23,577 in a 22-38 loss), the first home game of the season, and a night game with emotions from the fans and players running high, I see the Griz winning this game comfortably.

Montana 45
Saint Francis 14.
Possibly you missed the Weber game in Missoula last year.

kemajic said:
get'em_griz said:

Montana 45
Saint Francis 14.
Possibly you missed the Weber game in Missoula last year.

Actually, no. I was there. I did mention that this would be Saint Francis' first time playing in Missoula, whereas Weber State has played in Missoula 15 times in 28 years and has only won twice. Obviously it's not a guarantee that a team will struggle in Missoula in their first game (a.k.a Coastal Carolina, Wofford...) but the Griz are certainly favored as they were in those other games, and the Griz should win this game comfortably if they play good football.

Two thoughts from I.

Halftime: Griz 24 Red Flash 8 ^^^^^^^^^^^Final Griz 39 Red Flash 11

Second thought. Halftime: Red Flash 0 Griz 27 ^^^^^^^^^^Final Griz 49 ^^^^^^^ Red Flash 10

Story next day: Griz return kickoff for 6. Return another punt for a score and kick two field goals. Gus has a great day. A brand new singer belts out the anthem...

Granite Griz by three scores. JLM takes the first step to cementing he BIS and houses one on special teams. Five sacks, one interception and less than a hundo on the ground for ST.FU. A step closer to being the Montana of old.

Latest posts

Back